TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball: 9/22-9/30

From now on, unless the Mets have a spot clinched with seventeen left to play I'm just going to go ahead and assume that they're not making it.

Congratulations to the Phillies and the Brewers. I'm gonna go throw myself off a bridge.

A failed bridge?

At least I'm not a Mets fan. At least I'm not a Mets fan. Dodgers and Cubs, Brewers and Phillies. I'll say Phillies beat the Dodgers.

I'll probably jinx it, but I'll be shocked if it's not Cubs/Phillies in the NLCS.

From now on, unless the Mets have a spot clinched with seventeen left to play I'm just going to go ahead and assume that they're not making it.

Congratulations to the Phillies and the Brewers. I'm gonna go throw myself off a bridge.

A failed bridge?

At least I'm not a Mets fan. At least I'm not a Mets fan. Dodgers and Cubs, Brewers and Phillies. I'll say Phillies beat the Dodgers.

I'll probably jinx it, but I'll be shocked if it's not Cubs/Phillies in the NLCS.

Most people thought that last year. At least there isn't a completely undesirable NLCS match-up out there like the Rockies/D-Backs last season.

If the Giants hadn't won the SB last year this would have been a wrist slittingly disastrous end to a 3rd consecutive season. I'm just done with the Mets. I'll leave my fandom at the bottom of the rubble when they blow up Shea. It'll be nice not to invest 6 months into the Groundhog Day cycle where every year amazingly ends up worse than the one before it.

Why don't you become a Yankee fan? Since we didn't make the playoffs this year, I won't call you a bandwagoner.

Rooting for the Yankees is perhaps the only thing in baseball that I still think is worse than rooting for the Mets. I only really support teams from my city so I'm just done with baseball once this year's AL playoffs are over.

Anyway, congrats to the Brewers for showing some guts and finishing the season strong.

Twins are up 6-0 in the 8th and still batting. So barring a 9th inning meltdown it will be a must win for the White Sox tomorrow to force a one game playoff on Tuesday.

Twins game was fun to watch, they were just waiting for something to happen. They had left a small village on the bases before they blew it open.

XM isn't sticking with the WFAN feed so I can hear some closing ceremony stuff. I'm not really angry like I was last year, just sort of upset. I still think Shea deserves my appreciation, and I hope the fans in attendance are great for all that stuff, especially since Citi Field is just going to be a glorified Brooklyn Dodger museum.

At least all of the one Brewers fan on the board has something to look forward to

Hey now, don't forget my good friend, Invader.

Great ending to a great season. I've gained a lot more respect for the Mets this season than I had for them last season because even though their bullpen didn't seem to want to play October baseball, their offense more than tried to make up for it, except for only a couple games. I was actually hoping to see a Brewers/Mets Wild Card playoff to get in, but I think the Brewers are the least scary team in this year's playoffs. With that said, if the Phils don't make it to the NLCS at the very least, I will probably feel like the Mets fans feel right now.

I was pulling for the Mets there. Despite the rivalry, I respect the franchise's players, fans and organization. Losing out is tough, particularly when you come so close. Life goes on. Appreciate the effort the players put on the field, they gave it their best shot.

Nice to see Lou Marson homer in his big league debut. This kid could take the starting job next Spring.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

I don't think the Mets can keep Jerry Manuel, can they? With Minaya getting a four-year extension, doesn't someone's head have to roll here?

There is joy for me as this loss is a vindication of Willie Randolph as a manager. Maniya(SP) had the gall to fire Randolph over the phone in the midst of the Mets having a winning streak. Now they have choked again and Maniya was just given a 4 YR extension.

What is the common denominator in The Mets underachieving now? I'll tell you, M A N I YA!!!

As a Yankess fans it is always great to turn the screws against The Mets faithful! :headbang:

There better be extra police on that 7 train for the next 2 hrs.

I don't think the Mets can keep Jerry Manuel, can they? With Minaya getting a four-year extension, doesn't someone's head have to roll here?

I think it would be very difficult to justify canning a manager who wasn't even in charge the first time around. I think the current group gets one more shot at switching around some personnel.

Omar Minaya's done a decent to good job the fast few years, despite ultimately coming up short. He's been able to put out a team in position to make the playoffs every year and there aren't many organizations you can say that about. He's had several great signings/trade acquisitions (Beltran, Wagner, Johan, Delgado and Oliver Perez). If you seriously think the guy should go over the failures of a bullpen, then your hate is seriously misguided.

It takes a special kind of dumbass to incorrectly spell a name used one post above.

It also takes an absolute genius not to look at the time of the post in question before making an insult.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
Omar Minaya's done a decent to good job the fast few years, despite ultimately coming up short. He's been able to put out a team in position to make the playoffs every year and there aren't many organizations you can say that about. He's had several great signings/trade acquisitions (Beltran, Wagner, Johan, Delgado and Oliver Perez). If you seriously think the guy should go over the failures of a bullpen, then your hate is seriously misguided.

The bullpen is more important now than ever before, so I don't see what's wrong with Mets fans being upset about that. If he's such a great general manager, why hasn't he addressed the need that has been the team's undoing?

It takes a special kind of dumbass to incorrectly spell a name used one post above.

It also takes an absolute genius not to look at the time of the post in question before making an insult.

You still butchered Omar's name

Since there was some MVP talk above, let me see if I can't work out the NL award race. Albert Pujols is obviously number one, but there are several qualified candidates for the #2 slot.

1. Albert Pujols

2. Johan Santana

3. Chase Utley

4. David Wright

5. Lance Berkman

6. Hanley Ramirez

7. Geovany Soto

8. Carlos Beltran

9. Carlos Delgado

10. Tim Lincecum

As you can see, no Manny Ramirez, Brad Lidge, C.C. Sabathia or Chipper Jones. I can't see being the MVP in limited playing time. Manny played in 53-54 games for the Dodgers. He would need to triple All-Star production to reach the MVP standard, IMO.

The bullpen is more important now than ever before, so I don't see what's wrong with Mets fans being upset about that. If he's such a great general manager, why hasn't he addressed the need that has been the team's undoing?

The bullpen wasn't really the problem last year, the rotation was.

You still butchered Omar's name

It happens.

Now excuse me while I listen to the wailing sobs of The Mets fans around here.

I think three consecutive three-day rest performances to carry your team to their first playoff appearance since 1982 is MVP worthy. But, I do keep mistaking the trophy for the most valuable player to his team with what it really is, a reward for the best stats no matter where your team finishes.

When does the TSM Baseball Awards ballot go up? I'm really having a hard time not giving Sabathia the NL Cy Young after what he's done the past week or so.