TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

Well I don't like Rome, but I would have to agree with that statement. There is no way the WWE knows for sure that steroids didn't play some role. They are trying to cover their ass right now, as they should.

Well, it'd be one thing if some random WWE office worker said that, but that was from the head of WWE legal department since 1994, Jerry McDevitt.

And I would assume that with the wellness policy, the wrestlers had to document why they were taking steroids and who perscribed them.

But the wellness policy hasn't held any water to me since Chris Masters inflated again, so whatever.

The WWE has done a good job of making it clear that they don't allow recreational steroid use, but they can do nothing about those with presciptions. However, I question the legitimacy of many of these prescriptions.

Well I don't like Rome, but I would have to agree with that statement. There is no way the WWE knows for sure that steroids didn't play some role. They are trying to cover their ass right now, as they should.

Well, it'd be one thing if some random WWE office worker said that, but that was from the head of WWE legal department since 1994, Jerry McDevitt.

And I would assume that with the wellness policy, the wrestlers had to document why they were taking steroids and who perscribed them.

But the wellness policy hasn't held any water to me since Chris Masters inflated again, so whatever.

You have to admit that it is sloppy reporting though. If it was, say, a basketball player, they wouldn't say "did steroids have anything to do with this?" It was simply, "Wrestler kills family" and they all went "oh, its must have been roid rage".

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=20024

6/27/2007 5:07:00 PM

Possible reason for Benoit murder/suicide revealed (updated)

By Alex Marvez

Email: [email protected]

Sorry for the delay, but I am swamped with media requests and had to write my weekly syndicated column. Here are some new tidbits:

X: Chris Benoit’s personal physician met with him the day of the murder, according to an Associated Press report. Dr. Phil Astin also said he prescribed testosterone to Benoit because of a low count being produced by his body. Astin said that condition likely stemmed from previous steroid use. Here is the link: http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_newfu...ry.asp?ID=94290

X: There are other details soon to surface nationally about the murder/suicide that include details about Nancy Benoit spoke with Astin the day before her murder to try and gain information about treating her son Daniel. WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt told me the promotion has information stating Daniel was suffering from Fragile X, which is an inherited mental impairment that causes autistic-like symptoms [more information about the disease can be found at FragileX.org]. McDevitt said it’s believed that Nancy Benoit was struggling trying to cope with Daniel and that neck surgery she had undergone wasn’t make the situation any easier for her and Chris.

One question that can be posed is this: If Chris Benoit killed his wife in a fit of rage stemming from a confrontation about Daniel, did he later kill his son because of concerns about who would take care of a needs child while he was in prison? While this doesn’t make Benoit’s actions any more justifiable, the scenario may shed some light on why Chris Benoit killed his son before taking his own life.

More on McDevitt/Fragile X can be found at this link: http://www.wmgt.com/node/3257

Guest Smues
What painful event happened at KOTR 99? The horrible Austin ladder match?

The whole show. Retarded booking + bad matches = bad show. Although I did mark out when Kurt Angle came out for the dark match because when the music hit I thought it was the Patriot.

BILL GOLDBERG COMMENTS ON THE BENOIT TRAGEDY; SAYS A UNION IS NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER

Former WWE Champion, WCW Champion, and co-worker of Chris Benoit, Bill Goldberg was on Sirius radio talking about the Benoit tragedy. These are his comments transcribed:

========

You know, I'm flabberghasted. I really am. At first report, your mind starts racing and you try to figure it out in your head "what could have gone wrong?" Then followed up by all the reports from different police agencies and the coroner report. You try to piece everything together and the more information I hear as an ex-friend and as a fan, the more disgusting the whole thing gets for me.

