TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

You weigh more than that? Really?

Seriously though, if I got fired for defending myself against my boss after he had struck me, talk about a $$$$$$ lawsuit.

Cornette isn't about to hurt Carelli, but it'd be different the other way around. I don't think he'd get much kudos from the boys if he snapped and mangled Cornette.

You all who said he should have manned up are wrong. This is what HR people are FOR.

One person is some else's boss. That person does something unprofessional. The person wronged is supposed to back to the unprofessional person? Let alone lay a hand on his boss?

Anybody who is saying that he should have hit Cornette back has obviously never had a real job, or if they did, I bet they didn't last long. You cannot strike another employee, especially if you are that employee's superior. Carelli handled the situation exactly how he should have.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.p...leid=180172694

Partial credit: WrestlingObserver.com

- ECW writers, Dusty Rhodes and Dave Lagana, feel that the storyline between The New Breed and CM Punk hasn’t been going the way they wanted it to go. The CM Punk turn on Elijah Burke that happened last week was supposed to be teased for some time before actually happening.

So what happened here? I'd like to know _why_ they pulled the trigger on the re-turn early, if their plan was to wait in the first place...

So what happened here? I'd like to know _why_ they pulled the trigger on the re-turn early, if their plan was to wait in the first place...

I bet it has something to do with RVD's decision to leave. Even assuming Lashley is healthy enough to hold up for awhile, with RVD gone they'd have really no other over face characters. It's expected that Sandman and Sabu will be fired at or around the time RVD leaves and that Dreamer will put back in the front office somewhere. They probablyneeded to speed up the storyline to get focus on Thorn, Striker, CorVon as seperate entities as to have any semblence of a roster once the Originals are cast aside.

If Carelli had gone to Cornette & apologized for being a dick that did basically the exact opposite of what he was told to do, Cornette most likely would've apologized to him for being unprofessional. Decency says that if you fuck up, you make amends for it, you don't just pretend what you did didn't happen and everything that happened as a result was all the other guy's fault.

While I agree Cornette should have been fired for slapping Carelli, the fact remains that Carelli should have been fired on the spot for completely blowing a fucking angle before it had the chance to get going. Instead, three years later he's Intercontinental Champion despite not doing anything to warrant it (like, you know, be on TV first, in past years a prerequisite).

WWE CANCELS DECEMBER TO DISMEMBER

WWE Chief Operating Officer Michael Sileck announced during their First Quarter Earnings Release conference call this morning that the second annual ECW December to Dismember PPV has been pulled from the WWE schedule and will not take place, citing the fact that three PPVs in five weeks is "just too much."

Last year's December to Dismember PPV did an abysmal buyrate coming at the end of a similar period of several PPVs, despite having an Elimination Chamber main event. The execution of that event, which featured only two advertised matches as well as the show going off the air after only two hours and 15 minutes, led to the departure of Paul Heyman as the lead writer for the ECW brand when he argued against it.

This year's edition of the PPV was scheduled to take place on December 2 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

They shouldn't cancel the ONS3 show, they should modify it though, starting with the name of the event.

While I agree Cornette should have been fired for slapping Carelli, the fact remains that Carelli should have been fired on the spot for completely blowing a fucking angle before it had the chance to get going. Instead, three years later he's Intercontinental Champion despite not doing anything to warrant it (like, you know, be on TV first, in past years a prerequisite).

No, Carelli should not have been fired, and he has paid his dues in OVW.

Isn't Vengeance a July PPV usually?

It got switched to June in 2005. It used to be Bad Blood (Raw) in June and Vengeance (SmackDown) in July. In 2004 SmackDown got the GAB in July so Vengeance became Raw's July PPV after the Bash (I think...). In 2005 and onward, June had two PPVs (the former Bad Blood becoming an ECW show, Vengeance moving to June for Raw since SmackDown had May, and the GAB in July).

Bad Blood - June 13, 2004

Great American Bash - June 27, 2004

Vengeance - July 11, 2004

ECW One Night Stand - June 12, 2005

Vengeance - June 26, 2005

Great American Bash - July 24, 2005

Wrestlemania buys released

WWE announced today that the first estimate on buys from Wrestlemania was 1.2 million, making it the largest pro wrestling PPV event in history.

It would be the biggest event so far this year on PPV, although Saturday's Oscar de la Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight is expected to easily beat the total.

The total domestic buys would have been approximately 768,000, so it was nowhere even close to the company record in the core North American market. Even last year, it would have ranked only No. 4 among PPV events as a whole behind one Oscar de la Hoya boxing match and two UFC events headlined by Tito Ortiz.

Last year's show did about 980,000 total buys and 636,000 in the North Ameican market.

I'm guessing DVD sales are many times that of PPV as, $1.2mil x $50 is only $6mil, and that ignores all the ppv provider costs and such.

With those kinds of figures, are the main point of PPV's to promote the DVD sales 2 months down the line?

World Wrestling Entertainment have announced that last month’s WrestleMania 23 PPV established new records for pay-per-view buys and revenue, with preliminary estimates released today showing that pro wrestling’s biggest PPV of the year has achieved 1.2 million pay-per-view buys, bringing in more than $24.3 million in revenue.

WrestleMania 23 was also the highest grossing one-day live event in WWE history, bringing in more than $5.38 million in ticket sales, while merchandise sales for the PPV were over $1.6 million in gross revenue, with an additional $395,000 in sales coming from WWE.com during the week leading into WrestleMania 23.

Wrestlemag

Funny to think that when the venue was announced, many of us speculated that the only match that could sell out the building was Hogan/Austin.
shows how much us smarks know.

So Donald Trump is a draw?

I have a hard time believing that non-fans would buy WM based on the premise of Donald possibly getting his head shaved (or Vince, for that matter).

I always used my parents as a gauge for this stuff. They've always hated wrestling and have done a lot to avoid it over the years. So when they start asking me about a wrestling angle, I know that it is having some impact on non-traditional fans. They were moderately interested in the Trump-McMahon stuff. It had to draw some casual buys.

I bet it has something to do with RVD's decision to leave. Even assuming Lashley is healthy enough to hold up for awhile, with RVD gone they'd have really no other over face characters. It's expected that Sandman and Sabu will be fired at or around the time RVD leaves and that Dreamer will put back in the front office somewhere. They probablyneeded to speed up the storyline to get focus on Thorn, Striker, CorVon as seperate entities as to have any semblence of a roster once the Originals are cast aside.

It was expected that Sandman and Sabu would have been released in Jan. as well.

Batista was a noted nightclub bouncer before wrestling. Noted because he was one of those "take on a guy with a knife/gun" bouncers, who luckily never got killed. WWE Magazine has covered his past and told some interesting stories of big-time fights.

And King Booker still kicked his ass