TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haws bah gawd

Angle Injured by Mark Fucking Henry

Credit Lords of Pain

Due to a cracked rib that he suffered at the hands of Mark Henry, it was announced on WWE.com that Kurt Angle will be out of action for an undetermined amount of time. The injury, which originally occured at a Smackdown house show in New Castle was made worse when Henry splashed Angle through the announcement table on SD after his hard fought match against Rey Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship.

As a result of Angle being out of action, Kurt must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament that he won by defeating "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton. As a result, Booker T will now advance straight into the finals.

Here is the official release about Angle's injury straight from the WWE:

Wrestling Machine dismantled

April 29, 2006

Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. “At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,” Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

Credit: WWE.com

Again I say, fuck Mark Henry. He injures Batista to the point he has to forfeit the world title, now he's injured Angle and taken him out of the KotR tourney, and out of WWE for who knows how long. At least now maybe Angle can heal some of his nagging injuries.

I'm not sure if this is legit or if Angle has been banged up for a while and they are using that as an excuse to grab him off TV.

"Kurt Angle did work the Smackdown house show in Germany yesterday and is scheduled for today. He didn't appear to be in good shape, and as injured as he's been in the past, once the bell rings, you never see that. The "X" called after Mark Henry splashed him from what we gather was a work, and not that Henry injured him but simply the accumulation of everything." - Meltz

That's from MONDAY. Why are people acting like Angle being injured or taking time off is new?

This thread needs to be closed since it is feeding the kayfabe monster. And kayfabe monsters are never good on websites with "Smart Marks" in its name.

This is just an excuse to take him off TV to rest up and get Booker T into the final round of KOTR without jobbing out Angle.

How in the world can you blame Mark Henry for this in any way? It isn't like it was his idea to splash Angle through the table. If anything, to me it looked like he was trying his best to protect Angle when he did the spot.

If Angle really got hurt by the spot, or something was made worse by it, then blame those whose idea it was. If they knew Angle was already hurt then they should have known that it wasn't the smartest thing to do. If they didn't know he was hurt, but Angle did, then he should have let them know.

I think Mark Henry is shit, but come on now.

Besides, I'm sure that the table spot is just an excuse to get Angle off of TV anyway.

I don't doubt Angle's injured, and I hate Mark Henry, but I think this is a work. Angle needs some time off. This is a convenient way to do it. Angle gets time off, Henry looks like a monster, and Booker gets the cheap way into the KOTR Finals (very fitting of his current character). Everything works in WWE-land.

I still want Henry to be fired though.

He can't be. Remember that ironclad 10-year contract he's got? They've been trying to make him quit forever, but he's stuck with it.

He can't be. Remember that ironclad 10-year contract he's got? They've been trying to make him quit forever, but he's stuck with it.

It ends in a couple of months so it's not a big deal...

However, I think the E is gonna keep him as, after all these years, Henry is finally a monster heel and a "top guy" on Smackdown.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

He's only a "top guy" because he's injured eveyone else.

In comparison to Smackdown, imagine if in a 6-month period on Raw:

Shelton quit and went to TNA.

RVD died.

Cena went out with injury.

Triple H went out with injury.

Edge was indefinately suspended.

The main event of Backlash is Ric Flair (defending) Vs. Kane.

That's a close of comparison to Smackdown!'s troubles as I can get. It's absolutely amazing that they can still run shows with Taker never around, and their top 4 main eventers (Angle, Orton, Batista, and Eddie) all injured, deceased, or suspended.

Now we'll get a lovely 4-month program with JBL and Rey.

No matter what happens, Angle will still probably try to demand to wrestle. Come on, didn't this guy still wrestle while he had a neck injury. I think he's awesome, but the guy is destroying his body.

Nah, this JBL/Rey crap won't last too awful long. Know why? Rey is also hurt. Word is he'll lose to JBL, who will then get his ass kicked by RVD at One Night Stand.

I'm telling you guys, just make SD into ECW. The show is on its last legs.

So I guess this will end Henry's tenure with the WWE.

Why would it?

I must have misread that. I swear I thought it read Henry injured by Kurt Angle.

Damn.

Angle was screaming after the match when the medics came to get him and Henry looked a bit concerned. When the same (except for Henry) happened to Orton it was legit. I believe this is legit too.

The following is from Dave Meltzer's Saturday update:

Regarding Kurt Angle. Angle will be out of action for a few weeks. This was planned after the European tour due to his chronic neck problems. WWE.com under Michael Cole is undergoing a new direction to be more storyline oriented. They reported Angle suffered broken ribs from Mark Henry, which, is, of course, the TV angle. However, they didn't claim it was from the TV angle, which is really strange. Angle does have a rib injury in addition to his other injuries, but the time off to heal has nothing to do with that specific injury.

See? Kurt Angle was not injured by Mark Henry. Thread = clizosed.

This thread needs to be closed since it is feeding the kayfabe monster. And kayfabe monsters are never good on websites with "Smart Marks" in its name.

Don't blame me I voted for "Vanilla Midgets".

The following is from Dave Meltzer's Saturday update:

WWE.com under Michael Cole is undergoing a new direction to be more storyline oriented.

Cole fucks up everything. I liked the shoots and spoilers on WWE.com

I can't believe you people even THOUGHT this was legit, especially after the awkward splash by Henry on Smackdown - which, I should add, didn't even hit Angle correctly - Angle immediately went "OW! MY RIB!!!" I literally rolled my eyes at Kurt's selling there.

But this is Mark Henry we're dealing with, so I suppose I can understand why you're so quick to judge.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

I thought it was legit 'cause they said he was injured at a house show. Making the WWE website totally kayfabe is stupid, how the hell are we supposed to trust anything now?