TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/06/26/jr...enoit/#more-176

I did not sleep Monday night thinking about the last time I saw Chris, Nancy, and David. I remember the smiles on their faces. I will try and retain that memory for as long as I possibly can.

Is that what JR actually wrote?

Roid rage is a well-documented side effect of steroid usage.

Typical "roid rage" and maliciously murdering your son and wife are two different issues altogether.

By saying steroids caused this or even supplimented these actions is ludicrous.

Incorrect. Dismissing steroids out of hand is ludicrous. You really have no idea what happened, and it's quite possible that a naturally hot-headed person could be pushed over the edge due to hormone-fucking steroid usage. I don't even fucking believe either way, but you're being completely unreasonable by flatly saying the steroid usage couldn't possibly have anything to do with this behavior.

It might lead to his off the wall behaviour in general, but I refuse to accept the steroids lead to him actually killing/torturing his own family in cold blood as he did.

And I want to point out that HGH is not steroids and has been repeatedly linked to mental health problems. Knocking your thyroid out of whack literally effects every system in the human body. Mixed with prescription painkillers and a schedule that keeps him on the road 200 days a year, the likelihood of manic depression and psychosis become far greater.

That doesn't mean every wrestler would do something like this, but if in a rage Benoit killed Nancy, a mental break likely lead to his actions with both his son and his own suicide.

No matter what, it's still a heinous act. We're all just trying to grasp at what could cause this kind of breakdown. And Benoit's use of HGH, steroids and prescription drugs are definitely a factor, albeit far from the only one.

Apparently, Nancy Benoit was killed on Friday night and his son Saturday morning. Also Benoit threatened his wife about divorce papers, which probably pushed him over the top.

This is from Global in Canada.

He threated her with divorce? Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Since the reports are saying Vince has been a rock of strength for everybody, I think this speaks volumes about his character. Since people think he's Satan, he could've come out last night and been pissed because his storyline is no longer. He's a classy guy when he needs to be, and that's what matters. Tonight will be just matches, no angles or storylines, and I hope no tributes.

Here's some interesting info:

WARNING SIGNS THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH CHRIS BENOIT

By: Bob Ryder 1Wrestling.com

6/26/2007 5:08:55 PM

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...a5-64b9b6ec214e

In 2000 Our Lady Peace was asked to write a song for a WWE wrestler. I admit to being heavily influenced by martial arts but entertainment wrestling was never my thing. I knew very little about the sport. Our drummer Jeremy was more the wrestling aficionado in the band. Nevertheless one night in Toronto we met with a professional wrestler for dinner at a local restaurant chain. His name was Chris Benoit. Immediately I was struck by his appearance. Not overly tall but freakishly muscular and wearing a very large neck brace. He had suffered a few herniated discs in his neck days before and was on hiatus until he had surgery and was able to rehab. Throughout the evening we learned about Chris and about the sport. Chris was a purest and came from a true wrestling background. His technical abilities were revered by all who followed him. Above that he seemed like a decent, nice man if not a little tortured. Nothing surprising coming from someone so dedicated to this absurd lifestyle of injuries, painkillers, steroids and constant travel...

We ended up recording a theme song for him in Seattle during the next few months. We would see him a couple more times at various shows on tour in the US and he seemed pleased with the song we wrote for him.

Today I learned through numerous emails and Myspace comments that Chris Benoit had killed himself along with his 7 year old son and wife. I think back to that dinner we had years ago and struggle to come to grips with the fact that this was Chris' destiny. Assuming the authorities are correct in their assessment, I can't help but think Chris must have been in immeasurable pain both psychologically and physically. We may never know the answers to why this successful man ultimately was unable to handle this world and in no way do I personally absolve him of any guilt concerning the death of his son and wife. I guess I simply feel sad and somewhat shocked that someone I knew briefly had such a terrible and tragic ending to their life.

Raine Maida

Apparently, Nancy Benoit was killed on Friday night and his son Saturday morning. Also Benoit threatened his wife about divorce papers, which probably pushed him over the top.

This is from Global in Canada.

He threated her with divorce? Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

I think it would be interpreted as Chris threatened Nancy about divorce papers (that she would serve him). that's how i read it at least.

I'm in shock over this. I keep telling myself that someone else did this to the family, but I know deep down that the facts have been checked and Chris Benoit, the guy I marked out for in WCW backl in 1992-93 when no one did, my favorite ECW star in the mid 90's, the guy I popped for wrestling Sasaki at World War 95 and went apeshit when he got to be a Horseman, my favorite guy because he could WRESTLE and just seemed like such a badass, plus the guy I marked out for in the biggest moment of me being a fan at WM 20, is a cold-blooded murdered. Fuck you, Chris Benoit. I want to say "well, let him rest in peace" and "at least his pain has ended" but fuck that. He murdered Woman, who was THE fucking coolest ringside manager next to Elizabeth, and a young boy. His son. If everything is true, then Chris Benoit is truly no longer a legendary trendsetter in professional wrestling, he's the biggest disgrace the sport has ever seen.

