TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Droz in WWF

I just watched Beyond the Mat and they showed footage of Droz going to Vince McMahon and they talked about his new character 'Puke'. Droz could puke any time he wanted to. Now I want to know what were the plans with Puke and did he ever puke onto someone or something on TV?

I actually liked Droz and thought he was a decent worker. I liked his angle where he was the third Road Warrior and basically turned heel on Hawk. Too bad he got injured in that match with D-Lo, I think he could've been at least an upper mid-carder eventually.

Didn't he actually throw up on D'lo (or in his bags or something) a week or so before he got paralyzed?

yea, i think it maight even have been the raw the same week as the match with dlo where he got hurt. I think gtv showed it and it set up the droz/dlo match on sd, and we all know what happened then. That really sucks. Droz is still calling in every week on byte this and seems to be in good spirits. Foley mentioned in Foley is Good how droz called for dlo to come over to him as the ambulance loaded him in and told him it wasnt his fault. That takes guts.

Guest news_gimmick

How much do you think this affected D-Lo's career? It seemed to be all downhill pretty much after all this happened. He seemed to be nothing more than a side note and never got a good push or anything.

Guest Fook

Hurting Droz completely killed D-Lo's career. Before, he was the first Eurocontinental champ and was pretty over. Afterwards, he joins up with Tiger Ali Singh and is reduced to begging to be let in the arena.

I think someone on this board talked about how he should come back as a heel manager hellbent on getting revenge on the company that ended his career. You could start it be rehiring Dlo and then have Droz comment on it on Byte This, only to hang up. Then he comes back and manages some OVW team and tears shit up on SmackDown. That was such a great idea, and now that someone said Dlo and Droz get along, wouldnt it be great to sign up Dlo as a face trying to end Droz's evil heel stable? You end the angle with Droz finally forgiving Dlo and the WWE for his injury.

How much do you think this affected D-Lo's career? It seemed to be all downhill pretty much after all this happened. He seemed to be nothing more than a side note and never got a good push or anything.

Here's what D'Lo did after that:

- Lost the European title to The British Bulldog

- Had a brief feud with Bulldog and Venis over the European title. Venis ended up the winner.

- Teamed with the Godfather.

- Turned heel on The Godfather.

- Formed a tag team (Lo Down) with Chad.

- Lo Down got Tiger Ali Singh as their manager.

- He disappeared for most of 2001 and 2002.

- He returned with Teddy Long as his manager.

- After he lost a match, Long was embarrassed and Rodney Mack made his debut by attacking D'Lo and slamming his headin a car door.

And that was the last we saw of D'Lo in the WWE as he was released less than a week later.

Keep in mind this all took place from 1999 to 2003.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'd say D'Lo's career has rebounded pretty well with his job in All Japan.

As far as Droz he puked on Michael Cole's shoe during one of his early appearances with the LOD. He also puked on D'Lo.

I remember D'Lo Brown said he was going to quit wrestling after the Droz incident until he got a personal phone call from Ric Flair encouraging him that it wasn't his fault and that it was just a freak accident that happens sometimes in wrestling.

I have to say, that was really classy of Flair.

Here's what D'Lo did after that:

- Lost the European title to The British Bulldog

- Had a brief feud with Bulldog and Venis over the European title. Venis ended up the winner.

- Teamed with the Godfather.

- Turned heel on The Godfather.

- Formed a tag team (Lo Down) with Chad.

- Lo Down got Tiger Ali Singh as their manager.

- He disappeared for most of 2001 and 2002.

- He returned with Teddy Long as his manager.

- After he lost a match, Long was embarrassed and Rodney Mack made his debut by attacking D'Lo and slamming his headin a car door.

And that was the last we saw of D'Lo in the WWE as he was released less than a week later.

Keep in mind this all took place from 1999 to 2003.

Actually the night he lost to booker, he was fired that night, thats why they taped the Rodney attacking him angle (they first aired it on Heat the next sunday).

as for Droz a manager? it would be in poor taste, and it would be hard to make him a heel sicne hed be in a wheelchair and all.

as for Droz a manager? it would be in poor taste, and it would be hard to make him a heel sicne hed be in a wheelchair and all.

Did you not see the Katie Vick fiasco? How can anything get lower than that? Plus they already have a 'special' wrestler on RAW.

Personally I think it would be a great idea. The WWE seemed to touch on it last year when Angle became the SD General Manager. There's no doubt it could work.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I never really cared much for him. Just too generic in the ring. The hats he wore were the best thing about him.

Even though it's sad how Droz's career ended in WWE(the WWF at the time), I also didn't think he was anything special, as the only notable moves I actually remember him doing were a diving back elbow and his sitout powerbomb finisher (forgot what it was called).

I never gave a fuck about Droz, but it's a sad deal no doubt.

I hope WWE is still paying the man, or he's getting by somehow.

Too bad for D'lo too, he could have been main event some day. Or at least a high mid card such as jericho. He was pretty f'n over for awhile thanks to our hero JJ putting him over for the IC title.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

How the hell is putting a paralyzed man on the full WWE travel schedule a good idea?

I hope WWE is still paying the man, or he's getting by somehow.

Oh, they are. He gets paid basically to call into the Byte This online talk show, and writes a column for WWE.com and the WWE magazines I believe. They wouldn't be stupid enough to stop his paychecks from coming and bring on a lawsuit. I'd say Droz has a job with them for life...

Anyone know how badly he's still injured and / or what progress he's made? I forget if the injury left him as a quadra or paraplegic. But occasionally, even with severe spinal injuries, the victims do regain some mobility in their limbs. What progress has he made in that regard?

if he was a quadraplegic he wouldn't be able to type up any columns would he?

if he was a quadraplegic he wouldn't be able to type up any columns would he?

Yes, he would. People who have lost all feeling below their neck can still type, using a special helmet-like device that has an attatchment to it that allows them to press the keys on a keyboard. It's cumbersome, but it can be done, and is done all the time.

I think he can use his arms hands and fingers, Mick foley said in his book that he had lost the feeling below his waist.

anyhow droz is on byte this by phone each week and he always sounds like he is having fun. Glad to see that he still has something to do with his life that he can enjoy.

Well the man has a wife, maybe she types everything up for him.

I know when DLo would come into WrestleChat back in the day, people used to give him hell (on purpose) for the Droz incident.

"D'Lo, why did you have to go and end my favorite wrestler's career?"

They would do it just to see what he said.

On an unrelated note a chatter got Test suspended for 60 minutes for dropping the f-bomb.

I liked Droz's look when he joined LOD. The whole LOD ring outfit looked natural on him, and he had a pretty decent sitout powerbomb. Its a shame to see a guy get cut down like that before his career has time to take off.