TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Bobby Lashley released

Guest zerfer

I agree with the Kristal connection. Or maybe he was burned out from being on the road (or maybe he just asked for too much money)

Either way, TNAs next wet dream to get ratings (which will fail once again) has come true

Meh. <_<

Okay it sounds like he is gone. Also it seems like MMA is the more likely career path at this time as he is both interested in it and I would assume there would be a no-compete agreement that would preclude any TNA possibility.

I wonder if Lashley asked to be able to wrestle and work MMA and wwe shot him down. However he said it wouldn't be for UFC, so I assume one of the lesser companies offered Lashley big bucks for a few fights.

Guest RejuvenationX

I personally thought that Lashley was wasting his potential doing pro wrestling with such a strong athletic pedigree and he'd be much more suited to MMA. While he wasn't one of the biggest names, he has main evented before and the WWE exposure won't hurt.

Okay it sounds like he is gone. Also it seems like MMA is the more likely career path at this time as he is both interested in it and I would assume there would be a no-compete agreement that would preclude any TNA possibility.

I wonder if Lashley asked to be able to wrestle and work MMA and wwe shot him down. However he said it wouldn't be for UFC, so I assume one of the lesser companies offered Lashley big bucks for a few fights.

I doubt WWE would object if Lashley wants to work for one of those smaller groups on HDNet or another low visibility outlet. UFC seems to be the only MMA company that unnerves McMahon.

I have to admit, I got so fucking giddy when I saw this thread title.

Yeah, me too.

I hated his look, his work in the ring wasn't anything special, and he has one of the worst promo voices ever.

Now we can "look forward to" the TNA promoted "dream match" between Kurt Angle and Bobby Lashley. It will happen, and it'll happen this year. Oh boy. :lol:

Yeah, me too.

I hated his look, his work in the ring wasn't anything special, and he has one of the worst promo voices ever.

Now we can "look forward to" the TNA promoted "dream match" between Kurt Angle and Bobby Lashley. It will happen, and it'll happen this year. Oh boy. :lol:

Lashley: "Kurt Angle, you're a BATHTURD, and I'm gonna bweak you in haff!"

I hope to not offend anyone with this post, but Mr. Kennedy seems to be one big walking bad omen for WWE.

Eddie Guerrero wrestled his last match before his tragic passing against Mr. Kennedy

Lashley wrestled his last televised match against Mr. Kennedy

John Cena tore his pecs in a match against Mr. Kennedy

HBK had better be careful.

Agreeing with the previous sentiments though. Lashley's ringwork sucked the devil's cock. The only major thing he'll be remembered for is diving through a cage to get to Umaga. It's bad enough he single handedly dismantled most of the remaining ECW originals in a 3 on 1 handicap match, but when he was getting clean wins over RVD week after week, it became enough for me. One thing that surprised me though was how much he seemed to be lacking in the physical strength department given his appearance. He was just as definied physically as John Cena, (I know this doesn't mean a hill of beans in strength, just thought I'd bring it up), but he struggled just to slam Big Show while Cena seems to be able to FU Show with seemingly no effort. It seemed like he should be capable of doing some Brock Lesnar-esque feats of ungodly strength given his size.

I hope to not offend anyone with this post, but Mr. Kennedy seems to be one big walking bad omen for WWE.

Eddie Guerrero wrestled his last match nefore his tragic passing against Mr. Kennedy

So what you're saying is he might botch a move so badly that HBK's career could be ended again? That is a bad omen.

BOBBY LASHLEY-WWE UPDATE

by Dave Scherer @ 2:28:07 PM on 1/23/2008

Here is the latest on the Bobby Lashley-WWE situation. Lashley has definitely informed WWE that he wants to leave the company. There are a lot of reasons for him wanting to do so. The word we have gotten is that part of it has to do with how his girlfriend Kristal Marshall was treated by the company when she balked at being paired with Edge and doing the Lita gimmick, and was then quickly released. Let's just say that there is a line of thought that at least part of why she didn't want to do the angle was fear of a racial element being added to the storyline by the Smackdown creative staff.

I have also heard of other issues behind the scenes where Lashley reportedly feels like he hasn't been treated well himself while he has been out rehabbing. There is said to have been little communication between Lashley and Vince McMahon and no firm plans in place to get him back on TV now that his injury has healed and this was frustrating to him.

