TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

If you died today, what song....

There's a few that I'd go with.......

"God moving over the face of the waters" by Moby. This is one of the more beautiful instrumentals that I've heard in my time and I think it would create a nice, relaxed environment instead of a bleak mood (which I would not want my funeral to be).

"No woman no cry" by Bob Marley. This is one of my favorite songs of all time and it always makes me smile. I think the "no woman no cry" reference would be there for my mom if anything because I wouldn't want her to be sad.

"Wish you were here" by Pink Floyd. I dunno why I chose this one. I'm ironic like that I guess.

In a black metal gimmick sense this song would be mucho fun.

Emperor - Thorns On My Grave

"I hereby commit my body to the ground

sterilised and wrapped in plastic foil

being an object of this space and time

this body should remain concealed

for it holds every disease

ever exposed

it holds all pain and death

I could ever unleash

beneath deceiving, fragile skin

breathes the ever growing hate within

since the first glimpse of my existence

I have fed this greedy infection

an aimless search for potential persistence

found no escape from the fatal injection of life

for it holds every disease

ever exposed

it holds all pain and death

it could ever unleash

beneath deceiving, fragile skin

breathes the ever growing hate within

I am the father

I am the son

my refugee soul has escaped

this body depraved

of final wishes I ask none

but one

now that I am gone

lay thorns on my grave"

But my funeral will NOT be a somber affair man. I expect that when I die, motherfuckers are going to celebrate and have the biggest party ever. I would expect a lot of triumphant rock songs, bouncy hip hop. Lots of drinking and laughing and shit.

Unless I get hit with some sudden death action, I will most likely be planning my own funeral. It will be epic.

The uppa ROOOOOMMMM.

If I go, I want someone to just bust off in the mutha-fuka and start sanging: Tha Uppa ROOOOMMMM!

Guest Dids

I think I'd have to go with either Gary Jules's "Mad World" or the Jonny Cash version of "Hurt"

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - my friend played this on his acoustic while we were camping a couple weeks ago, and I damn near teared up. It's a fucking beautiful song.

"Peace in the Valley" (Johnny Cash version) - If you've seen Frailty, you'll remember the scene where one of the brothers commits suicide as this song plays in the background...the ending just preaches finality.

"My Way" or "When I Was 17" by Frank Sinatra - Both songs are reflections, and coupled with Sinatra's death, it makes them that much sadder for me, personally. "When I Was 17" would probably be my favorite for the funeral, as it would look back on life as I progressed through it.

"Mad World" by Gary Jules - "I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had..."

Ryan Adams - "Goodnight, Hollywood Boulevard" - The song that closes out Gold, features some touching lyrics, including "Goodnight, Hollywood Boulevard, goodnight...see you soon," which Adams croons over a barely-there piano track paired with some violins...the effect is beautiful.

or I'd do something horribly ironic, like "So Alive" by Ryan Adams.

"Ready to Die" by Andrew WK :)

Seriously though. Maybe something soft like "Catch The Wind" by Donovan or "Perfect Circle" by REM. Something soft, but not deathly related.

EDIT. I'm thinking "Keep Me In Your Heart" by Warren Zevon

Buckley - Eternal Life

Smashing Pumpkins - Mayonaise

Eagles - Already Gone

Neil Young - Long May You Run

some others...I think Ill give this some more thought...

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" - my friend played this on his acoustic while we were camping a couple weeks ago, and I damn near teared up. It's a fucking beautiful song.

Did he do the Axl Rose "Knock knock knockin on heaven's doowhoawah/Hey hey hey hey yeah" version of the song?

"Ooh La La" or "When We Were the New Boys" by Rod Stewart, maybe "Last Impression" by Two Mix if someone would read the translated lyrics.Maybe the song from the end of Princess Mononoke(they did a beautiful English version of it that I'm so glad they didn't have Madonna do)

Did he do the Axl Rose "Knock knock knockin on heaven's doowhoawah/Hey hey hey hey yeah" version of the song?

Nope, he did the original...maybe it was just the way that he sang it, but mixed with the acoustic, it was great. Another guy that was there (you know the guy who gets drunk and acts like an ass all night) started trying to freestyle over the top and everyone else just started bitching him out. One of my all-time favorite songs.

I for one think Eric Clapton's version is the best, and I happen to hate the studio version of GNR's. They did it differently on their late 2002 tour, closer to the original, and much much better.

Of the ones already mentioned here, I'd go with Mad World, Wish You Were Here, or Hurt.

Of the songs not mentioned here, I'd go with the original version of Across The Universe by The Beatles, NOT the Fiona Apple version. (The only way I'd go with her version is if she's sitting on my face in her underwear playing it during the wake, so I can enter the afterlife a happy man)

At my Uncle's funeral, they played "Morning Has Broken"

If you want people busting out tears at your funeral, that's the song to play.

Of course it could've been everyone was already depressed because it was a suicide.

As for myself, something that describes passing, but is celebratory- oh whom I kidding I want "Tiny Dancer" just for the hope that everyone in the church will start singing it like in Almost Famous.

Jaxl, wouldn't you want "Coma"?

Wouldn't anyone want "Coma"?

Guest FrigidSoul

I'd go with Iron Maiden's 'Remember Tommorow'. For those that have never heard it the music is soft and cryptic and well the lyrics would be fucked up to have people hear at a funeral.

Unchain the colours before my eyes,

Yesterday's sorrows, tomorrow's white lies.

Scan the horizon, the clouds take me higher,

I shall return from out of fire.

Tears for rememberance, and tears for joy,

Tears for somebody and this lonely boy.

Out in the madness, the all seeing eye,

Flickers above us, to light up the sky.

Unchain the colours before my eyes,

Yesterday's sorrows, tomorrow's white lies.

Scan the horizon, the clouds take me higher,

I shall return from out of fire.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Knocking On Heaven's Door- Clapton

Rusty Cage- Cash

Rooster- Alice In Chains

while my guitar gently weeps- beatles

man who sold the world- Nirvana

back to school- deftones

Guest Choken One

Either "Don't you forget (about me)" The Life of Agony Version or "Last Goodbye" By Buckley