Being in the business, and I've always been one to say my mind, but being in the business can be a curse. If you can't handle it or you're presented with situations that can be overwhelming, then it's tough. Marrying within the business doubles that curse times two. I didn't know her (Nancy Benoit) very well to be perfectly honest with you, so I can't really pass judgment. The thing that I can say about Chris that I can only say about my dealings with him and what I saw, Chris was a consummate professional in the ring. Other than that, I didn't have a relationship with him outside of the ring. I can only go based upon what other people say. That being said, any positive that he did in the ring or anything prior to this tragic occurance happening is pretty much washed away by the fact that at the end of the day, this guy Benoit killed his son. Period. I've got a 1-year-old little boy at home and I've been trying to rationalize it in my head, trying to figure out what in God's name could have gone wrong. I'm not in his place. I was never in his place. I can't speak for anyone else. But what in God's name would bring you to a point where you would kill your own flesh and blood, in this case being his son? I'm not going to bash him. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to sit here and jump on the bandwagon of bashers, but I can only speak it how Bill Goldberg sees it.

I'm sick and tired of blacking out my web site to do a tribute to a fallen wrestler. I'm sick and tired of doing it. It shouldn't happen. I'm only 40 years old and these guys were in the business when I got in. Many of them are still in the business. Many of them are lifers. Many of them do it just for a business. But the fact is there have been way too many of them who have dropped over the past couple of years. I've said this many times before and unfortunately I'm not there to help it and I know Hogan did in the past, but by damn if this doesn't bring people to their feet and try to unionize this sport, it's never going to happen. It's never going to happen. It has to be somehow regulated for the boys. And unless a lot of the boys stand up to Vince and the powers-that-be, it's never going to happen. But that's my only solution.

An expert is finally speaking out:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fay...noitmagnum.html

Former professional wrestler Lex Luger who lives in the Metro Atlanta area told 11Alive News Wednesday that he is shocked and saddened by the death of Chris Benoit.

Police said Benoit killed himself after strangling his wife and smothering his 7-year-old son inside their Fayetteville home this past weekend.

Benoit and Luger were aquainted through wrestling but Luger told 11Alive's Valerie Hoff that the two had not seen each other in some time.

Luger said alcohol and drugs, including steroids, wreaked havoc on his own life for years before a jail chaplain converted him to Christianity. He said he believes it is possible steroid use played a part in the Benoit family tragedy.

"Obviously, they were in his home. Let's face it. There's a pretty good chance he was on them and to discount that they didn't play a role, as far as with his temperament, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't that possibility," Luger told 11Alive's Valerie Hoff.

Luger is now a fitness and nutrition coach in Cobb County.

BILL GOLDBERG COMMENTS ON THE BENOIT TRAGEDY; SAYS A UNION IS NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER

I've said this many times before and unfortunately I'm not there to help it and I know Hogan did in the past, but by damn if this doesn't bring people to their feet and try to unionize this sport, it's never going to happen. It's never going to happen. It has to be somehow regulated for the boys. And unless a lot of the boys stand up to Vince and the powers-that-be, it's never going to happen. But that's my only solution.

BWAHAHAHA

Wasn't Hogan the guy who ratted out Jesse Ventura to Vince McMahon for trying to start a union in the mid-80s?

Wasn't Hogan the guy who ratted out Jesse Ventura to Vince McMahon for trying to start a union in the mid-80s?

He was. No one has done more to prevent a union from forming than Hulk Hogan.

I like the idea that a guy who smashes shit up isn't violent because he didn't go as far as beating up his wife. This thread is a classic.

:lol: True, true...

And Hitler wasn't much of a murderer because he didn't personally kill many people...!

Hitler didn't kill a single human being himself as much as is known.

WWE ATTORNEY JERRY MCDEVITT SAYS CHRIS & NANCY WERE DISCUSSING DANIEL'S PARENTING AND SCHOOLING IN DAYS BEFORE TRAGEDY

The Associated Press's latest story on the Benoit Family Tragedy provides more information, with Jerry Devitt's statement that Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy argued over caring for their "mentally retarded 7-year-old son." Daniel was diagnosed with Fragile X Syndrome years ago.

McDevitt said WWE has learned from friends that the Benoits were struggling to agree on where the boy should go to school. Nancy also wanted Chris to be home more often to help with the caring of their son, but stopped short of asking him to quit wrestling.

=======

I'm going to make an educated guess that they got into another discussion about this on Friday night, someone made a cross statement to the other, and something ensued. Nancy could have possibly said something like "You care more about wrestling than your son" or Benoit could have been chastising Nancy about her choice of schooling.

