TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Holy shit. Jillian really does look like a completely different person now after seeing those 2004 pics. And her face may look bad now, but it doesn't look even close as bad as Chyna's from a couple of years ago. Hell, she didn't even look human.

House Show Report:

Wildwood, NJ

8/8/08

Pre-Show Block Party

Food was sold and there were some guys from a radio station there for whatever reason, and there was a dunk tank game where if you dunked the guy you got to go into a money chamber and grab as much play money as possible. The top five winners got ringside seats. They also had games on the stage for Summerslam DVDs and autograph wristbands (Yes, you needed a wristband to get an autograph. Supposedly they also gave them out to the first 100 people there, of course I came after. Wish I'd have known this.) I stayed til Punk came out then I went across the street to the venue to wait in line.

I was close to the front row so my view was a WHOLE lot better than last time. And prime for taking pictures.

The Show

The usual warnings and notices, no laser pens or video cams, etc, then Mike Chioda came out to welcome us and introduce the first match. (He got a chant from the smark row near me). We were also told to vote on our cellphones the stipulation for the main event. Fall Count Anywhere, 2/3 Falls, No DQ.

Kane b. Matt Striker in a squash match.

James Curtis (I -think-, he got released today though, this was probably his last match) b. Charlie Haas. Haas drew a surprising amount of heel heat.

D'Lo Brown b. Snitsky. I thought this was going to be a squash, but it was a really entertaining match. Lots of chants on Snitsky. "Brush your teeth!" "You can't wrestle!" and one kid shouted next to me "Stop smiling, I just ate!"

William Regal b. Jamie Noble. Sub-par match, crowd was mostly dead for it.

Kofi b. Santino in an Intercontinential Championship match. The smark row kept cheering Santino and booing Kofi, which created an interesting little dueling chant at some point.

Mickie James b. Katie Lea in a Women's Championship match. Mickie James got a pretty good reaction.

Cena & Cryme Time b. Jericho & Team Priceless. Jericho got a pop when he first came out, then booed when he got on the mic and cut a promo saying HBK would never come back because he beat him to a pulp, and he wished he could do the same to everyone in the arena. Cena came out to nuclear heat, blew the roof off. The smark row booed him and some people near me were starting to get irritated. Mega-hot match, Cena won with the STFU.

CM Punk b. JBL in a No DQ Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. JBL came out and insulted the hometown, and said that we came to see him and it would be the greatest day in our lives when we saw him win the title. Well it seems things didn't turn out that way of course. At this point the crowd seemed worn out, but Punk was still decently over and JBL hated. Had some trouble getting a chant going til later in the match. It wasn't the best match but the use of weapons helped it out some. Punk won with the Go 2 Sleep and posed for the crowd.

Biggest Pops

John Cena + Cryme Time

CM Punk

Kofi Kingston

Mickie James

Biggest Heat

JBL

Jericho

Snitsky

Charlie Haas

Decent show, I'll give it three stars. I would have rated the matches but I'm not really good at that. Mostly focused on getting plenty of pictures and just in general being entertained.

Not sure if this applies to all Time Warner customers, but yesterday they added USA HD as well as Olympic basketball and soccer channels in HD. Not sure if USA HD is going to get yanked once the Olympics are over or not.

I am now less excited about tomorrows house show than I was 5 minutes ago before I read the HS report from NJ. Thats essentially what I'll see, minus

James Curtis.

Is the cell phone texting thing at house shows rigged?

I am now less excited about tomorrows house show than I was 5 minutes ago before I read the HS report from NJ. Thats essentially what I'll see, minus

James Curtis.

Is the cell phone texting thing at house shows rigged?

I can't say for sure. I doubt it's rigged. If I made it sound bad, I didn't mean to. The matches weren't five star classics, but I had fun.

I watched an episode of ECW on TV for the first time ever this weekend (hooray DVRs!) only to find that Global HD doesn't actually air the HD feed of the show. What the hell, Global?

Doesn't it piss you off that in Canada we have to wait til Friday at midnight (like we want to be watching wrestling at that time) to see ECW, 3 days after the US?

Has anyone seen this pic yet?

I haven't seen Smackdown lately, but Carlito looks alot different. And since when did Candice Michelle jump to Smackdown's roster?

Wow, another random switch. :rolleyes:

Edit: Candice is still on the Raw page for now.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...

It'd do Carlito wonders if they'd align him with Chavo and have them work a bad-ass Latino based tag-team.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...

It'd do Carlito wonders if they'd align him with Chavo and have them work a bad-ass Latino based tag-team.

Or call up brother Eddie Colon, and Eric Perez from developmental and make an LAX rip-off faction. Chavo/Carlito would really work as well, but I don't think being put in a tag team will keep Carly motivated.

Carly should just cut his hair, rather than the crummy looking cornrows. However maybe he's keeping the long hair in case he gets "endeavored"...