At this point, Lashley needs to negotiate an official release from WWE as he is still under contract (and thus is still listed on the company website). As always in this business, things can change at the drop of a hat but for now, his plan is to move on from WWE and then plan the next phase of his life.

tl;dr: Lashley's not gone, but he wants to be and he just hasn't gone through the official motions to get a release from his contract.

Bodyslamming is a lot different that F-U'ing. Lashley's bodyslam is draping Big Show over one shoulder, whereas the FU spreads that 500lbs over the entire back/shoulders. Many big guys can squat 500lbs, I don't know how many could carry 500 lbs on one shoulder and try to move...

You know, my brother said that the ECW run would end up killing Lashley's career. I didn't really buy it, but can anyone argue that Lashley wasn't better served being on Smackdown? He had plenty of veteran guys like Finlay and Booker to work win and he was getting over in a Batista lite sort of way. I don't recall much of any online vitriol directed at Lashley when he was US champ on SD.

But the ECW run? It did these negative things to Lashley's career:

--Began the wrath of the hardcore fans as he was beating the various ECW Original guys and not doing it like Big Show did (Extreme Rules) but just in typical matches. Most of which weren't that good.

--The Vince feud put him in a position that fans didn't really buy him in yet. Once he jobbed to Vince under any circumstances, I started thinking he was a jobber. Lashley wasn't over enough with fans to job to Vince and have him not lose any face.

Eddie Guerrero wrestled his last match before his tragic passing against Mr. Kennedy

I hope Kennedy didn't hook up with C**** B***** the week before he went crazy.

No, Benoit goes under the category of "Those whose lives or careers were wrecked by the New ECW." Lashley actually fits in BOTH the Kennedy and WWECW categories.

Would be funny if he is gone because Kristal kept nagging him to use his *still developing* pull to get her back

*Plays S.O.D.'s "Pussy Whipped"*

I agree with some others though TNA will give him a shot (how can they not/and they do a lot of others whether they should or shouldnt for various reasons)

If you like him, watch him there

If you dont like him, congrats he's gone

I'm indifferent I thought he had some potential but clearly the forced push wasnt working

You know, my brother said that the ECW run would end up killing Lashley's career. I didn't really buy it, but can anyone argue that Lashley wasn't better served being on Smackdown? He had plenty of veteran guys like Finlay and Booker to work win and he was getting over in a Batista lite sort of way. I don't recall much of any online vitriol directed at Lashley when he was US champ on SD.

But the ECW run? It did these negative things to Lashley's career:

--Began the wrath of the hardcore fans as he was beating the various ECW Original guys and not doing it like Big Show did (Extreme Rules) but just in typical matches. Most of which weren't that good.

--The Vince feud put him in a position that fans didn't really buy him in yet. Once he jobbed to Vince under any circumstances, I started thinking he was a jobber. Lashley wasn't over enough with fans to job to Vince and have him not lose any face.

Agreed. The ECW run never felt right, and was too much too soon. Most of the stuff he ended up doing, (vs. Umaga at WM, Vince fued) could have easily been done while he was on SD.

So it comes back to his moronic nobody G/F who refused to do a role....

It's the new Krissy Vaine/Ryan O'Reilly...god people really are fuckin stupid.

Meh. Doesn't do much for me since I felt he was too overpushed way too fast. I liked his run with Finlay and his match against Cena that's pretty much it.

Look now for two face-blocking stickers on the Wrestlemania DVD, McMahon/Umaga against mystery opponents.

Dana White is fucking drooling right now.

I have NO IDEA how Lashley would pass a real drug test, but if he could, with enough training he could be a force.

I doubt it. He's 31 years old already and didn't have near the pedigree even Lesnar had. Also he wrestled at 177lbs as an amature - or over 100lbs ago. Also he's not near the name Lesnar was in wrestling circles and wouldn't get near the money Lesnar got. Maybe a lesser org will want him for name value - maybe he can fight Kimbo Slice after his fight with Tank Abbott.

Dana White latches onto ANYONE with strong competitive athletic ability. Bobby Lashley fits that mold.

He also has name value within our circles. Not the greatest, but it's another guy White can say was some form of world champion to further suck in the Pro-Wrestling audience, which is what his goal is with Brock Lesnar. It makes perfect logical sense.