TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JJMc

Gas Price Check...

Guest Smues

$2.89 pretty much everywhere, but oddly enough $2.69 at 3 or 4 gas stations in this one area. My guess is one decided to go low and the others nearby had to match or get no business.

Between 2.85 and 2.95 here with 2.95 being in my stupid ass town. But they have always been money seeking bastards so I'm not shocked. Of course, BP leads the way with 3.10 and people are buying it even with a cheaper station across the street. I swear I don't know what the draw of BP is but the folks in the really nice cars love it.

$3.24 is the cheapest and can only be found at AM/PM however everywhere else equals an automatic jump up to $3.44........

$2.72

and my Yaris can go 380 miles on 10 gallons easily. I could push it to 400 but I dont like the fuel gauge that has bars instead of the spedometer like one that my old car had..cant really tell how far I have left on that last bar but it seems to be about 1 gallon give or take which is around 35+ miles. Ive gotten gas 3 times in 2 months plus the gas the car came with.

Yes, I do enjoy having a light car when the summer comes and the prices jump.

Gas meters aren't reliable anyways, and it's bad for your car to run on fumes :(

Just keep it above a quarter tank and you'll be ok.

$2.72

and my Yaris can go 380 miles on 10 gallons easily. I could push it to 400 but I dont like the fuel gauge that has bars instead of the spedometer like one that my old car had..cant really tell how far I have left on that last bar but it seems to be about 1 gallon give or take which is around 35+ miles. Ive gotten gas 3 times in 2 months plus the gas the car came with.

You could simply divide your tank size by the number of bars, and figure out the mileage you're getting when traveling to your most common destinations. If I get a couple of weeks with a car I can figure out almost exactly how many trips I can get out of it.

I was listening to a show on the radio the other day that talked about how gas expanded when it was hot and compacted when it was cold, so in the summer when you are pumping gas you are actually getting less then a gallons, however for places that are cold more of the year the oil companies have installed special meters and sensors so that the tanks can make sure the consumer is not getting any little drop extra because of the cold weather....lol.

Sounds spot-on, actually. I mean, the pump doesn't have to slow down for the last $.25. With more precise instruments comes greater precision to cut the fat. I've heard old people say crap like "hold the hose up, that's how you get all the gas!" Temperature and pressure sensors are also good because it's combustible. Simple explanation for a horrible conspiracy!

There was this big thing on the news here about how some of the pumps were malfunctioning and giving people more gas than they were paying for. Not usually that much, just a difference of a couple of cents on the gallon, but they would come out and check exactly how much it was giving people. If it was off at all, they'd shut down the pump and wouldn't allow the gas station to use it until they got someone out to fix it.