TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Bret Hart To Be Inducted In 2006 HOF

I'd like to believe it's true...but I can see WWE just using it to advance the HBK/Vince storyline. Plus the HOF is on April 1st...

I just noticed this.

Dammit!

Yeah, I'll wait till Bret says it. I don't trust the WWE and everytime they have asked him, he has said, "no, not yet" to them.

My other question is, if this is true then does Bret get the Hogan treatment of his speech being live?

I really don't think WWE would promise a Bret Hart induction and then not deliver since it's April Fools Day.

So... who inducts him? Benoit, Austin, or Vince? It is in Chicago, so it could be Austin if they want to play up on WM 13, and if Austin will even be there. Yeah, it's early to predict, but I'd guess Vince.

I really don't think WWE would promise a Bret Hart induction and then not deliver since it's April Fools Day.

So... who inducts him? Benoit, Austin, or Vince? It is in Chicago, so it could be Austin if they want to play up on WM 13, and if Austin will even be there. Yeah, it's early to predict, but I'd guess Vince.

Jim Neidhart. If Austin can't do it, track down Jim. Fuck that "Vince should do it" shit. Vince is the last person who should do it.

Guest Fook

Right when Bret's about to be inducted, Vince'll run onstage and yell for the presenter to induct Shawn Michaels instead, effectively screwing Bret again just to show he can.

Jim Neidhart. If Austin can't do it, track down Jim. Fuck that "Vince should do it" shit. Vince is the last person who should do it.

There was "Vince should do it" shit? I don't think anyone actually thinks Vince should do it, but it's not out of the question. I'd prefer Austin.

Let's say it does...does this impact your opinion of Bret? I can't decide if this is selling out or not.

I don't think he sold out. Whenever he even talks about Montreal anymore, he says that he still stands by what he did before and after. He also says that he's over it and wants to move on. I'd say he's participating more for his fans than anything.

Meltzer said on the LAW Sunday that Bret was softening his stance against the Hall of Fame and was seriously considering accepting it, so this looks totally legit.

Right when Bret's about to be inducted, Vince'll run onstage and yell for the presenter to induct Shawn Michaels instead, effectively screwing Bret again just to show he can.

This was the funniest thing I've read all day. Good show.

I'll go ahead and say I don't like this.

Why? Because I have significantly LESS than zero faith in the WWE to not try and turn this into some sort of stupid angle, or otherwise fuck it up in a million different ways.

In a perfect world, he'd be inducted, and at Mania, he'd come out, just by himself, and give his little speech about how he appreciates the fans and is saying goodbye. And then walks back into the dressing room.

But I don't trust them. They will find SOME way to piss on this. The temptation is too great.

Maybe sometime between now and the HOF ceremony someone can "become" Owen Hart, much like Rey Mysterio has "become" Eddie Guerrero, and they can have "Owen" induct Bret?

PWInsider is reporting that WWE is not paying Bret anything (he's not taking any money for it), and he wants to just do it to finally say goodbye. The only that WWE is doing is paying for his trip out there, and that's it.

They are also saying that TNA has really been pushing to get Bret to come in there. When JJ found out Bret might go into the WWE HOF, he set up meetings with him. Something hapened in JJ's family, that kept JJ from being able to get to the meeting, and because of that they were not able to make the counter offer to get Bret to show up in TNA instead of this WWE HOF deal.

Guest NitroJMS

So did tickets go on sale yet for the Hall of Fame ceremony? I'm going to Mania and wouldn't mind going to this now that Bret's going in.

Oh man, please let this happen. If this idea came into Vince's head, I bet he would do it.