TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

I'd say that they did really begin the gathering process though. Now there are ties between both Patrellis, Claire, short haired mind control girl, Haitian Guy, DL, Niki, Suresh, Isaac and Hiro. I think that's everyone so far.

Although, when I paused on the screen in Suresh's office, there were a lot of names that we haven't been introduced to yet, so there are definitely more out there who may or may not come into play.

hmmm I still don't see how Niki/Micah/DL ties in with everything...sure, Micah and DL interacted with Hiro once, but that was just in passing. I'm still wondering how Matt will eventually tie in with the other heroes. So far, if they were forming a team, the only real ties you can make are Peter, Isaac, Claire and Hiro...I wouldn't even count Nathan yet.

DL interacted with Hiro and Hiro told Micah about his powers basically, so that was one and also the Niki/Nathan connection.

Matt ties in through his chase of Sylar and I'm fairly certain that the "bomb" in NYC will actually be the guy that Matt captured. His is the least connection, but you can see where he'll be worked in already.

I wonder if they're going to go with a super heroes united theme, like the Fantastic 4, or if they'll just kind of all be on their own going forward. I really don't want them to become uniformed superheroes at all. I like the normal people with powers theme better.

They are with out a doubt all going to come together to fight Sylar. I smell a heel turn coming with one of them soon though. One bad guy and all these good guys. Now come on people we aren't that stupid.

Ah, networking. Truly, this is an idea that needs to happen with metahumans. Or, they could just go with the old standby, "fight each other and then team up to beat the bad guy".

BTW, I don't know if it was the camera angle, but Eden looked to be packing some junk in the trunk.

Agreed with the positive opinions about last night, though hopefully they took a lesson from Lost and won't throw TOO many questions out there before giving us some answers.

I do like how they are kind of taking a step back next week to give us a little more backstory on some of these characters (especially Niki/Jessica, who really needs it at this point).

BTW, I don't know if it was the camera angle, but Eden looked to be packing some junk in the trunk.

I saw that too. It was awesome.

I loved bitch cheerleader getting her head fingered. Rare to see stuff that grisly and drawn out on network TV.

I saw that too. It was awesome.

I loved bitch cheerleader getting her head fingered. Rare to see stuff that grisly and drawn out on network TV.

More TV shows should show high school cheerleaders getting fingered, says I.

100 bucks says that Sylar is Adam from 24.

it is...and I must say, I'm a little disappointed it's not Sean Bean...

I think the producers (and/or the media) is fucking with us because just yesterday I read a report that Christopher Eccleston of 28 Days Later fame is being courted to take on the role of Sylar.

I agree ^

I mistakenly went over to the "9th Wonders" Forums on NBC.com after the show. People are just retarded. Most everyone there is panning the show for various reasons and I just don't get it. There really are some people that just aren't satisfied with ANYTHING.

Are there flaws in this show? Of course.

Doesn't mean it's bad at all though. I haven't been into a Network tv show this much in years.

I agree ^

I mistakenly went over to the "9th Wonders" Forums on NBC.com after the show. People are just retarded. Most everyone there is panning the show for various reasons and I just don't get it. There really are some people that just aren't satisfied with ANYTHING.

Are there flaws in this show? Of course.

Doesn't mean it's bad at all though. I haven't been into a Network tv show this much in years.

Wait, are people saying "I hate this show" or are they nitpicking? I'm ok with nitpicking, because that generally indicates that they care about the show...

Lots of Nitpicking of course but there seems to be LOADS of people that expect things to happen and when they don't go their way they trash the writing and plot development. For instance this past week's episode which I thought was brilliant and move along plenty of the storyline, was called the worst ep. of the series because Saving the Cheerleader didn't save the world.

It's like everyone expects WAY too much of the show when it's been done near perfect thus far in my opinion. I prefer a slow burn and thorough development of ALL characters paths as opposed to rushing through things just so people like that do not become "bored" by the constant questions being left unanswered yet.

For instance this past week's episode which I thought was brilliant and move along plenty of the storyline, was called the worst ep. of the series because Saving the Cheerleader didn't save the world.

Wait, they said that? There are still 13-14 episodes left.

The last epsiode was the best of the season. I have to visit this site.

Lots of Nitpicking of course but there seems to be LOADS of people that expect things to happen and when they don't go their way they trash the writing and plot development. For instance this past week's episode which I thought was brilliant and move along plenty of the storyline, was called the worst ep. of the series because Saving the Cheerleader didn't save the world.

That's harsh. I mean, if this was 24, I can understand the thinking. But it's not.

Oh man, Watchmen is gonna bomb because of these people, isn't it? Even condensed down to 150min, it's not exactly your average action flick. They probably hate BSG too because they haven't found Earth yet.

