Jump to content

DrVenkman PhD

Members
  • Posts

    9713
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DrVenkman PhD

  1. That was good. First episode of S4 I watched with an audience, good times. Michael's commercial was funny and actually pretty good but you coudl see why they wouldn't air it... though it was just a local spot with charm. Side note: Michael said he would bankroll the cost of the pros coming back a second time, did he not? He must REALLY be hurting for money now, but evidentially not enough that he couldn't buy a round at the bar.
  2. 30 Rock was great. Man, "Super Computer" (1975-1975) sure spun off a lot of shows.
  3. Do you EVER say anything with relevance to the topic at hand? One of your 24/7 posts was about TNA Remixes and Rick Astley. You're also making reference to an old forum joke despite the fact you've only been here for 2 months. I'm calling pbp shenanigans on this one. I apologize for using this thread to vent at this guy. Carry on.
  4. If a game is "AAA" (as in Triple A) title, it means it is expected to do very well, usually part of a franchise. I believe Mario Galaxy would be considered a AAA title. AA, I expect, would be something expected to do well but doesn't have as much hype as the others and / or is not a franchise title. Back when I was younger and had no internet (about 1996) and the N64 was on it's way out, I always used to talk to the people running a mom and pop video store about game release dates. The book from their supplier actually catologued the games as A - AA - AAA. The grading system comes from the minor league baseball ranking system.
  5. I didn't care for Katherine Heigl keeping her bra on during the sex scenes in Knocked Up, if that counts for anything. Not like I expected her to show anything though. Not a fan of Dr. Evil / Frau Farbisina love scenes either, if the second Austin Powers film counts as "good" (I like it).
  6. That's what actually made me think it was an AWA show before googling "Turkey Day Turmoil Wrestling".
  7. I just realized yesterday (looking at some dates for October programming as expiring on the 6th) that even though there is no new content until late Wednesday next week, it goes back to late Tuesday right after. That's cool. What on Earth is "Turkey Day Turmoil"? Hooray, they're skipping the 4/14/97 MNW (which looked awful) but NOT skipping 4/21 (the Austin / Bret street fight angle). Good call. Edit: My first assumption was TDT was some AWA show... and according to google I was right. AWA Turkey Day Turmoil: Superstar Billy Graham vs. Wilbur Snyder. Hulk Hogan vs. Jesse Ventura. AWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors vs. The High Flyers. AWA World Champion Nick Bockwinkle vs Verne Gagne Battle Royal: Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Nick Bockwinkle, Adrian Adonis, Ken Patera, Baron Von Raschke, Ray Stevens, Jerry Blackwell, Bobby Duncum, Larry Hennig, Bobby Heenan, Sgt. Jacques Goulet, Brad Rheingans, Otto Wanz, Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie, Jim Brunzell, Greg Gagne & Buck Zumhoffe. The 1990 MSG show has a few things that sound interesting; a 20 minute Rockers vs Power and Glory match and Piper vs Mr. Perfect. I'm sure Dusty and Duggan vs. Slaughter and Adnan is awful but it could be fun nostalgia.
  8. That website is pretty cool. I began looking up random BBFC cuts.
  9. Oh I left out my best (I guess) nobody-local indy talent story. "Phil Atlas" brought local young sensation Brad Martin (who ended up leaving the area and going out west) to the hospital when I was working registration in the ER. His head was all bandaged up in gauze. I signed him in and then wondered why he was seeking treatment in over here if the show they ran was in Michigan. Well naturally it was a "pay for medical assistance in the US" or "get checked out for free under OHIP in Ontario" so, according to my above mentioned friend, they had to disguise his bloody injury from customs as best they could to cross back into Canada and get checked out.
