TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

One Game You Wish You Could Have Seen

Simple question here. Any game/event throughout history that you wish you could have been in attendance for.

For me it's the final game of the 1950 season, Phillies at Brooklyn. The Phillies hold a one game lead in the pennant race after leading seven with two weeks to go. Richie Ashburn cuts off Cal Abrams at home in the bottom of the ninth to preserve a tie. Dick Sisler hits a three-run shot in the top of the tenth to give the Phils the lead and the game. The Phils win their first pennant in 35 years and end the worst stretch of futility any team ever endured. Unlike the 1980 run, there is no videotape of this game anywhere save a few highlights.

Very little question about this one.

Lakers/Blazers, Game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the "live" part. That NLDS game the Mets played against the Giants in 2000 where Benny Agbayani hit a walk off.

Guest Smues

Game 6 of the 95 World Series. If I got to choose two games the 92 NLCS game 7 would be the other.

I'm going to assume the 'live' eliminates the 1987 Canada Cup final, as I would have been 3. It was, however, in my home town.

I'll give the nod to Sunday at the 2003 or 2004 Masters tournament. 2003 because of patriotic reasons, 2004 because Mickelson's first major was remniscent of the BoSox winning the World Series six months later, or Chris Benoit's title win two weeks prior (though that one's been swept under the rug). Augusta really is a sort of mecca of golf..it's kind of tough to explain if you're not into golf.

Even though Weir's Masters win is a notch higher on my all-time list, had the Canadian hockey teams won double gold on native soil in 2002, that would have been my answer.

Edit: I just re-read Al's first statement, but I'm still gonna go with my Masters statements.

Bills vs. Oilers, 93 playoffs. I remember driving home from visiting my Grandparents in Chicago listening to the radio about how the game wosn't sold out and hoping we'd stop by Rich Stadium and get some tix.

Wow, what a good question. My first inclination would be Game 6 of the 1993 World Series, but I was in town for that game and joined the mob on Yonge Street afterward, so I'll pass on that one. Game 7 of Lakers/Blazers is another interesting choice, as is Game 3 of the 1987 Canada Cup.

I'd have to go with Super Bowl XXXII, narrowly edging out the 1986 Masters and the 2002 Olympic men's hockey gold medal game.

Lions/Cowboys divisional playoff game in '91

High point of the Lions' franchise so far in the Super Bowl era.

Game 6 of the 2006 Western Conference quarterfinals between the Wings and Oilers. Just for the 3rd period. That crowd at Rexall was absolutely insane.

Hockey: Game 5 of the '93 Stanley Cup Finals between Montreal and the Kings (Last Stanley Cup win at the Montreal Forum)

Baseball: Game 6 of the '93 World Series to see Joe Cater's walk off home run.

Man, '93 was my best year for sports....too bad I was only 10.