TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Superstar Billy Graham, Marc Mero, and Johnny Grunge's widow on Nancy Grace from Wednesday night:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyFg4IBNdOA

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGcOZMibdlk

Part 3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1Dt1rCb-s

Part 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QoRTKISvdA

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I get a kick at the way Grace acts like even a midcard wrestler is very famous. "You all know Johnny Grunge. Very famous wrestler." I mean, probably famous to us on this board yes, but the genpub? Doubt it.

Anyway, they say that Grunge also had an enlarged heart. This is from HGH or steroids? Grunge was on HGH & Steroids? Dude.. I'm not saying it's not true.. but he wasn't exactly in shape for any of his career. Was he just taking the 'roids and not working out? Wierd..

WWE is 10:1. Olympics is 3:1.

Not only is it 10:1, but if you first test at 15:1 and your follow up has you at 14:1, they consider that cycling down and your given a pass. Not only that, but if you have a doctor's not saying that you are on Testosterone replacement, which is usually for older guys to keep there testosterone at 1:1, you get a free pass.

This is on top of "I have a prescription, so it's ok"

EDIT: This comes from Bryan Alvarez on "Between the Ropes"

I was going on what Bryan Alvarez had said........so if you guys know more than he does about the WWE's drug testing by all means...

Drinking alot, and doing a lot of other drugs can also lead to an enlarged heart. Not just roids and HGH make your heart bigger.

WWE is 10:1. Olympics is 3:1.

Not only is it 10:1, but if you first test at 15:1 and your follow up has you at 14:1, they consider that cycling down and your given a pass. Not only that, but if you have a doctor's not saying that you are on Testosterone replacement, which is usually for older guys to keep there testosterone at 1:1, you get a free pass.

This is on top of "I have a prescription, so it's ok"

EDIT: This comes from Bryan Alvarez on "Between the Ropes"

That's bizarre I read a transcript of when he appeared on Nancy Grace and he said it was 6-1 on there.......he likes to contradict himself I guess.

I think you can score between the 6:1 and the 10:1 without getting instant repercussions.

I think you can score between the 6:1 and the 10:1 without getting instant repercussions.

Well 10-1 would be extremely high like hey something bad may happen to you level. I think the WWE's drug testing policy is just to make sure no one has an extreme level where they may kill themselves. I mean after all it isn't a real sport where you gain an advantage like the MLB even though some people try to make that comparison.

I think they should look into the prescription things like I mentioned before but of course you can't please everyone some people don't think there's ever a valid use for steroids. And even if you have a legit reason you are using them that you should still fail.

Isn't this the second time this year Rey's name has showed up in a steriod case?

Yes, I believe it is. I could really see him getting released over this whole thing to set a real example.

I didn't see RAW last Monday. Does anyone know if the WWE plugged Cena's appearance on Larry King Live?

If it did, wouldn't that be hypocrital in the sense that its been trying to erase every moment in Benoit's career and not even mention his name anymore yet promoting a show that will talk about him full length?

I can see Rey getting released just so he won't die while on Vince's watch.

Rey won't get released, he's a cornerstone to the courting of a demographic that still buys a ton of merchandise and has kept SD on the air for the most part.

Rey won't get released, he's a cornerstone to the courting of a demographic that still buys a ton of merchandise and has kept SD on the air for the most part.

I wouldn't hedge my bets on that...if this negative press starts killing Vince's finances, someone's getting cut...

besides, if he wants to keep the Hispanics happy, just toss Mistico on there...once they officially sign him...or send Super Crazy back over and push him.

As far as the kid demographic, ah they'll think of something else.

He's also a rampant steroid user with connections to both Guerrero and Benoit. At such a crucial time, it may not be wise to use him in a big spot. It might cause problems they don't want to deal with.

The thing I hate about the whole Nancy Grace daily coverage is that he didn't let the wife of Johnny Grudge, Mrs. Penny Durham speak more than 30 seconds only to get a soundbyte before going to a commercial break.

It was like

Nancy Grace "ok so he was on steroids..."

Penny Durham "....uh he needed it because the pain was so great from all the table matches"

Nancy Grace "There were 2 bottles of pills from Dr. Astin"

commercial break

I swear Nancy Grace is a bigger cunt than Bill O'Reilly!

I didn't see RAW last Monday. Does anyone know if the WWE plugged Cena's appearance on Larry King Live?

If it did, wouldn't that be hypocrital in the sense that its been trying to erase every moment in Benoit's career and not even mention his name anymore yet promoting a show that will talk about him full length?

They did mention he was on Larry King, and had an interview segment with him via satellite. Benoit's name never came up, they just needed to hype the GAB match with him and Lashley.

