TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - January 2009

That Goldman video really buries Hawkins and Ryder.

Who?

Miz and Morrison don't even recognize them as guys they lost their belts to!

Everyone knows that the title belts were merely misplaced in the Palace of Wisdom. This accusation you make is nothing more than an oft-repeated slander, designed to diminish Miz and Morrison in the eyes of the general public

I believe she caught Hacksaw up to no good and was going to rat on him (To whom I don't know) but instead Hacksaw let her in on the action.

If that's true, then, by all rights, IRS should be part of the group in the next segment.

Two words: Hacksaw's Eleven.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For you history buffs, today is the 25th anniversary of one of the most important matches in WWE and Wrestling History:

25 years ago today, Hulk Hogan beat The Iron Sheik and the rest, well, is history.

I've been wanting to ask this for a while, and since you make reference to a 25th anniversary.. why are they hying WrestleMania 25 as 'the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania'?

Surely WrestleMania 26 would be the 25th anniversary.

I've been wanting to ask this for a while, and since you make reference to a 25th anniversary.. why are they hying WrestleMania 25 as 'the 25th anniversary of WrestleMania'?

Surely WrestleMania 26 would be the 25th anniversary.

YES. THANK YOU.

The NFL made the same mistake with the Super Bowl a few years ago, touting SB 40 as "the 40th anniversary of the Super Bowl." Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I can't find where the original post was about WWE.com putting up the review on The Wrestler or Vince wanting him for WM, but I saw Kamala mention it in "The Wrestler" folder and it prompted me to ask this question. (I thought here would be a more appropriate place.)

Vince changed his mind on the movie, or the internets were wrong about his initial reaction?

All I ever saw was the one report saying he was furious, but no details ever about why or who he told, so I'm thinking maybe that report was bull. Not that it would surprise me if he did change his opinion on it once it got oscar nominated either.

Yeah...it seems plausible that Vince really did hate the movie, but saw all the positive attention it's been getting, so he decided WWE should try to glom onto that. Which is kind of funny because my understanding of the movie (haven't had a chance to see it yet) is that it doesn't exactly paint the wrestling industry in a great light.

Yeah...it seems plausible that Vince really did hate the movie, but saw all the positive attention it's been getting, so he decided WWE should try to glom onto that. Which is kind of funny because my understanding of the movie (haven't had a chance to see it yet) is that it doesn't exactly paint the wrestling industry in a great light.

No it doesn't, even hints and shows about drug use, which in current light seems odd for WWE to side with if it is true. If they do work together, I can only see it confusing some of the younger fans if they go on to see the movie someway.

That guys sig is way too big, and stupid.

It seems like everyone on there has a sig that's too big.

List of wreslters I like~!

Is Kane the only notable long term person left in the company that hasn't gotten a world title reign that deserves one?

I mean a real title reign. Not the one day reign back in 1998. Incidentally I attended that PPV.

Is Kane the only notable long term person left in the company that hasn't gotten a world title reign that deserves one?

I mean a real title reign. Not the one day reign back in 1998. Incidentally I attended that PPV.

Are you counting the ECW Title?

Does anyone else get the continues "loading" screen whenever they watch videos on WWE.com? I'm assuming there's something I got to download but I'm not sure what I need to download. It's weird cause my computer upstairs doesn't get past the loading screen but my computer downstairs plays the video just fine.

I get the "loading..." message as well. I just wait a bit and find it on youtube. Truth be told, I think Goldman's two episodes pretty much suck. It's like he's a kids show host, like he should be hosting "Double Dare" or something.

Todd Pettengill with muscles.

Are you counting the ECW Title?

No. I'm not. Although I can understand why some people would.

You know what's weird? I could have sworn that Dibiase had tattoos (esp. a back tattoo) like Orton at one point. Last night I was commenting to one of my friends how it's easy to mix them up at quick glance due in large part to the tattoos (I think it's b/c one of the announcers kept referring to one of them as the other), but then I noticed he didn't have anything on his back. I could have sworn he did at one point, b/c I remember thinking, "Oh, look, he has the modern version of the tough guy, completely unoriginal, tribal symbol upper arm tattoo." Like I said, weird.

If you don't count the ECW then Matt Hardy has made WWE appearances back to 1994 without holding a World Title, even for a fortnight.

Pretty crazy when you put it in perspective like that. Even Jeff Hardy got a one-month "Thank You for Killing Yourself For Us For All These Years" run. Two years in a row, Jeff Hardy has now lost in a world title match at The Royal Rumble.