TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BX

All of the Bossman bullshit

I saw Bossman died. I have to admit, I chuckled when I saw the news. Just reading the reactions of certain posters here made my fucking day. I swear I kept expecting to see the following...

"I'm... it's difficult to find the words... oh my lord."

"I am emotionally numb right now."

"It's going to be hard for me to pick up the pieces of my life, I know. It would help if Vince released a four-hour retrospective DVD on Bossman for $5.95 at FYI."

"Oh my fucking God, this can't be real. The room, it's spinning oh my god, here comes the vomit."

Sincerely, Downhome

Maybe it's my hatred of Smarks speaking, but the "sympathy" pouring from the little fucks in the WWE folder rings competely contrived at best, completely genuine at worst. I say that because if you're actually this torn up about another dead redneck, then it's readily apparent that you don't get out too much.

Maybe it's the fact that I had to go through one of my best friends killing herself a couple of months ago, but I could hardly give a fuck about some redneck dying in his sleep. I might be desensitized to death, but it's not like he fell & broke his neck on PPV.

In closing, stop crying, and take a good look at what you're doing. Maybe you'll start laughing too.

Guest HungryJack

I think the only reaction I came up with was 'hey , that sucks", you know, kinda like if your car had a scratch on it or something.

ANy more than that, unless you knew him or w/e, is a little weirdy.

So, what exactly is wrong with paying some respect to someone who entertained you? Yes, I know some people have gone overboard with their tearful tributes, but a lot of people (like myself) just gave their respect and said what their favourite Bossman moment was. Don't lump us all in together.

"Oh my fucking God, this can't be real. The room, it's spinning oh my god, here comes the vomit."

Sincerely, Downhome

I'm not sure if this would happen, but it's goddamned funny to invision

Yeah, that was my favorite part too. (And I like Downhome.)

Don't lump us all in together.

Where is this?

The original post made it sound like everyone who posted about Bossman was some sort of pathetic limp-dick, which isn't actually true.

But he didn't explicit say that all of them were?

"Maybe it's my hatred of Smarks speaking, but the "sympathy" pouring from the little fucks in the WWE folder rings competely contrived at best"

This implies that he is referring to everyone.

Guest croweater

He's talking about the "little fucks"

If AP thinks that he's the one that's being talked about what does that make him.....

Maybe it's the fact that I had to go through one of my best friends killing herself a couple of months ago

Well probably because she knew you OMGROFLMAO!!!

Actually, I kinda agree with you. I'd be lying if I said I cared about his death. I'm not doing cartwheels or anything over this news; I'm just indifferent.

Now when Paul Harvey kicks the bucket, then I'll show some compassion...

As with any dead rassler, I can see saying something to the effect of, "bummer, I enjoyed his matches." Anything beyond that should be reserved for those who actually knew the man. Anyone who wails and gnashes their teeth over the death of someone they've never known has some issues they should investigate.

I think there should be a medium between just brushing it off and the obligatory "he was the best wrestler ever, now that he's dead" stuff. Hercules's death really didn't hit me too hard. Bossman's death sucked because it was sudden and by all accounts, he was a nice guy, but it wasn't as if I cried or anything. The only wrestling death that got me choked up was Owen Hart, because that really was a tragedy.

"I...I'm emotionally numb right now" is a liiiiittle much.

If Jack Doan died I think Downhome would find some way to be devastated.

"The way he hit the mat and said "2!"... the man was one-of-a-kind".

I don't feel the need to say anything when someone dies, other people do, whatever. I don't need to read what they say either.

I stated in the thread that i was in shock. Cause, I was... I mean, I didn't expect to come online and read "Bossman passes away". Main Event wrestler or simple jobber...whatever... i mean, of all the guys you could have listed that would have died next, Bossman isn't one you'd pick out. So i was in shock.

I don't want to hit the melodrama button, but he was an entertainer. Maybe someone has a connection to Bossman like many had connections to Cobain. I mean, I don't want to piss of CWM (if he's even around anymore), cause even I was like "shit, Kurt's dead" when it happened...but again, that's all the farther I could really take it. I didn't sit around and listen to his music and ponder his life or anything, and same with Bossman. I looked back and said "You know....such and such moments were really cool and it sucks that he's dead." and I think I would do that for anyone that I didn't have a really close personal connection too.

Honestly, of all wrestling deaths...Owen's hit me the hardest. It's not that I knew the guy or ever even met him, but he was one of the first few that got me into wrestling and was a person that I always wanted to see win and get the upperhand on everybody whether he was a heel or a face. That was as far as melodramatic as it gets, although everytime I see clips from Raw Is Owen I tear up a little bit, because i was watching OTE when it happened and when it was announced, and up till that time it was the closest I've ever been to actually witnessing someone's death. It just brings back those memories of being a mark (i was 16 at the time and wasn't online at all in the IWC) and just being completely in shock of such a thing happening and i just didn't know how to take it.

I couldn't just be "meh" toward any death, because I am by nature an emotional person.

Guest subliminal_animal

Thanks for weighing in on this, Amazing Rando. I read this thread before and was wondering why you hadn't responded but now that you have I wonder why I even worried myself at all.

Guest subliminal_animal

Guys I was reading the topic about the hurricanes in General Chat and it wasn't too hot so don't make the same mistake I did.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Sincerely, Downhome

He didn't actually say this, did he?

Sincerely, Downhome

He didn't actually say this, did he?

It's assumed that he said that and a whole lot more, but what he's typed is a lot more low key. Same old "let's post our favourite _____ memories!"

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I actually liked Hennig.

The only wrestling death that left me distraught for longer than 5 minutes was ravishing Rick rude....folowwed by maybe Owen Hart.