TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

2008 Summer Olympics

I thought he was toast at the far wall. There's no way he should have caught Cavic with the lead he had. Then again, there's no way Lezac should have caught Bernard in the relay, so there you go.

I know he's Captain America and all that, but I'm not convinced Phelps actually won that race unless Cavic didn't touch the sensor box or whatever that black thing underwater is.

Every replay they've shown since the race ended made it look like Cavic got there first.

The underwater cam caught it clearly, Phelps touched an instant before Cavic.

How can an underwater cam clearly show one guy touch the wall one one hundredth of a second faster than another when the cam from the side of the pool is 4 or 5 lanes away? Maybe it's the angle but I just didn't see Phelps touch first. With Lezak/Bernard you could see it but that had 7 times the gap that this one did. I'm sure I'll get a few thousand more looks at it by next week though so maybe I'm just not seeing the separation between both hands touching.

The 50 meter freestyle is my favorite race of all of the swims. Did that Brazilian dude breathe in that whole race? The replay they just showed had him with his head down for about 8 strokes.

Speed WALKING on USA right now! Riveting!

I can't believe this is an Olympic event. It makes me laugh every time I see these people looking borderline handicap as they try to run without running.

What constitutes a "run" anyway? Dumb idea.

Going off what one of my former college associates who was a power walker said, both feet have to be touching the ground before the other foot can leave the ground, whereas running is basically fast, short jumping.

Usain Bolt sure is fast. It's not that long ago a time like 9.69 seconds in the 100m was unthinkable, this guy makes it look easy. God only knows what sort of time he'd do if he didn't spend the final 20m posturing to the crowd.