TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I was much more into last night's episode than the premier. I already suspect Mohinder's new friend given the timing of her arrival, her interest, and everything she already knows about "Papa Suresh".

sorta of a blah episode last night...I guess every show has a few of them per season. I'm starting to agree with niskie, the Petrellis bug me. It was nice to see Matt get some retribution on his buddy for fucking his wife, even though his buddy had no clue why he just got punched. It's also cool seeing more heroes (villians?) show up with Radioactive Man and all.

^ I agree, but wonder what triggers him to cause the "bomb" to go off ...

Last night was, like Lushus said, a pretty blah episode. Too much Micah & his father and too much Petrellis for my liking. I like that those with powers are finally being outed - some of them being discovered as having powers was long over-due, I thought.

And I also agree with Lushus in that it's cool to see more people with powers being discovered. At first I thought that they were going to have too many and lose focus as a result, but I'm starting to think that they can get away with the 8 or so "good guys" and a handful of "bad guys".

Last night was definitely the worst ep I've seen, in as much as it wasn't amazing.

But I have to say that it was pretty good anyhow.

I enjoyed last night's episode, but compared to the rest it was lacking. I thought there was going to be more going on with the outting.

With the teaser about the Cheerleader's father for next week, I'm more convinced that he's evil. It was way to direct for a teaser to come out and say that. I think that they will have him seem to help, then turn on his daughter.

I didn't quite get the point of the painting. Did the congress Petrelli tell the Vegas guy to get rid of the painting?

yes he was..I was wondering where I saw him before.

Last nights episode was horrible, acting and script wise. The radioactive man was the only redeeming thing.

I'm liking this show less and less.

Compared to the rest of TV... decent Ep. Compared to itself... eh. I felt like some things were out of place. For instance, the cheerleader stuff would have been fine at the beginning of the season. But she's been a lot closer to people finding out than what we saw last night.

I loved the stuff with the heroes working together to save someone. The way it organically came together was awesome... along with Hiro showing Micah the comic book from the future. One question I have is how Niki's alter ego got her name. That was kind of strange just to throw her name out there.

What I understood from the Petrellis was that the congressman basically obtained the painting for some "just in case" leverage against Peter. I can see them setting up the congressman turning away from the good of his powers to the evil of his desires... obviously that will bring conflict between the brothers which will probably be manifested in a battle over the painting (not that I'm saying it will be physical).

The stuff with Matt was great as usual... I think Greg Grunberg is an All-Star actor. As far as Claire's Dad goes, I'm trying to decide where he is on the Magneto/Professor X spectrum. I think he'll probably have good motives but shady practices.

Last thing, about Petrelli's wife... I hate when people choose to be offended and then speak for a group, so I won't do that, I'll just give my opinion. That whole "I promise we can be a couple (wink wink, nudge nudge) again" was bullshit. First, her being paralyzed has no effect on her husband's sex life, at least physically. Regardless of disability, most people can have a "normal" sex life... some can't, but ALL people can have A sex life. You just have to think outside the box, pun intended. Now, I'm not paralyzed so I don't know what that's like, but I know firsthand that where there's a will there's a way (especially with something like this).

Compared to the rest of TV... decent Ep. Compared to itself... eh. I felt like some things were out of place. For instance, the cheerleader stuff would have been fine at the beginning of the season. But she's been a lot closer to people finding out than what we saw last night.

I loved the stuff with the heroes working together to save someone. The way it organically came together was awesome... along with Hiro showing Micah the comic book from the future. One question I have is how Niki's alter ego got her name. That was kind of strange just to throw her name out there.

What I understood from the Petrellis was that the congressman basically obtained the painting for some "just in case" leverage against Peter. I can see them setting up the congressman turning away from the good of his powers to the evil of his desires... obviously that will bring conflict between the brothers which will probably be manifested in a battle over the painting (not that I'm saying it will be physical).

The stuff with Matt was great as usual... I think Greg Grunberg is an All-Star actor. As far as Claire's Dad goes, I'm trying to decide where he is on the Magneto/Professor X spectrum. I think he'll probably have good motives but shady practices.

Last thing, about Petrelli's wife... I hate when people choose to be offended and then speak for a group, so I won't do that, I'll just give my opinion. That whole "I promise we can be a couple (wink wink, nudge nudge) again" was bullshit. First, her being paralyzed has no effect on her husband's sex life, at least physically. Regardless of disability, most people can have a "normal" sex life... some can't, but ALL people can have A sex life. You just have to think outside the box, pun intended. Now, I'm not paralyzed so I don't know what that's like, but I know firsthand that where there's a will there's a way (especially with something like this).

It wasn't about physical ability but rather her willingness to get pass the psychological block of the accident which clearly driven a wedge between the two. You can't just do that if one person is still dealing with a truma like being paralyzed while the other feels as if he's to blame for it.

The episode was fairly average in that it wasn't "exciting" but it's doing a good enough job of setting up the eventful collision these people will have. I really like the subtle references they keep making regarding other characters. Such as when Micah asked Hiro's friend if he had visited her mother before.

I like how each episode a certain character disappears so they can focus on another one with more focus. There was less Niki then usual as it appears that character is done and the alter ego is sticking around.

I like that they keep introducing new characters with powers and it doesn't comeoff as "Oh, another one to keep track of". They all fit together for a reason and once we get to the point we figure out who is good/evil, it'll really get the show moving.

Guest netslob
One question I have is how Niki's alter ego got her name. That was kind of strange just to throw her name out there.

it might have some signifigance, like it's her middle name or her mother's name or something, or, like alot of split-personalties do, she might've just pulled it out of thin air because she liked it. hell, that's what my split-personalities Bill, Jake, Kenny and Ernesto did.

My dad brought up an interesting caveat yesterday: what if these heroes were all actually bio-engineered somewhere in America? perhaps as babies? Hiro, being Japanese, is the only actual mutant while the rest were created...hence that symbol that pops up every so often. Hell, maybe he was created too. Sylar was just an experiment gone bad while Mr. Bennett is actually an employee of the bioengineering company tracking down each subject in hopes of doing field research on them. Maybe Claire is his own special project that he's actually grown to love as a daughter and is even happier to find out her bioengineering has finally kicked in. The only question would be, why?

I could see him knowing that Claire is the center of everything and adopted her as a daughter for that purpose.

I think it's too out there and it messes up the whole "destiny" approach of the show. The show is already fantasy, so you don't need to be so technical about why they got these powers.

"destiny" could be a red herring and it turns out these folks actually have a purpose. Obviously if that were the case, it'd have to be a couple seasons down the road. They couldn't spring that on us now or next season.

Guest Felonies!

Who played the waitress? I can't place where she's from.

Hey, this is a pretty good show.

Guest Felonies!

Who played the waitress? I can't place where she's from.

Hey, this is a pretty good show.

What is gonna happen next week? My DVR didn't record it.

We find out what "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" means as I guess Sylar finally goes after Claire.

Awesome episode with some nice plot twists, although I wish that FBI lady and the IRS lady from Jericho would make some sort of suicide pact and go away already. Fictionally speaking, of course.

Was there anything about Niki this week because it said in my program guide that she would find out more about her powers or something like that, but I can't remember a thing.

I couldn't give the show my full attention last night, kids and all, but I'm pretty certain Niki wasn't featured. It was the Matt, Isaac, Claire, Hiro show...no Petrellis either. Definitely better than last week's "meh" episode.