TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

How strong are you?

What's your history of/current exercise? I used to be into baseball and basketball a lot, but never really did a serious sport until I took up kayaking. Worked on my abs a lot. Now I just ride my bike. I've always had strong legs though. Even before riding, I could leg press up to about 350.

I wrestled very briefly before my knees gave out. Since then I don't really exercise at all, though I'm trying to start again. I could probably beat up a lot of fifth graders.

I wrestled very briefly before my knees gave out.

Yes, me too. I can't really use it as evidence of how strong or weak I am though because the only other two people in the club were two years older and younger than me respectively.

Leg Press 700 lbs plus. Bullish arm, shoulder and chest strength

Most strength built up picking stones, tossing hay bales and picking stones.

Granted now-a-days the biggest weight I lift is a 12 oz beer to my mouth

I used to be a lot stronger than I am now. Four years of not working out and 3 1/2 with the girlfriend has me in shit condition. With the new-found life via the new job, I will be back to working out 5-7 days a week, and I am looking forward to it so much (just not as much as Matt Young). In my heyday, my legs were always the strongest, but I was an all-around strong guy. However, my bench press is borderline pathetic, as a combination of very long arms (wingspan of 6'6") and a lack of desire to do a lot of an exercise in which I was already weak.

Soooo, how strong am I? 4.

my girlfriend could probably beat me up. she's at the gym 4 times a week doing weightlifting, swimming, and spinning.

the extent of my exercise is that i walk home from campus everyday, which is about a mile.

I guess the question I'd have to answer is how many small children could I beat up at one time without being overcome by their ruthlessness.

I'd like to say ten.

I've been out of shape for years. I'm not very strong, honestly.

Retard strong. KOAB did say that I look like a TUF reject which is fairly accurate in terms of how I look and about how strong I am.

The only thing I'm lacking is the actual fighting skill.

Okay, so I guess the question becomes how many children could you fight at once?

I'd say probably 7. Unless they immobilized my legs. Children are weak and a swift kick with my legs would knock a couple of them out.

Retard strong. KOAB did say that I look like a TUF reject which is fairly accurate in terms of how I look and about how strong I am.

The only thing I'm lacking is the actual fighting skill.

I wish I could remember posting that... I must of been drunk

Guest Vitamin X

Well I used to play football and track and then I graduated high school and started fucking my body up, first thinning out and atrophying with loads of meth and other assorted hard drugs, then flubbing out with smoking bud for years, and I didn't start trying to get back in shape until the last year I was in Miami/coming here to Portland. It definitely took a while, but then I started biking, I changed my dietary habits immensely (went from eating almost exclusively meat and starches to very little meat and a much wider variety of foods in smaller portions) and started playing rugby, which I've actually been in and out for the past few months, so I went down a bit in exercise habit and now I'm coming back up again. My legs are by far the strongest part- I squatted 650, 700 pounds in high school easily and had a 4.45, 4.5 40-yard dash while being able to bench a pretty weak amount, only like 240 or 250 I think at my peak. Right now I can probably just do my body weight or so. I have pretty strong arms though, so it's pretty much just my torso that's weak and flabby (I've NEVER been able to get anything close to a six-pack, other than beer).

I'm a pretty vicious fighter/competitor, so maybe like 8-10.

I think I'm one of those guys that has more raw strength than actual weight room strength. My highest bench was 285, which was only 20-30 pounds over my body weight. I had decent lower body strength with a 550 squat (I'm sure I could've easily did over 600 if I kept at it) and a 620 deadlift (not sure how much I can leg press). I'm definitely out of shape right now, but I'm working on it. I really hate running though, even after playing about 8-9 different organized sports from age 5-6 through my 1st year of college.

Either some people on this board are telling a few little lies or this board is just incredibly strong. Here are the average bench presses for males (this is a one time press):

Age 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60-69

Lbs 180 158 143 128 116

The average bench press for a male between ages 20 and 60 is 145 pounds or 65.7708937 kilograms

Considering most of you are in the age 20-29 range anything over 190 would be very good. Anything over 200 would put you in the top 15% of people in that age range, and anything over 250 would put you in the top 3% of people aged 20-29.

I normally have much strongth welling in my body, but from time to time I slip on this ring I found with a big "H" on it. During those times, I feel like I have the strength of ten ordinary men.

Either some people on this board are telling a few little lies or this board is just incredibly strong.

A trip to "Post a picture of yourself" should be proof enough little lies are being told

Guest Cal Moriarty

I have massive rock-solid legs and noodle arms. It's a function of running every day, but never wanting to spend more time in a weight room than I was obligated to in 10th grade gym class.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

No idea on any weight room measurements. I can pick up and carry a piece of granite not quite as wide as my chest and as deep as my forearms. I can fling my woman over Count Basie's band.

Either some people on this board are telling a few little lies or this board is just incredibly strong. Here are the average bench presses for males (this is a one time press):

Age 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60-69

Lbs 180 158 143 128 116

The average bench press for a male between ages 20 and 60 is 145 pounds or 65.7708937 kilograms

Considering most of you are in the age 20-29 range anything over 190 would be very good. Anything over 200 would put you in the top 15% of people in that age range, and anything over 250 would put you in the top 3% of people aged 20-29.

That obviously has to include people who don't work out on a regular basis. I NEVER see people doing sets of less than 135 at the gym and for most people I know, including myself, 135 for 12 is the warmup set.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

We have a thing at work called "Pallet Flingin'" that takes place on the dock after all of the managers leave on some Saturdays.

I have routinely won or placed highly in this event. A typical block pallet weighs between 60-70 lbs.

i have that freaky retard strength also. there's no real good way of measuring that. i couldn't tell you how much i can bench press or whatnot. (a gym? what's that?) but i can carry some pretty heavy things up to the third floor when moving. i also posess a belly buck that would send fat beer-drinking bikers into next week.