I have an autistic nephew, and I can tell you straight up that it's a hard thing to deal with as a parent. My sister is not the same person she was before. Something like seeing your child crying and seeing him not be able to tell you why is maddening that can really mess with your head if you don't know how to handle it.

An expert is finally speaking out:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fay...noitmagnum.html

Former professional wrestler Lex Luger who lives in the Metro Atlanta area told 11Alive News Wednesday that he is shocked and saddened by the death of Chris Benoit.

Police said Benoit killed himself after strangling his wife and smothering his 7-year-old son inside their Fayetteville home this past weekend.

Benoit and Luger were aquainted through wrestling but Luger told 11Alive's Valerie Hoff that the two had not seen each other in some time.

Luger said alcohol and drugs, including steroids, wreaked havoc on his own life for years before a jail chaplain converted him to Christianity. He said he believes it is possible steroid use played a part in the Benoit family tragedy.

"Obviously, they were in his home. Let's face it. There's a pretty good chance he was on them and to discount that they didn't play a role, as far as with his temperament, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't that possibility," Luger told 11Alive's Valerie Hoff.

Luger is now a fitness and nutrition coach in Cobb County.

Here's a Lex Luger interview about Benoit.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/arti...p;storyid=57831

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WRE...-06-27-17-51-25

Jun 27, 5:51 PM EDT

Wrestler and Wife Argued Over Child Care

By GREG BLUESTEIN

Associated Press Writer

ATLANTA (AP) -- In the days before pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed his wife and child and hanged himself, the couple argued over whether he should stay home more to take care of their mentally retarded 7-year-old son, an attorney for the wrestling league said Wednesday.

"I think it's fair to say that the subject of caring for that child was part of what made their relationship complicated and difficult, and it's something they were both constantly struggling with," said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment. "We do know it was a source of stress and consternation."

McDevitt said the wrestling organization learned from the couple's friends and relatives that the Benoits were struggling with where to send the boy to school since he had recently finished kindergarten.

He also said Benoit's wife didn't want him to quit wrestling, but she "wanted him to be at home more to care for the kid. She'd say she can't take care of him by himself when he was on the road."

The child suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, McDevitt said.

Over the past weekend, authorities said, Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his son and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine cable in the couple's suburban home. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Hitler didn't kill a single human being himself as much as is known.

He served in World War 1 though so it is likely. Plus he may have killed his mistress/wife before commiting suicide.

Former WWE Champion, WCW Champion, and co-worker of Chris Benoit, Bill Goldberg was on Sirius radio talking about the Benoit tragedy. These are his comments transcribed:

========

You know, I'm flabberghasted. I really am. At first report, your mind starts racing and you try to figure it out in your head "what could have gone wrong?" Then followed up by all the reports from different police agencies and the coroner report. You try to piece everything together and the more information I hear as an ex-friend and as a fan, the more disgusting the whole thing gets for me.

Being in the business, and I've always been one to say my mind, but being in the business can be a curse. If you can't handle it or you're presented with situations that can be overwhelming, then it's tough. Marrying within the business doubles that curse times two. I didn't know her (Nancy Benoit) very well to be perfectly honest with you, so I can't really pass judgment. The thing that I can say about Chris that I can only say about my dealings with him and what I saw, Chris was a consummate professional in the ring. Other than that, I didn't have a relationship with him outside of the ring. I can only go based upon what other people say. That being said, any positive that he did in the ring or anything prior to this tragic occurance happening is pretty much washed away by the fact that at the end of the day, this guy Benoit killed his son. Period. I've got a 1-year-old little boy at home and I've been trying to rationalize it in my head, trying to figure out what in God's name could have gone wrong. I'm not in his place. I was never in his place. I can't speak for anyone else. But what in God's name would bring you to a point where you would kill your own flesh and blood, in this case being his son? I'm not going to bash him. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to sit here and jump on the bandwagon of bashers, but I can only speak it how Bill Goldberg sees it.