It's like everyone expects WAY too much of the show when it's been done near perfect thus far in my opinion. I prefer a slow burn and thorough development of ALL characters paths as opposed to rushing through things just so people like that do not become "bored" by the constant questions being left unanswered yet.

I'm not gonna call it perfect because I always gotta leave some room at the top, but it's been really good so far. And I'm looking forward to Monday's "#0 Issue" to shed some light on things.

Yea maybe the word perfect is too strong but I definitely feel passionate about the show enough to call it close to such level. I have watched every ep. so far at least twice to make sure I haven't missed any details. DVR friggin rules!

Yea maybe the word perfect is too strong but I definitely feel passionate about the show enough to call it close to such level. I have watched every ep. so far at least twice to make sure I haven't missed any details. DVR friggin rules!

I got no problem with that. I was just saying that I'm unwilling to rate anything as perfect (except my wife :) ).

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode. I think that it will be a nice pause to look back at the characters finding out who they are, then get back into the action next week.

I finally watched the last 2 episodes last night and have to say the lack of DL/Micah/Niki and Jessica was GREAT! Here's my stream of consciousness thoughts on the stories/characters they focused on over those 2 weeks.

* I like how they added in Charlie, made you think she'd play an integral role in the overall storyline, and then whacked her all in one selfcontained snippet in the grand scheme of things. Ando's role is getting better every week, and as we all know Hiro is flat out awesome. The only thing that puzzled me is why Sylar didn't just (attempt to) kill Hiro in the bathroom instead. I realize that they needed Hiro to "miss" Homecoming to have Peter try to save the day with no powers of his own, but it was just kind of puzzling that even a serial murderer ended up doing the whole dumb as a rock villain thing.

* Sylar is interesting but seemed a little bit too powerful given that he survived that fall with very little injury, killed Charlie easily, and practically broke Claire in half with a swing of his arm. I did however like how Eden mindtricked him and of course the first ADEBISI~ sighting in a few episodes.

* Claire's dad sucks. Claire's outfits do not. I like how they've changed her outlook on life in just 8 episodes, and seeing Jackie get sliced and diced was pretty good, especially after she got KTFO'd earlier on. Does anyone know why Peter didn't recognize Claire especially when he'd seen the picture of her, and drew the one where she "died" when Isaac couldn't finish it? I couldn't figure that out especially when Claire and Jackie didn't look that much alike.

* Suresh and the Dream Child was an OK deviance for what it was, but there were parts where it dragged a bit too much.

* I think Peter showed the most heroic attributes of anyone on the show when he was going to willingly sacrifice himself for Claire. I'm guessing Claire's dad probably will be involved in getting him out of jail, though I'm not sure if that's what I want to see happen.

* The scenes with the cops and Radiocative Man were very interesting, although I hate Greg's wife because she can't act for shit. I'm hoping the red headed FBI agent (?) got nuked in the car because she was terrible in limited TV time.

* Isaac needs more of a prominent role, while Simone doesn't because I have no interest in her whatsoever.

I think that was everything. I know I'm probably going to dislike the next episode because I just can't get into the scenes with the Sanders twins, Micah and DL. That might change if they were at all involved in the major storyline, but as of now they just seem like a completely unnecessary diversion that hasn't had anything entertaining aside from the moment DL phased his hand into one of the twins' chest.

* Does anyone know why Peter didn't recognize Claire especially when he'd seen the picture of her, and drew the one where she "died" when Isaac couldn't finish it? I couldn't figure that out especially when Claire and Jackie didn't look that much alike.

Claire was wearing the track jacket which covered the cheerleaders outfit (if she was even wearing it yet, as she was on her way into the locker room) and all Peter knew was the outfit and the blonde hair. The face was never really detailed enough and it was still early and he didn't put the idea of the random blonde in the hall way to be the cheerleader.

Fuck yeah.

- Hero's makes me shed my very first tear when Charlie tells Hiro that he can't save her. Good scene as it shows that no matter how powerful these people can get there are limits to those powers.

- Nathan Petrelli is the ultimate shitbag heel. Saves himself knowing full well his wife is going to get it bad and possibly die and then tells Peter that "at least he died not knowing his sons were about to stab him in the back." I mean, yeah, he can fly and all but I'll love it up something fierce when this guy dies.

- The badass black dude can block other peoples powers. This is nothing new. Hopefully next week elaborates on that. My question is: What happens when Peter meets badass black dude?

- Sylar is awesome. I'm a huge fan of heels that are driven by some moral purpose and the idea that Sylar thinks he's "fixing" all of the special people out there is fan-fuckin-tastic.

- We need a full episode devoted to how Chander Suresh discovered his daughters powers and how he made up his list. That's a huge piece of the puzzle that has yet to be filled in.