TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Epic Reine

Things in life that annoy you.

I hate it when I go into a store and I'm just looking around and they say "Can I help you?" and I say "Just looking" then they watch me for the rest of the time I'm there. I mean I hate being asked the first time but I know it's their job.

Then they hang around where I'm looking at and if they notice me looking at a product for a paticuarly long time they start talking about it and asking me questions. I usually shoot a go to hell look and put it down.

The other day I was in Hallmark trying to get my dad a b-day card and I'm sitting there looking at the cards and this girl who works there walks right in front of where I'm looking and says "Can I help you find anything?" and I said "Yeah you're standing in front of it." and then she gives me this look like a hurt dog and slinks away.

You should apologize by buying a card from the store and giving it to her.

I hate it when I go into a store and I'm just looking around and they say "Can I help you?" and I say "Just looking" then they watch me for the rest of the time I'm there. I mean I hate being asked the first time but I know it's their job.

Then they hang around where I'm looking at and if they notice me looking at a product for a paticuarly long time they start talking about it and asking me questions. I usually shoot a go to hell look and put it down.

The other day I was in Hallmark trying to get my dad a b-day card and I'm sitting there looking at the cards and this girl who works there walks right in front of where I'm looking and says "Can I help you find anything?" and I said "Yeah you're standing in front of it." and then she gives me this look like a hurt dog and slinks away.

And the circle of life is complete.

Ripper I'd like to know the end to your story.

I hate diarrhea.....and herpes.

Oh...shit...Forgot to finish the story.

Well, basically the guy is making a scene, his half naked girl (who is all of 5'1" and 105lbs) was "holding him back" as he is shouting at me, and I, like I always do, just do my "You got to be fucking kidding me" smile. I then point out that all those dudes over there had something to say about your girl and you didn't say a word, I didn't say a word to you or her and now you want to fight. This prompted 6'6" 300lb guy to say "I am thinking everything you said to him you saying to me in your head. Did you just call me a bitch?" which made all his friends laugh, cause you know...that was kinda funny. Dude says he don't have no problems with them, its just that muthafucka(points at me and "struggles" to get past his tiny, yet really hot girlfriend). He basically says fuck this and I had better not let him see me anywhere else and leaves. His girl kinda stands there as he rushes out, she apologizes to me, football players try to get her to stay, she smiles and says she can't and goes trotting out behind bitch boy, who left his ID(which you leave to reserve a table) behind the bar and his tab open, so we all had drinks on him and reminisced on how his girlfriends top pushed her boobs up to her throat.

Edited by Ripper

Rippers story makes me angry about the world in general. I mean seriously the guy decides he has to look like a big tough guy by going and picking on the guy that isn't saying anything about the girl and isn't 300 pounds?

Ripper was he one of those like 5'8" 150 pound guys that's all scrawny but has a little muscle and he walks around in a wife beater with his arms out like he's buff as hell?

I also hate girls that end up with guys like that. And guys that are complete assholes just because......well I dunno why.

150 pounds at 5'8" is far from scrawny. I was 175 pounds at that height and I was told by the doctor that I was 35 pounds overweight. It wasn't muscle, either, I had a big gut and such.

Not a big deal, nor is it truly relevant, but I felt the need to mention that.

Rippers story makes me angry about the world in general. I mean seriously the guy decides he has to look like a big tough guy by going and picking on the guy that isn't saying anything about the girl and isn't 300 pounds?

Ripper was he one of those like 5'8" 150 pound guys that's all scrawny but has a little muscle and he walks around in a wife beater with his arms out like he's buff as hell?

I also hate girls that end up with guys like that. And guys that are complete assholes just because......well I dunno why.

Ok 5'8" and 120 pounds. You know the type I'm talking about.

Yeah you with a tough guy attitude and a wife beater walking around with your arms like out to your side like your muscles are just so big you can't put them down and a pissed at the world look on your face.

I mean what is with those guys? And why are big guys so jolly? You never see a big guy go into a bar and pick a fight like that. If you do it's very rare.

150 pounds at 5'8" is far from scrawny.  I was 175 pounds at that height and I was told by the doctor that I was 35 pounds overweight.  It wasn't muscle, either, I had a big gut and such. 

Um, I'm about that, and I'm a thin girl. I'm pretty well all muscle, but yeah, I'd consider 5'8 150lbs borderline scrawny. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking most guys are bigger than I.

How about people who ask you if they can borrow something, have a piece of gum, etc and then follow it up with yeah

like for ex: "Can I have some gum, yeah?"

Old people. They're just so fucking rude. I stopped to let an old lady go in front of me in the shop today and she just looked straight through me won't be doing that again. I'll fucking leap frog over the bitch next time.

Oh and i just noticed something else annoys me. The over-type thing on keyboards. I don't know where it is but i always switch it on by accident.

I also have to second the emo kids thing. The attitude, the way they dress and their goddamn myspace profiles are just so shit. In this country people have a big thing against chavs but emo kids are about a billion times more irritating imo. Aargh just thinking about it winds me up.

150 pounds at 5'8" is far from scrawny.  I was 175 pounds at that height and I was told by the doctor that I was 35 pounds overweight.  It wasn't muscle, either, I had a big gut and such. 

