TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

24: Season 5

They sure got him to that boat pretty fast.

I'm sure that boat scene took place some hours/days/months after Jack was taken. As others have said, next season will probably start some months after that day concluded.

Here's my rankings:

Season 1

Season 5

(Yeah, I need to catch up quick)

To me, Season 5 was awesome, and was more like 24: On Meth, with the way so much ridiculous shit happened in a day and if you sat down and thought about it, it's totally proposterous. But... I don't really care about that. I'd say this was my favourite season, but that's kind of unfair because it was the first season I watched along with everyone else, and I have yet to get through season 4. I really enjoyed Season 3, then Season 1, and maybe Season 2. I dunno, I really don't like those Kim Bauer deals and both her and Teri annoyed me to no end.

Man, that was one of the wussiest wrap-ups I've ever seen (until the Chinese saved it).

The entire Finale, up to Jack holding Logan at gunpoint, was gold... Then we get the biggest wimpout cliche in the universe, the ole "hidden microphone we heard everything you said lolz"? How lame is that?

Would've been ten times better if Logan had gotten away with it AND Bauer had been nabbed by the Chinese. Hell, have Logan turn Jack OVER to the Chinese.

Overall I'd say this Season is probably the second best (I'd need to rewatch 3 to be certain), but that was a really dull ending.

Would've been ten times better if Logan had gotten away with it AND Bauer had been nabbed by the Chinese. Hell, have Logan turn Jack OVER to the Chinese.

It's entirely possible that Logan or his Bluetooth goons DID tip off the Chinese. I mean, SOMEBODY had to, right? Would make for a hell of a midseason twist next year, if nothing else.

I was so sold on the idea that Audrey was gonna walk in and find Jack and they'd shoot her there with him unable to save her as an insult to injury, since theyll pretty much have to write her out of the show like they did Palmer, or maybe at least they wised up and decided killing was a bad idea.

I can't see them doing it, but..Jack Bauer in Chinese Prison Break..er..24 Season 6.

And it wont be the next day because the frickin boat ride will take about a week to get from California to China.

Logan did say Jack would be taken care of. Its entirely possible that he was the one behind the Chinese being there.

Logan did say Jack would be taken care of. Its entirely possible that he was the one behind the Chinese being there.

I was sort of hoping for CARBOMB finale sorta like the finale of season 3 where Jack gets in his car, starts to cry, but this time he actually turns the key..BOOM...7:00

I think the ending of season 3 is what pushed it to the top of the list for me. That, Ryan Chapples death(almost made me cry dammit) and the hotel scenes (Michelle really stole a whole chunk of that season from the other stars...she was the shit).

No big suprise, no shocking death....just a man who had been through a WHOLE lot of shit in the last 24 hours finally breaking down.

You knew there was trouble when the agent told Jack that Kim was on a land line. Every phone call Jack gets is by portable/cell phone.

But it could be that Kim is behind it all!!!!

Really good finale tonight, some excellent moments..and we still don't know what happened to Wayne

I was sort of hoping for CARBOMB finale sorta like the finale of season 3 where Jack gets in his car, starts to cry, but this time he actually turns the key..BOOM...7:00

While it'd be kinda cliche, it'd make for a "nice" near-bookend to the day...

Guest Fook

You know what? Curtis just got screwed around this season. Basically this year he was:

Jack's lackey (many action sequences)

Forced to wait outside for Jack to do things (airport, mall)

The CTU Taxi (picking up Jack twice and Audrey once)

Missing for episodes at a time (nerve gas in CTU, basically the entire second half of the season)

Shot in the arm and was completely written out of the season finale.

Really, the only big thing he did was save the hospital.

My season rankings:

1 - Despite Teri's amnesia and Kim's stupidity, still a great season. The finale remains one of the greatest moments in the show's history.

5 - Believability was stretched a little and the body count was a little too high, but otherwise a great season with very little in the way of bad side stories.

3 - Palmer's storylines really dragged this season down. Otherwise it would be higher.

4 - Lots of action, but everything felt very convoluted. Marwan wasn't a bad villian, but he lacked the personal connection to Jack that made villians like the Drazens, Saunders, and Henderson a lot better to watch.

2 - Before the nuke: A. After the nuke: F. Averages out to a C.

The thing with 24 is that it takes HOW many hours to fly from China to the US? So either they keep it in China and move the CTU folks over to China, have it somewhere in the Western Hemisphere, or start off the season with Jack being saved.

Mini spoiler regarding Season 6...

Executive producer Howard Gordon revealed that Jack escapes from the Chinese cargo ship before Season 6 begins. There is also a possibility that this is shown during the Season 6 prequel on the Season 5 DVD.

Executive producer Howard Gordon revealed that Jack escapes from the Chinese cargo ship before Season 6 begins. There is also a possibility that this is shown during the Season 6 prequel on the Season 5 DVD.

What!? OH HELL NO thats fuckin bullshit.

not another cliffhanger that gets resolved off-screen

what was the last cliffhanger solved offscreen? plus, it might be on the season 5 dvd, which wouldn't be the first time that exclusive content was on the dvd sets...

what was the last cliffhanger solved offscreen?

End of Season 2-- the Palmer storyline was hardly touched in Season 3. Granted, there was the video game, but...

what was the last cliffhanger solved offscreen?

End of Season 2-- the Palmer storyline was hardly touched in Season 3. Granted, there was the video game, but...

However it played a small role near the end of Season 4 with the chick who gave him the virus

For those of you unfortunate to miss the whole season, FOX is being nice and replaying the entire 5th season 2 eps at a time on Fridays for the summer.

Or you could just wait til november or so and buy the DVD.

Or you could do both.