TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I'm gonna be gone for a week so any picks I have, just skip them and I'll make them up when I get back. That cool?

It might be a good idea to leave some selections with me.

The 369th selection, on behalf of naiwf:

I won't be on when it's time for my next pick and I'm fairly confident Broward won't pick her. My little write-up follows.

I really wanted to get Precious Lucy/LuFisto as my third female, but once she was gone and Cheerleader Melissa went shortly after I had to think about whether I would just stick with Lita & Victoria and call it a day. After picking up my last two tag teams, I figure I'll go with another woman and decided to pick someone who can be a draw in both Mexico and Japan and whose work I've admired ever since I saw some of her stuff from ARSION back in 2001 or so. My next pick is Ayako Hamada.

0339ps1vigp6.jpg

Just out of interest, what would everyone say has been their biggest regret of the draft so far? Was it someone you missed out on picking, or someone you've picked that you're having second thoughts about? Anything like that.

Being completely honest, in hindsight, it has to be picking Jeff Hardy as a singles guy rather than as part of the Hardy Boys. At the time I was just absolutely certain that they were worth more as singles than as a unit. However, thinking about it now, it would have really been a bit of a coup to have had one of the most over teams of the last 10 years or so as the centrepiece of my tag division. At the time though my thought process was that I wasn't too bothered about tag teams, but now I think the Hardys could have had some great matches against all the teams I have.

On behalf of Hunter's Torn Quad:

Atsushi Onita

01.jpg

DAMN YOU HTQ~! I have Abby.... ABBY! :angry: :angry:

Just out of interest, what would everyone say has been their biggest regret of the draft so far?

As someone on the outside looking in, I'd say my biggest regret is that Drury found this thread and I didn't.

For my next pick, I'm getting another guy that I feel is a good talent and has a ready made feud with Cibernetico. His willingness to fly from the top rope and his overall strength can allow me to mold him into someone akin to Mike Awesome.

I forget what pick this is, but I choose:

banderas1zf7.jpg

Ricky Banderas

My biggest regret was not getting MVC. I was really hoping to have a more serious program, but instead wound up going with a more entertaining style roster.

I guess I'm going back to Japan again. I was going to take Onita rounds ago but I kept letting him slide. Oh well. I can't be too upset in round 21...

tenryu.jpg

Genichiro Tenryu

He's undefeated at wrestlemania you know...

Anyway...I don't think he was taken...even using the page search function I barely feel safe picking anyone at this point.

I guess I'm going back to Japan again. I was going to take Onita rounds ago but I kept letting him slide. Oh well. I can't be too upset in round 21...

tenryu.jpg

Genichiro Tenryu

He's undefeated at wrestlemania you know...

Anyway...I don't think he was taken...even using the page search function I barely feel safe picking anyone at this point.

He was going to go in the next round.

For my next tag team, I pick The Order of the Neo Solar Temple -- Ultramantis Black and HYDRA!

2308501892_c24639e298.jpg

l_2da911c2c3264179e1552779befdf065.jpg

Ultramantis is a great comedy heel, with all his diabolical plotting and scheming. I'd have him try to suck up and work with Vampiro as much as possible. Plus, he's great on the mic and can serve as a manager, interviewer or commentator as needed.

hydraripped.jpg

Hydra is great as the comedy lowcard monster who thinks he's the world strongest man. As a team, the two have great chemistry with Hydra being the lackey/stooge.

Check out these vids of them in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbwyuXS-xFs...feature=related

Plus, with my roster, they regularly recreate this pictures

l_e2da8f7b48f3c9087350c7a3bf1e0691.jpg

Just out of interest, what would everyone say has been their biggest regret of the draft so far? Was it someone you missed out on picking, or someone you've picked that you're having second thoughts about? Anything like that.

I regret not taking The Brainbusters with my second pick as I'm almost absolutely certain that Kerry Von Erich would have been there for my third pick. I love the hell out of my roster right now but having three out of four of the original Horseman would have made it sweeter.

I should've taken Rude with my second pick. But really, everyone I've taken has been a good pick.

It is really important to have a big man that isn’t just about his size. He requires a special element beyond his considerable size. With this next selection, I will take one of the most underrated and under appreciated big men in the business. He is a solid promo, very capable of being the unstoppable beast or the comic relief. He will be perfectly suited for the mid-card especially with the smaller workers as he tends to work best with those types. You might notice that I’m not taking the version that he most typically remembered as but rather the sleeker and more agile version.

For my next selection, I will choose

17.jpg

Mark Henry

After much deliberation and plotting, I decided to renege on my previous declaration of my thoughts upon a woman’s division. However, it’ll still be limited and these roles wouldn’t be strictly as a in-ring talent. They will be used in other roles when or if applicable. This selection isn’t the strongest in-ring performer but she’s very capable inside the ring, a great character when given a good storyline, gets fantastic heat and looks ridiculously beautiful doing it. I’m not sure which version that I will utilize but I feel she’s worthwhile in any capacity.

With my next selection in the draft, I present to you

l_6874f71b70b56097e0b325dacf42582d.jpg

The Lovely Lacey

She was definitely on my radar, well her and a partner anyway. Back to the drawing board on that plan.