Um, I'm about that, and I'm a thin girl. I'm pretty well all muscle, but yeah, I'd consider 5'8 150lbs borderline scrawny. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm thinking most guys are bigger than I.

Yeah that doctor is full of shit. I'm 5'9 and I weigh 220. My doctor said that I am about 30 pounds overweight. I do have a thick build, broad shoulders and all that, so I am going to weigh more than someone with a more slight one. But an adult male 5'8 weighing 140 lbs is skinny as fuck. I weighed that when I was 16.

Back on topic, bad drivers in general irritate the piss outta me. If you are not speeding on the highway, get the fuck to the right. Also, watch your rearview mirror and if someone is coming up behind you FAST (compared to your speed) while you pass a semi, SPEED UP UNTIL YOU PASS THE TRUCK. Fucking idiots.

How about slowing down on the highway, lest you want to be smeared all over the asphalt and create ANOTHER traffic jam while onlookers watch them scrape you off the road. How about fast drivers that get in the right lane while I'm going 75 (already five over the limit) and ride my ass, honk and flash their lights at me should be run off the road.

And passing a semi isn't the safest thing in the world to do, since I watched a semi lose control and almost take out a minivan 35 feet ahead of me.

So in turn, slow the fuck down.

Old people. They're just so fucking rude. I stopped to let an old lady go in front of me in the shop today and she just looked straight through me won't be doing that again. I'll fucking leap frog over the bitch next time.

I so agree with old people as a response ... I was at the pharmacy not too long ago and I was in line to pay for my stuff. There were a few of us waiting, so we all stood a little ways back, so as to not crowd the person that was already paying. Some old woman came and stood right behind the person, as if she was going to be first in line, and not have to wait like the rest of us.

I tried to politely give her the heads up, but she just kept on ignoring me, and then turned around and kind of snapped at me in some elderly gibberish. The woman behind me in line (who was not young but nowhere near as old as the geriatric) finally barked, "there's a line, lady, and you're waiting in it!". I've never wanted to pay for a strangers purchases more than that woman that yelled at the old bag.

/tangent over

- People trying to talk on their cell phones in loud places (ex: a nightclub)

- Women who take offense to compliments especially when they're wearing revealing attire.

Public displays of high school drama.

I was at the arcade tonight when about 10 or so teenage punks get into a shouting match about some girl having sex with some guy. My problem with it is that they just had to congregate right where I was playing. The argument basically breaks down into a volley of the phrases "Fuck you" and "What? WHAT?" within seconds. After several minutes of doing nothing, I finally blurt out "Could you please take the teenage drama outside?"

The comeback from one guy is "We're in middle school." At that point I'm momentarily speechless, trying to figure out what in the world that response was supposed to accomplish, before nonchalantly directing the attention of security toward them, having them booted off the premises, and getting back to my gaming experience without the distraction.

It's moments like that where you just wish the world could turn a blind eye so you can smack the taste out of a young punk's mouth.

Guest Vitamin X
- People trying to talk on their cell phones in loud places (ex: a nightclub)

- Women who take offense to compliments especially when they're wearing revealing attire.

"You may not be a slut, but you do seem to be wearing a slut's uniform.."

Guest DonVito

People that talk loud for no reason at all.

The other day I was in my store just working at the computer and there was maybe about 3 customers in the middle of the store. A man comes in the store and decides that it is necessary to shout as if he were at a football game. "Where's your travel section!" "I'm going to St. Louis!" "I need some help!"

He was glared at, told that we use indoor voices in here, and promptly got some overly terrible customer service. He was probably in his 50s. So the old factor probably played a role, but unless he had been running a shop vac next to his head for 5 days he had no reason to be talking that loud.

Guest *KNK*
Public displays of high school drama.

I was at the arcade tonight when about 10 or so teenage punks get into a shouting match about some girl having sex with some guy. My problem with it is that they just had to congregate right where I was playing. The argument basically breaks down into a volley of the phrases "Fuck you" and "What? WHAT?" within seconds. After several minutes of doing nothing, I finally blurt out "Could you please take the teenage drama outside?"

The comeback from one guy is "We're in middle school." At that point I'm momentarily speechless, trying to figure out what in the world that response was supposed to accomplish, before nonchalantly directing the attention of security toward them, having them booted off the premises, and getting back to my gaming experience without the distraction.

It's moments like that where you just wish the world could turn a blind eye so you can smack the taste out of a young punk's mouth.

Why are you at a arcade?

Edited by *KNK*

'Cause that's where the bitches be.

My work is open 365 so we get people calling a lot on holidays to see if we're open. If we are answering the phone then of course we're open. Last time somebody did that I said " Nah, we're sitting around in our uniforms just hangin' out" and it took them way too long before they realized I was kidding.

Why are you at a arcade?

Gaming is my choice of vice since I refused to continue the tradition of smokes and booze among the males in my family.

Sadly, when you work at retail you're basically taught to hassle the customer like that. I know at Circuit City we're taught that if the customer's still in your department at a few minutes to at least check on them and make sure they don't have questions.