The paranoia thing allegedly from a year ago is interesting. And if true, surely SOMEONE must have tried to get him help or at least let the WWE upper management know about their concern for him.....right?

It's 1bob.............it's 50/50 on if it's even true or not.........that site isn't exactly reliable.

This train wreck is just getting sadder by the post. However 1bob is not the type of person to always tell the truth. I think though that me might be right on this one. Because it is impossible for anyone to have seen this coming months ago.

Since the reports are saying Vince has been a rock of strength for everybody, I think this speaks volumes about his character. Since people think he's Satan, he could've come out last night and been pissed because his storyline is no longer. He's a classy guy when he needs to be, and that's what matters. Tonight will be just matches, no angles or storylines, and I hope no tributes.

Completely OT, but thats what the Imus supports say about Don Imus, doesn't excuse all the reasons why people think he is Satan.

From PWInsider:

The scheduled Monday Night Raw live event in Corpus Christie, Texas that was canceled last night will now be held on 7/16. WWE has canceled the tour of western Canada that was scheduled for July 14th-17th so that Raw can be held in Texas. Thanks to Devin Cutting.

Silvervision, WWE's European DVD distributor, has pulled the Chris Benoit: Hard Knocks DVD from their website. We've received reports that ToysRUs.com has pulled Chris Benoit action figures from their website as well.

In addition to the Benoit merchandise they pulled from their website this morning, WWE has also pulled the "I did it!" Mr. McMahon T-shirt.

TNA Wrestling has pulled their note of condolences to Chris Benoit from their website.

World Wrestling Entertainment WWE is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff's Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit's state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Contact Information: World Wrestling Entertainment Media: Gary Davis, 203-353-5066 or Jennifer McIntosh, 818-269-5621

This is not meant to excuse anything Benoit has apparently done, but none of you seem to realize that children are sometimes put on growth hormones by doctors if they are not growing at a normal pace. This may or may not have been the case, but it's a 50/50 possibility.

I watched some of ATH and all of PTI and no mention of it, or in the teasers for SC. I know it's not a "sport" but I recall Eddie's death getting coverage. I refuse to watch cable news to protect my own sainity unless it's a 9/11 or Katrina level event, is the saturation of coverage as bid as this thread suggests?

boy things keep getting worse and worse

Warning Signs:

In speaking with close friends and confidants of Chris Benoit contacted this afternoon, apparently there were some warning signs that something was wrong with Benoit.

Some of the information learned by 1Wrestling.com by colleagues and friends that did not want to be quoted:

"This wasn't roid rage, this was insanity. Roid rage doesn't last for 48 hours. There were signs that something was wrong. Stories have emerged that a year ago he became paranoid and believed he was being followed. He wouldn't let Nancy leave the house because he believed someone was out to get them."

“Chris hated religion. He didn't believe in it. I cannot comprehend him putting bibles by the bodies. I am shocked.”

In addition, 1Wrestling has learned that sources close to Nancy are reporting that she had a safety deposit box with evidence of past rages and that authorities should check the box if anything ever happened to her.

http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29059

My God i just dont know what to think, if somethin was wrong someone in WWE should have said something

Guest shoryuken007

Sadly, many will dismiss WWE's steroid statement as company line. It is, but it's also completely logical.

Hopefully that wont' get me banned or suspened...

:huh:

You didn't say anything bad about Nancy or Daniel, you should be ok.

The needle marks could be 1000 things. Maybe Chris put him to sleep with something before killing him, maybe he was getting growth hormones like Matt said or maybe he had just went to get his shots. No one will know that end of the story and the rest of what happened for weeks.

Guest ZubLym

Alot of you people have no hearts. I am deeply saddened by the events of the last few days but at the same time I am not gonna jump on the Chris Benoit is a fucking murder boat. I just don't believe it. Until i see something that shows without a doubt that he did it. I see this a triple homicide.

R.I.P. Chris Benoit and Woman

you will be missed.

The paranoia thing allegedly from a year ago is interesting. And if true, surely SOMEONE must have tried to get him help or at least let the WWE upper management know about their concern for him.....right?

I'm sure someone did. I guess it's like the VT situation. You might realize someone has mental problemes, but rarely can anyone really forsee someone is about to go on a killing spree.

Man it seems like people are in an uproar only about Benoit killing his son (in general, not anyone specific here). Not that they're wrong for doing so, but it seems like the death of his wife is being downplayed (they're both human beings all the same, Daniel and Nancy); I get the impression that if it was only the wife that was killed, people wouldn't be riding Benoit nearly as hard.