TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I was half-asleep, so didn't give it as much attention as I normally do, but add me to the list that liked last night's episode much more than last week's. The simple fact that it was chock full o' Hiro, HRG, and Claire looking cute was enough to push it above last week's Petrelli-fest.

Hiro going back in time to save the waitress was swank, and was easily my highlight of the episode. - his not reappearing in the 5 seconds he told his buddy to count to, but still showing up in the picture from the past was a sweet twist. I'm wondering if he'll have a pro-longed stretch where he's never here in real time but has to work to get back on track, so-to-speak.

All in all, a good episode that makes me look forward to next week & the rest of the season.

Jailbait ought not dress like that on my TV :(

Vyce can attest, I kind of freaked out. But I also marked out for Hiro, so maybe its okay.

CUZ HE'S A BEAST!!!

I loved last night's episode. The Hiro parts were great and him in the photo at the end was a nice touch.

I really like the Matt scenes too. His story is now a lot more interesting to me with the whole addition of the nuclear guy.

And, to echo niskie, the Claire scenes were excellent. I was missing her, then she shows up at the father's work in the dress and all was good.

I liked the added dimensions to the father as well. I still don't think that he's necessarily a "good" guy. I don't trust him at all.

Yes, last night's episode was fairly enjoyable especially with the loads of Hiro and a healthy dose of Claire. Next week looks intense and awesome if they are really going to collide and that should give alot of indications about who fits where and why.

It's amazing that a show with nearly two dozen characters to keep track of, that they all seem to get their fair share of time and aside from 2-3 of them, you actually care about them especially when they have their own little quality.

my biggest problem with Niki/DL/Micah is that they just don't really seem to fit in with anything else going on. Now, Matt hasn't interracted with anyone else, either, but he's connected to the hunt for Sylar, so he's relevant...

I'm thinking that the kid is going to be a key. It seems that when two people with powers reproduce on the show, the kid is more powerful. That's what I think they were getting at last night with Claire.

Guest Felonies!

But didn't Cyclops and Jean Grey have a kid that was a disappointment? Or do I know too much?

I couldn't give the show my full attention last night, kids and all, but I'm pretty certain Niki wasn't featured. It was the Matt, Isaac, Claire, Hiro show...no Petrellis either. Definitely better than last week's "meh" episode.

I thought Suresh was featured more than any of them.

I couldn't give the show my full attention last night, kids and all, but I'm pretty certain Niki wasn't featured. It was the Matt, Isaac, Claire, Hiro show...no Petrellis either. Definitely better than last week's "meh" episode.

I thought Suresh was featured more than any of them.

see...the point in the show that didn't get my full attention!

I ended up watching most of last week's on SciFi at 7:00 last night ... that might be my new routine, watching the episode from the week before as part of the ritual of watching the new episode. Sometimes you guys point out details that I missed and it'd be cool to see them after-the-fact.

You should re-watch. Those parts were pretty interesting and seem to be a key going forward.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that part, Dubs. I'll agree that they were key to the progression of the story ... but interesting? Nah.

Huh, I liked the parts with the little kids, learning about why the father was so interested in the study and trying to figure out if Suresh seeing the past was a power or not.

We can disagree on this niskie, but let's not make it a habit!

I watched this for the first time last night. I will now be following it every Monday.

How many episodes have I missed?

I feel like I pretty much understand the plot, and what's going on with all the characters.

Huh, I liked the parts with the little kids, learning about why the father was so interested in the study and trying to figure out if Suresh seeing the past was a power or not.

Pervert.

And having said that, I was intrigued by Suresh's ability to see/dream the past at first, too ... at first I thought that maybe it was the office that allowed him to dream about what really happened, and that maybe it was people's locations - rather than the people themselves - that caused the powers that they had.

Then they showed the kid's picture, and I realized that it was him (the kid) that was giving Suresh the ability to dream the future ... I think.

We can disagree on this niskie, but let's not make it a habit!
Agreed.

I had a thought:

What if Future Hiro is actually the child of Hiro and that waitress? Hiro travels back to save her, but because he can't fully control his power yet, he travels back like a year instead of that morning. They meet, they fall in love and have a child which completely screws up the space-time continum and NYC goes boom because of it. Hiro refuses to go back again to change it back, fearing he'll do more damage, so his kid goes back and tells Peter to save the cheerleader because Hiro was supposed to.

Just something that popped into my head just now.

Edited by KingPK

I am a little nervous about where they are going with the Hiro story with him showing up in the past. It takes a lot of skill and forethought to write someone travelling in time and it usually doesn't work that well.

Supposedly the writers have definitive stories mapped out for this season and next, and have a basis they want to follow for the next five seasons.

Lost said the same thing ... and they've been all over the road. Not to seem overly cynical, but I have a hard time believing the writers when they say that they have everything mapped out for more than a season.

Supposedly the writers have definitive stories mapped out for this season and next, and have a basis they want to follow for the next five seasons.

Lost said the same thing ... and they've been all over the road. Not to seem overly cynical, but I have a hard time believing the writers when they say that they have everything mapped out for more than a season.

I look at things like this - Agatha Christie had the final novels for Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple done well before she stopped writing about them, so she had a guideline as to how she wanted things to go. I tend to think of the "five year plan" as something similar - you have an idea as to how things will end up, but the road there is very flexible.

The problem with writing for tv and planning things out far in advance is that you don't know if that certain actor will stick around the whole time, which means you might have to write them out or you have to listen to the viewers and make the changes the networks feel are needed to please them.

That's where I think LOST got, well, lost and it went off whatever path it was headed. Sometimes writers for TV shows get too cute or complex for the good of the show and loses whatever purpose they originally had and it kills a show's premise or quality.

I watched this for the first time last night. I will now be following it every Monday.

How many episodes have I missed?

I feel like I pretty much understand the plot, and what's going on with all the characters.

Last Monday's episode was the eighth, so you've missed seven. And you don't know what's going on with ALL the characters, since some of the regulars didn't appear this week.

Who played the waitress? I can't place where she's from.

Hey, this is a pretty good show.

The girl from the bubble boy movie!

She also played the secretary for Dana Gordon on an episode of Entourage called "Neighbors".