Kennedy put up a blog on his site blasting the media coverage. It's a pretty good read actually and he doesn't hold back at all.

"Please GOD, I'm just BEGGING for someone who has actually wrestled in a WWE ring in the past decade besides Jericho, Bret Hart, John Cena, and Ted Dibiase to come forward on one of these shows and tell the world what's really going on. For these goofs, like Lanny Poffo? Ultimate Warrior? and Marc Mero???!! to repeatedly act as "experts" and "wrestler advocates" on the current situation is like having a frustrated ex-jock who rode the pine bench throughout his high school sports career give advice to Brett Favre on how to improve his game! It's ridiculous, insane, and it really makes me sick that these so called reporters like Bill O'Reilly, Nancy Grace, and Geraldo Rivera, call upon these silly bastards who are bitter and frustrated that their careers have ended to represent the WWE which of course makes all of us look like a bunch of babbling idiots who are all addicted to steroids, drugs, alcohol, etc.

THINGS ARE MUCH DIFFERENT THAN THEY WERE FIVE OR TEN OR TWENTY YEARS AGO! Most of the "expert", frustrated ex-wrestlers that they've had on the show came from an era where everyone wrestled every day and then went out and partied like rock stars until dawn, drinking copious amounts of alcohol, smoking cigarettes and marijuana, snorting cocaine, taking fistfuls of pills, and injecting massive amounts of steroids. They would take pills to go to sleep, snort coke or take speed to get up and do this day after day after day! This would not be even remotely tolerated in today's environment.

We have a strict drug policy in place. The WWE's wellness program was designed and instituted by the same doctor who implemented the NFL and the NBA's substance abuse programs. Contrary to what somebody recently said on one of these "tabloid" shows the WWE's allowed levels are exactly the same as the NFL. (Someone, I can't recall exactly who said it, said that the WWE allowed a 10:1 Testosterone to Epitestosterone level, which is false. We have a 4:1 level exactly like the NFL and the NBA.) In fact, I knew of someone who took an over the counter supplement from GNC which he didn't know was on the banned list, which caused him to have an elevated testosterone level. This individual was suspended and fined because of it. We can't even take Ephedrine which is another legal supplement that can be bought at any gas station in the country. Since I've been with the company, I've seen the few people that did have problems with drugs either sent to rehab to try and help them overcome their addictions, (sent to one of the top rehab facilities in the country and paid for in full by the WWE) or be fired for repeat offenses.

Look at the list of wrestlers who have prematurely passed away over the years, and most of them made the decision to live their lives this way. That's right, I said "made the decision" because we have this cool thing in the United States of America called "freedom of choice". I have the choice to quit my job if I don't like it, or if I feel that I'm on the road too much. I have the right to choose whether or not I want to break the law and use drugs. I have the right to choose between eating healthy food and exercising regularly and eating fast-food three times a day, not going to the gym, and becoming obese like a good majority of the citizens in this country. When will individuals be held accountable for their own actions? Will it ever happen, or will we always try and point the finger at someone else? Unfortunately as much as I respect the man, Superstar Billy Graham is ultimately responsible for the health problems he suffers from right now because of the choices he made in his career. I find it both sad and humorous that the man who many say is largely responsible for starting the whole "steroid craze" in pro-wrestling is now pointing the finger at the industry rather than blaming himself.

I, like everyone else in the company, have the luxury of being able to go home almost every week, play with my dog, hang out with my girlfriend, sleep in my own bed, and eat good home cooked food. This wasn't the case with these frustrated ex-wrestlers who are trying to grasp on to FIVE more minutes of fame and recognition.

I hear some of these guys talking about how the WWE doesn't have any type of benefits. I heard Johnny Grunge's widow on Nancy Grace saying that wrestling leaves you with nothing, and that two weeks after her husband was released from WCW that they lost their cars and their home. It apparently wasn't obvious to Nancy Grace, who is reportedly an extremely intelligent person, that they were obviously living outside of their means, and they weren't doing something that my parents taught me to do when I was a little kid……SAVE MONEY.

This job pays well, but I know that it won't last forever. It's the same problem with pro athletes and actors in Hollywood who spend, spend, spend, like the money grows on trees and like it's always going to be there, and then falls flat on their faces when their careers are suddenly cut short. Who's fault? The team? The studio in Hollywood? I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who don't save money and spend everything that they earn so they can impress everyone around them with all the NEAT THINGS that they own. As far as the having no health insurance thing goes, I've been seriously injured twice since I've been in the WWE. Every red cent has been paid for in full by the company, which is the case for any employee who is injured during a work or work-related event. Yes, I have my own supplemental insurance which is a bit expensive, but if WWE paid for it, I'm sure that, just like every other company in the country that offers health insurance to their employees, I would just be paid less, so it's a wash!