  10. Bumping into Petey Williams while taking out the garbage was pretty weird. I think his parents live at the same complex I do and he was going to their unit as I was walking over to the garbage bins. My aunt once had a bunch of WCW wrestlers party it up at a bar in Detroit she works at after one of the Halloween Havocs held there (I think it was 94). I guess it's not really that "strange" but I guess Flair was really cool - she has a picture with him and I have a signed Old Shillelagh business card "To Stephen, *Ric Flair signature*". The Saturday after a Border City Wrestling show I ran into Danny Daniels and Jimmy Jacobs (as well as "Phil Atlas" who I suspect no one has heard of, but he's pretty good) at the local mall. Good Lord they are short; I don't notice it when they are all in the ring with similar sized people and I'm sitting down but standing near them, wow. Now, in fairness, I'm about 6'5" and have nothing against short people. Not a strange place (it was a wrestling show) but a strange reason to meet someone: At a BCW show in 2004 "Smooth Move" Chris Pilon (there's a big name drop...) did a spot where he hit someone with a picture frame. Someone had stepped on it by accident during the match so the glass was shattered. I don't know if he knew this because when he did the spot (using the non-glass side of course) the picture went right up through the broken glass while shards went flying. I got a small (too small to even feel or notice if it didn't break the skin) piece in my leg (front row seat) which caused some blood to run. After the show I told this to my friend who was a student with Scott D'Amore's school - and by proxy a member of the event crew - and he brought Mr. Pilon over. He apologized profusely for the spot getting all messed up and was glad I had a friend involved in the company since I wouldn't sue (said jokingly with a laugh after).
  11. One of the best Raw segments of 2006.
  12. This interview implies he has some unflattering things to say about Stu in the book (though no "animosity" about it, says Bret - just describing how 60s life was with 12 kids).
  13. Bret's on OTR right now, apparently going for the undyed hair look I saw him with in 2005 (as opposed to his dyed hair from the 2005 DVD - well he wore a hat for that - and the 2006 HOF). Edit: Eh, must be the light. He's got the brown dye job going. Apparently he "nixed" Greg Oliver from Slam! being the host while Landsberg is away. That's... odd. Also, I think "That night I left them standing and cheering at the Deutschlandhalle after a terrific match against Papa Shango" is my favourite quote. Come on now.
  14. Daily WO.com update about a Hardy injury: -- Matt Hardy suffered a 7 inch gash that required 35 stitches last night in Kansas City at the TV tapings. He was giving knee brace caught him in the head. He was bleeding buckets and they had to stop the show to change the mat because of all the blood. At this point, his status for Cyber Sunday is uncertain.
  15. ECW main evented it, eh? Odd. though I guess by TV segment standards Undertaker chokeslamming JBL is the main event.
  16. I was actually making a joke I've been looking to make for several, several months now (in response "Fire Pro is back and looks bad as hell!"). Though, I did read somewhere (GameFAQs?) where some people ranted about the "lame 2D graphics" and such.
  17. I have a friend in some guerilla move making contest (they have to write, film, and edit a short film in 48 hours). I think I'm going to give him that fake Batista stuff and say "write this for a dick character". The vacuuming line IS gold.
  18. I don't know, I read somewhere that Fire Pro was looking pretty bad. That discourages me. What on Earth is Kane and Lynch?
  19. lol, I seriously doubt WWE would ever release a book with such a tasteless passage. Even though I just kind of chuckled to myself over what I just wrote, I still can't see WWE releasing that has one of their top stars saying "I know she had cancer, but can't she at least vacuum?".
  20. I see what you were going for there, but how would Drew over Bob be considered an "upgrade"?
  21. Damnit, I love it when they shoot fire people on TV (like Simmons in 2004 and Marc Mero's 1999 retirement after losing to Gillberg, though that was more of an injury issue I think).
  22. When I used to ignore people on IRC it became somewhat confusing when people were responding to something the ignoree said. I don't know of anyone who I want to see 0% of their posts, but it could happen. I hate reading a lot of the people's repetitive comments in the Raw threads but they might say something that was worth my time to read in the 24/7 Discussion thread. Who knows, eh? I probably should just ignore raz though, I'm pretty sure he's always awful. He seems to be MIA right now but this happened earlier in the year too.
  23. ????????? My smartass way of wondering where the Hell the SD! spoilers are.
  24. Approximately one of the nine people I saw this with last night liked it (they didn't hate it, they just called it "ok"), and I'm pretty sure the one just liked it because it starred Josh Hartnett, her reason for wanting to go. I liked it though, especially the above mentioned bird's eye view scene.
  25. I'll watch TNT tonight. Savage and Liz being listed as guests is promising.
×
×
  • Create New...