TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

The Greatest Cancelled TV Shows of this decade

I have to admit something: I never really liked "Firefly". Sorry, just didn't get into it.

Same here. In fact, the only Whedon stuff I've liked is his Astonishing X-Men run. That being said, a lot of people seemed to get into Firefly, so all power to 'em.

My only laments (so far):

Titus

Dark Angel

Karen Sisco

Keen Eddie

Playmakers

Fuck, I forgot about Clone High. Was it ever released on DVD?

It either came out last week or is coming out this week via Canadian distributors. Amazon.ca has it up for order. I need to copit.

Agreed on Do Over and Clerks:TAS. I'll drop That Was Then, which got a whopping two episodes in a death slot on ABC (Fridays at 9) and no chance for revival.

1. Freaks and Geeks

2. Sports Night

3. Undeclared

4. Firefly

5. Lucky (what? I liked that show.)

If and when Arrested Development gets cancelled, it beats all of those combined.

I have two:

Both these shows were something different from the standard sitcom formula -- quick, intelligent dialogue, interesting, three-dimensional characters that you wanted to watch every week, and good storylines.  So, of course, both were cancelled after two seasons.

Sports night was awesome.

Guest Fishyswa

Is Grounded For Life still on the WB? It was basically cancelled for me when it moved but if it's gone completely there's a show that could of went on for a while.

Titus of course, heard something about him having another show on NBC but that was about 2 years ago so I have no idea.

3south was great, Brian Pohesen(sp) is great, but he's lost not filling a role on a sticom like he did on Just Shoot Me. Stand Up doesn't seem to suit him well.

Not to mention if, even in spite of good ratings and fan response, the powers-that-be either pinball the show's timeslot, or just yank it entirely

I don't think that counts. This thread would be more for shows that didn't get an chance to build an audience despite an slowly growing viewership.

Not a "Shows that got the shafted" thread like Star Trek: TOS.

Greg the bunny isn't dead though. IFC has already started airing new episodes on Friday nights I think. It's actually pretty damn good.

Star Trek Enterprise getting cancelled sucks. True, it had 4 seasons, but it should have been 7 like all the rest. I didn't even start really getting into it until the fourth season started, so naturally, that's when they decide to cancel it. Still, the fact that they cleverly left open a chance to restart the series at any time (the series finale jumped ahead to six years later) makes it a little more interesting, though I doubt there are any plans to continue it anytime soon.

Also, I don't think Megas XLR and Samurai Jack got CANCELLED... they just got yanked to make room for the new shows CN seems to be getting in on a daily basis these days. Give it some time, I'm sure we'll be seeing new episodes of Jack and Megas eventually.