In the end, we are all responsible for our own actions. Saying that Vince McMahon is responsible for the deaths of the Benoit's is like saying that you and I are responsible for the deaths of Anna Nicole Smith and her son. The millions of people who tuned in every week to be entertained by "how funny" she was when she was all PILLED up and DRUNK, suddenly became the same people who acted SHOCKED and APALLED when she died of a drug overdose. Somebody, PLEASE, stop the insanity!!!!"

*clapclap* well spoken. I think Kennedy and Hardy do raise a good point though - generations past are not the same as those present. At least it seems to be the case.

That just reeks of him being paid to write all of that, talk about going over the defensive edge. I might be alone here, but he comes off like a huge douche to me.

I don't think it means much anyways. To the media it's just WWE wrestlers towing the company line as they try to do damage control. Either way WWE is screwed and no passionate rants by Matt Hardy or Ken Kennedy will persuade them.

That just reeks of him being paid to write all of that, talk about going over the defensive edge. I might be alone here, but he comes off like a huge douche to me.

Not to me.

I don't get why when its "Its all Vinces fault, the wellness policy is a joke" then it must be true, because people who don't work for the company but heard some stuff said so.

A guy that actually works there goes into some pretty specific details and it the company line.

He has a big point. noone that worked in the profession in 20 or 10 or even 5 years ago can say they know whats going on now.

I always thought all the random injuries that sideline a guy suddenly, alot of those were suspension. And I still am yet to see someone explain the Kurt Angle firing if they don't have some type of wellness policy.

WWE held a meeting backstage before raw Monday night in which they basically said "Just say no to drugs!". The speech came from Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace.They explained the current situation to everyone and told them there was a grief counselor on hand if they wanted to talk about the Benoit situation or anything else that was bothering them.

f4w newsletter

WWE held a meeting backstage before raw Monday night in which they basically said "Just say no to drugs!". The speech came from Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace.They explained the current situation to everyone and told them there was a grief counselor on hand if they wanted to talk about the Benoit situation or anything else that was bothering them.

f4w newsletter

Shelton Benjamin: "Yeah...Vince...why are you making me gay?"

Guest beau99

You are alone here.

I agree with every darn word Mr. Kennedy said, as well as Matt Hardy.

I don't see how anyone can not see the stupidity in his posting. It comes off as overly defensive, like he was told to post it, not to mention totally unprofessional by using so many WORDS LIKE THIS. I'm not saying he isn't right, I have no idea. For all I know most of what he said is totally true. This just isn't the way to get the point across. Things like this do more harm to WWE right now than it helps.

Guest beau99
I don't see how anyone can not see the stupidity in his posting. It comes off as overly defensive, like he was told to post it, not to mention totally unprofessional by using so many WORDS LIKE THIS. I'm not saying he isn't right, I have no idea. For all I know most of what he said is totally true. This just isn't the way to get the point across. Things like this do more harm to WWE right now than it helps.

At least by doing it like that he didn't break kayfabe.

From Meltzer:

7/12/2007 1:59:00 PM

ESPN Outside the Lines covering pro wrestling today

by Dave Meltzer

This afternoon's edition of ESPN's Outside the Lines will be covering pro wrestling in the post-Benoit murder world with myself and Lance Storm as guests.

The show airs at 3:30 p.m. Eastern time and 12:30 p.m. Pacific.

I agree with Downhome on this. Kennedy does come off as a bit of a douche in this posting. I get a serious 14 year old internet girl vibe from him - "OMG YOU HAVEN'T WRESTLED IN WWE FOR FIVE YEARS SO SHUT UP, KTHX!"

WWE held a meeting backstage before raw Monday night in which they basically said "Just say no to drugs!". The speech came from Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace.

LOL.

(Someone, I can't recall exactly who said it, said that the WWE allowed a 10:1 Testosterone to Epitestosterone level, which is false. We have a 4:1 level exactly like the NFL and the NBA.)

I don't know about this. I'm pretty sure 4:1 up to 9:1 is OK, but needs a re-test, while 10:1 or over is automatic discipline.

But, yeah, Kennedy is totally backing the company line (Civil War: I'm With Downhome). He knows he's sitting pretty in regards to his position in the company, what with a big early push, and likely a big push on Raw at some point, as well as Vince personally liking his character. He knows where his bread is buttered, so he's not going to do anything to mess that up. While I don't think the WWE went to him and asked him to write that, I'm sure Kennedy saw an opportunity to further settle himself in the good graces of Vince.