True story from working at Circuit City like two weeks ago. This lady came in looking casually at DVDs, and she had a small child in the seat of her cart (maybe three years old). I say "Hey, how are you doing" and let her be, because I'm of the mindset that if the customer has questions, they'll ask.

About 15 minutes later, this lady is in essentially the same spot, so I ask her if she's finding everything alright. Her response is a rude "No. When I do, I'll let you know." Um...if you're not finding everything alright, why the fuck would you wait until you do to tell me about it? I kinda chuckled figuring she misunderstood the question and told my manager, who got a chuckle at it.

Ten minutes later, this bitch is still in the same spot and another one of my co-workers heard her kid crying. Basically, the kid's been sitting in the cart for 25 minutes and is getting fucking bored. My co-worker walks over and goes, "Oh what a cute baby", and the lady's response is "GOOD!" Very loudly, very rudely. What the fuck?

About this point, a customer asks for help in phones and I deal with that. I get done ringing that customer out, and my manager goes "The lady that misunderstood your question. Heavy set, white shirt, young child?" Yeah, why? Well, apparently she threw a hissy fit that I was stalking her, and when I finally left her alone, my co-worker began stalking her. OK, whatever. Had she just said "just looking" I would have left her be, but instead she stood in virtually the same spot for almost half an hour looking as confused as George W. Bush trying to figure out how to pronounce "holocaust".

Oh, but it gets better. After telling my manager she'll never shop at Circuit City again, she decides to buy whatever DVD it took her half an hour to pick up anyway. So Rachel rings her out, says hi to her, and the lady starts yelling at her to stop staring at her before telling Rachel to kiss her ass because "you're a lowly cashier while I'm going to college to better myself." Never mind that Rachel's working as a cashier to make money for college.

Basically, my manager got bitched out because we were doing our job, and I got lectured because of it. So I'd say my pet peeve is getting bitched at for doing my job.

Guest bigm350

Yeah that doctor is full of shit. I'm 5'9 and I weigh 220. My doctor said that I am about 30 pounds overweight. I do have a thick build, broad shoulders and all that, so I am going to weigh more than someone with a more slight one. But an adult male 5'8 weighing 140 lbs is skinny as fuck. I weighed that when I was 16.

Back on topic, bad drivers in general irritate the piss outta me. If you are not speeding on the highway, get the fuck to the right. Also, watch your rearview mirror and if someone is coming up behind you FAST (compared to your speed) while you pass a semi, SPEED UP UNTIL YOU PASS THE TRUCK. Fucking idiots.

I agree. 5'8", and 150 lbs is a twig. I'm 5'8" and around 210-215 lbs. I have a small gut, but I go to the gym 3 times a week and always lift heavy weights. My doctor said awhile ago that I could stand to lose a few pounds, but he told me it wasn't really important if I did or not. It depends on your body type.

I'd much rather be where I'm at on the weight scale now, than to be 150 lbs, which I was about 3-4 years ago.

You know I had to go the the doctor yesterday for a quick recheck (basically to have a prescription refilled ) and I was literally there for three hours. It was annoying to me, considering it would literally take no more than 5 mins for me to get in and out. Once I finally got into a room, the guy nurse checked my blood pressure , pulse, temperature(wtf?) and weighed me (and I found I have lost about 40 pounds since my last vist in late Sept. and I now weigh in at a slim, trim, buff, jAKKKKED 207 lbs-down from a high of near 260 2 years ago).

Then I waited for like near an hour for the doc to come in. and when he did he looked at the paper, asked how I was doing and went to write the prescription. Took him all of 3 minutes.

Man do I love the US healthcare industry.

And I feel different about store employess since my sister has been working in some. Now I try to be nicer to workers (not that I was ever rude, but I used to get annoyed). Funny thing is, when I don't need any help, all the workers surround me and ask if I need help, but the moment I do need help, they are nowhere to be seen, weird.

I hate my job. I hate the coworkersthat I claim are my friends and they are not. I hate the way it smells here. I hate how dirty it is. I hate my boss the most. I hate how she gives everyone else compliments and gifts and not me. I hate the way she makes me feel like I am in Kindergarten. I hate the way that all of the people that she treats well comment on the fact that she treats me like shit but still kiss her ass. I hate the fact that I do not have money even though I slave for this hell hole. My boss really hurts my feelings and makes me feel worthless but I will never admit it anywhere but here. I hate the private school that my son went to. I hope they all die. I hate people that make me and my family look bad. I hate people that think I look mean and then treat me like shit even though I am a nice person. I hate the fact that my dad did not pay for a fucking dime for my wedding but took advantage of the open bar. I hate people that are pregnant because I am jealous. I hate my mother in law. I hate George Bush. I love ranting on the things that I hate. I hate the fact that my husband brought all of his debt into our marriage. I hate pap smears. I think "civil unions" are gay (no pun intended. I think Karamo on the real world is the finest thing i have ever seen (but he's gay)I think people that "try to have children" don't deserve any. And for the record, I will never be these people that work here, I will never be as organized, as creative, as responsive, or as perfect. But I am a person nonetheless. So fuck you and your non-profit bullshit. Eat a dick.