I'm sick and tired of blacking out my web site to do a tribute to a fallen wrestler. I'm sick and tired of doing it. It shouldn't happen. I'm only 40 years old and these guys were in the business when I got in. Many of them are still in the business. Many of them are lifers. Many of them do it just for a business. But the fact is there have been way too many of them who have dropped over the past couple of years. I've said this many times before and unfortunately I'm not there to help it and I know Hogan did in the past, but by damn if this doesn't bring people to their feet and try to unionize this sport, it's never going to happen. It's never going to happen. It has to be somehow regulated for the boys. And unless a lot of the boys stand up to Vince and the powers-that-be, it's never going to happen. But that's my only solution.

the audio was here

Talk about Ironic

BROCKTON - In the days leading up to the slayings of his wife and daughter, Mark W. Benoit told police, his depression was building.

He couldn’t get Prozac, the antidepressant he had been taking, and he didn’t want to live, according to court papers.

He told police he ‘‘snapped.’’

Benoit, 42, told investigators he was worried that police would think he was ‘‘scum’’ when he confessed to the slayings, authorities say.

‘‘Benoit stated that he was sorry, but that they were better off because they never had any food and that they were always hungry,’’ state Trooper Robert F. Clements Jr. wrote in a report filed Friday in Brockton District Court.

A disheveled Benoit, wearing a hospital gown, appeared in Brockton District Court Friday morning to plead innocent to two counts of murder. As crying friends and relatives watched, Benoit was ordered by Judge Paul Dawley held without bail.

Benoit is accused of killing his wife, Cynthia, 41, and 9-year-old daughter Sarah Ann, in the family’s first-floor apartment at 112 Nilsson St. The family moved to Brockton after being evicted from a Norwell apartment for failure to pay rent.

Benoit told authorities he killed his wife first, then his daughter.

‘‘He did not want to leave his daughter alone with people because they can’t be trusted,’’ police quoted him as saying.

The bodies were found Thursday morning after Benoit called 911 at 9:45 a.m. In a 17-minute recorded talk with a civilian police call taker, Benoit said that ‘‘something bad’’ happened in the apartment and ‘‘my wife and daughter are dead,’’ Assistant District Attorney Courtney Cahill said.

In the apartment, police found a four-page, hand-written note by Benoit on his wife’s stomach, detailing reasons for the slaying, court papers noted. Other notes were found in the apartment indicating the suspect’s ‘‘displeasure with his wife and marriage.’’

On Thursday, Benoit was first taken to Brockton Hospital and then to Beth Israel Hospital in Boston for treatment of what authorities said appeared to be self-inflicted cuts. He was later released, held overnight at the Brockton police station and arraigned Friday.

Benoit told police he had been on Prozac, an antidepressant, but he ‘‘could not get his medicine’’ and he ‘‘snapped,’’ the prosecutor said.

‘‘He said he was sorry but they were better off,’’ Cahill told the judge.

In the recorded call to police Thursday morning and in two interviews with investigators, Benoit admitted to the killings and insisted he also tried to kill himself, according to court papers.

He told the Brockton police call taker, Robert Celia, that he needed ‘‘an ambulance ’cause I’m bleeding’’ and ‘‘they’re gonna throw the book at me when they get here,’’ according to the report filed with the court.

Benoit later told state troopers Clements and Anna Brookes in a recorded interview in the emergency room at Brockton Hospital that he ‘‘hurt everybody’’ in the house and choked them with his hands, according to the report.

In another taped interview, this time at Beth Israel hospital, Benoit told Trooper Frank Driscoll and Brockton officer Michael Bunker that ‘‘he thought we would think he was scum’’ and ‘‘was not sure what we wanted to hear,’’ according to the court papers.

Prozac and similar anti-depressants have been blamed for violent behavior as well as numerous medical side effects including nausea, hyperactivity, dizziness and fatigue.

But there has been no scientific evidence linking the drugs to aggressive behavior, suicide or homicides, according to pharmaceutical companies that make the drugs.

When Benoit stopped taking Prozac, why he stopped, and how long he had been taking the drug were not released. Attempts to reach his attorney Friday afternoon were not successful.

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2...news/news01.txt

I would really not wanna be named Benoit at this point in time