TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Not to be insensitive, but I call total BS about the whole " I gotta go home b/c my wife and kid are spitting up blood" story. Really, it this were even close to being true, wouldn't they have gone to the hospital? Any decent mother would take her child to the hospital if their 7 yr old son was coughing up blood. Unfortunately, there has to be something much more sinister at hand. If it were due to carbon monoxide poisoning, it would be quite easy to pretty much diagnose, as your skin turns almost cherry red b/c of the oxygen being displaced from hemoglobin with CO(i've seen this before when i worked my ER rotation in med school).

That might not even be related.

GWH – 10:30 PM:

There is no official statement from the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department on the case, with the exception that they are indeed investigating it as a murder-homicide. Initial autopsy results are expected Tuesday.

An unnamed source with involvement in the case has revealed that it is being speculated that Chris Benoit murdered his wife sometime Saturday, before taking his son’s life sometime Sunday, and finally his own.

Benoit’s body was found in a weight room, his wife’s was in the living room, and their son was found in his bedroom, according to the source.

Wow. And to think many of us were thinking a Punk-Benoit match would be blown off too soon. I guess, unfortunately, it wasn't soon enough. RIP Benoit.

Not to be insensitive, but I call total BS about the whole " I gotta go home b/c my wife and kid are spitting up blood" story. Really, it this were even close to being true, wouldn't they have gone to the hospital? Any decent mother would take her child to the hospital if their 7 yr old son was coughing up blood. Unfortunately, there has to be something much more sinister at hand. If it were due to carbon monoxide poisoning, it would be quite easy to pretty much diagnose, as your skin turns almost cherry red b/c of the oxygen being displaced from hemoglobin with CO(i've seen this before when i worked my ER rotation in med school).

I got a PM about some of the speculation. I can't stop it, but really you guys need to be reasonable. All you have are a few rumors and secondhand accounts. You can't base much off of that. The whole story will come out before long, and much of this may look silly.

The only bright side to this, if you can call it that, is that everyone in heaven will be getting a hell of a show now that Chris and Eddy have been reunited. Terrible it had to happen like this, though.

RIP Chris, you will be missed.

Thanks Al.

The only thing you can count on being worse than the WWF is the WWF section at TSM.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

anyone who posts idiotic speculation should be banned. it's retarded.

ABC news article

The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

Related Stories

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

I marked out every time I watched his matches. Never saw a bad one. Couple that with what his classy carrying of himself outside the ring as well, dealing with the fans and other wrestlers. Wrestling will not be the same for a long time now. The best damn technical wrestler ever. No one ever did prove him wrong.

I can't and won't speculate about what happened; all I'll say is I will miss seeing him every week and it's going to be hard to watch for a while.

RIP Chris Benoit.

WMXXBenoitGuerrero.jpg

GWH – 10:30 PM:

There is no official statement from the Fayette County Sheriff's Department on the case, with the exception that they are indeed investigating it as a murder-homicide. Initial autopsy results are expected Tuesday.

An unnamed source with involvement in the case has revealed that it is being speculated that Chris Benoit murdered his wife sometime Saturday, before taking his son's life sometime Sunday, and finally his own.

Benoit's body was found in a weight room, his wife's was in the living room, and their son was found in his bedroom, according to the source.

I think a source is definitely needed for that kind of talk.

That kind of talk that would imply that he was just a man, with problems and the ability to make mistakes? If he murdered his wife and child, it negates everything he ever did. Sorry to break it to you kids.

Bif Wellington - tagged with Benoit at WCW Clash Of The Champions 19 against Pillman & Liger - one of Benoit's first matches in the US. Meltzer gave it ***.75.

Oh fuck, that ABC news one all but paints the picture.

I can barely fathom the collective backtracking that's going to go on here when the truth comes out.

That kind of talk that would imply that he was just a man, with problems and the ability to make mistakes? If he murdered his wife and child, it negates everything he ever did. Sorry to break it to you kids.

The problem beyond the case is that it's an unnamed source reporting speculation. It may have happened, we don't know. It's hardly fact.

Something sounds fishy here, and that worries me. If what is being speculated by police turns out to be right, it's going to be hard for me to ever watch another wrestling match again, much less anything with Benoit in it, just because of the sorrow I'm going to feel.

I've completely run out of reasons to watch WWE anymore.

I haven't watched regularly in a long time. Aside from Kennedy and MVP, there is nothing and no one of interest to me anymore that I enjoy watching.

If the news coming out is true, something fucking extraordinary must have happened for a successful family man on 6 figures who is an inspiration to many to do this.

I don't even want to think about that. At all.

The admin of WC posted it.

With everything, murder, murder/suicide, whatever, take everything you hear with a grain of salt, but it does seem to go along with the official reports from police and the such.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=3315501&page=1

Wrestling star Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their 7-year-old son Daniel were found dead in their suburban Atlanta home Monday. The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department told ABC News that Benoit had missed several appointments over the weekend, leading concerned parties to ask police to do a "welfare check." When sheriffs arrived at the Benoits' home, they found the wrestler, his wife, and their son dead.

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation, or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. However, it could be weeks before there is a result.

I agree. i just prey this isn't the case. I'm not sure how in the world the wwe would go about this if its found he did it.

Whats irritating about this is some sources say the police said its being investigated as a homicide while downhome posts something that strongly implies benoit did it.

is the observer, keller or anyone saying anything beyond what we already know?

Guest cobainwasmurdered

anytime a wrestler dies, especially someone as popular as Benoit there should be a three day ban on threads about it so people can gain perspective.

I'm a huge benoit fan and was upset but people are getting way too carried away with both the speculation and the "He was my hero" bs.

But according to that theory, Chavo would have talked to chris after he murdered his wife. Chavo said things were normal. And, really, Benoit simply wasn't that good of an actor to pull that one off..

anytime a wrestler dies, especially someone as popular as Benoit there should be a three day ban on threads about it so people can gain perspective.

that is just lame

Wow. I just got home and flipped on Raw to see what kind of goofyness the Vince tribute show was going to be and the Benoit vs. HHH. vs. HBK match from WM 20 was on. I was pretty confused as to what this had to do with anything, one of the thoughts I came up with was maybe Benoit died but I kinda dismissed it. But then I got really curious and went online and sure enough. What a terrible thing to happen at an even more unfortunate time.