TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

—Punk's debut was the worst ECW segment since the show debuted ratingswise, losing 113,000 viewers.

From this week's observer. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm not sure how the ratings system goes, but couldn't all of those viewers have tuned out due to the awful Knox/Test debacle that happened a little while prior? I doubt 113,000 people would just say "Oh, fuck this, CM Punk is not my cup of tea!"

—Punk's debut was the worst ECW segment since the show debuted ratingswise, losing 113,000 viewers.

From this week's observer. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm not sure how the ratings system goes, but couldn't all of those viewers have tuned out due to the awful Knox/Test debacle that happened a little while prior? I doubt 113,000 people would just say "Oh, fuck this, CM Punk is not my cup of tea!"

Also possible that fans were uninterested because the in-house fans were shitting all over the opener (pre-barbed wire, that is). I think ratings only go every quarter-hour, I'm just assuming they don't keep by-the-minute tabs on how many people stop watching, so it's also possible that they tuned out for something in the early half of the QH and the ratings dip didn't show up until the end of the Punk match.

Or maybe a lot of people don't like Justin Credible, I don't really know.

A random observation:

Although it's a terrible move, the way the STFU has been built up is superb. It was introduced as the focal point of an episode of Raw (Cena being put in a submission match as he never used submissions) and put over there, it was used to win the main event of WM and now it's generally used instead of a pin after the FU.

Now if only he could make it look good...

I'm going to see Sandman an Sabu at a mall here in Long Island in like one hour.

I am going to ask Sabu what those pills were.

I'm going to see Sandman an Sabu at a mall here in Long Island in like one hour.

Record the audio so that there is proof that he has a deep Jackie Mason jewish accent.

A random observation:

Although it's a terrible move, the way the STFU has been built up is superb. It was introduced as the focal point of an episode of Raw (Cena being put in a submission match as he never used submissions) and put over there, it was used to win the main event of WM and now it's generally used instead of a pin after the FU.

Now if only he could make it look good...

The STFU just makes me sick. There is really no setup and I just got done watching WM 22 and its so embarassing as Cena has HHH in the STFU and it doesn't really look painful. All Cena does to make it seem like he's doing more than lightly draping his arms around HHH's head is going "AHHHHHH! AHHHHH!!!!" Just lame.

My reaction the first time Cena used the STFU:

"Where the hell did he learn that?"

Followed by:

"Lou Thesz must be rolling over in his grave."

Record the audio so that there is proof that he has a deep Jackie Mason jewish accent.

Sabu didn't talk at all. And I chickened out asking.

Sandman was really nice though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/mol...busandme001.jpg

The CM Punk match really wasn't anything special.

That said, I'm always wary of these rating numbers. Maybe the reason a segment gets low ratings is that the previous segment sucked? And maybe segments get high ratings because the previous segment was good?

The worst episode of a TV show won't get the lowest ratings, the episode AFTER the worst episode will.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

A Triple H/Umaga rematch is rumored for the Unforgiven PPV, along with the Edge/Cena TLC match.

A Triple H/Umaga rematch is rumored for the Unforgiven PPV...

That can't be good for Umaga.

It won't be good for anyone.

Guest J0bber

The Cena/Edge program has to end. It has been going on since New Year's Revolution for God's sake.

It won't be good for anyone.

It will be good for all the AAE marks.

No..what can't be good for Umaga is the fact that he has a win over HBK and HHH and wont have a match on Summerslam. I almost kinda hope that a last second change to the match is made and its made into a 3 on 2 Handicap match with Umaga teaming with the McMahons.

Same goes for Kennedy over on Smackdown although to a lesser extent.

Joey Styles made a special appearance at the ECW house show in White Plains, New York this evening just a few minutes ago, announcing that the September 11th WWE return to Madison Square Garden will feature a combined Raw/ECW taping, making it the first official appearance of the new ECW brand in the World's Most Famous Arena.

Joey Styles made a special appearance at the ECW house show in White Plains, New York this evening just a few minutes ago, announcing that the September 11th WWE return to Madison Square Garden will feature a combined Raw/ECW taping, making it the first official appearance of the new ECW brand in the World's Most Famous Arena.

Umm, you better be telling the truth there. This was the deciding factor in me buying myself a birthday present of getting two tickets for this show.

ECW at MSG???

Vince/Heyman could make the show one of the best ECW shows so far....or Vince could make it a bad show to just piss off the New York fanbase.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I don't know if Styles fucked up or not, but maybe he meant that there would be ECW involvement with Raw and/or ECW dark matches, and not an actual Raw/ECW taping like a Smackdown/ECW taping, because WWE has tickets on sale for the Smackdown taping/Live ECW on Sci-Fi show for Tuesday, September/12th/2006.