TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

I got 200 in bowling last night

Just wanted to share getting over 200 in bowling last night, as I've never done it before, got 180s and 190s but never the magical 200+ number, I'm so chuffed right now(yes I have no life :D )

My stories involving bowling are three things:

Chucking the ball so hard it sailed across the lane and landed in the lane next to me.

Playing air hockey in the arcade, losing, and throwing my... stick? Whatever you call it, the thing you hit the puck with, all the way across the alley.

Winning one of those claw machines for the only time in my life. A stuffed moose.

All before the age of ten.

Any tips? And 200 isnt bad at all for a casual bowler, that was 6 strikes and two spares

Nice, I can throw a 15 but I don't use it too often, I prefer a 12 just for the power I can get with it

At a certain age, they stop letting you do that, which I think is fucking ridiculous. That makes the game so much more fun.

I once went bowling when I was extremely wasted and scored an 8. Yes, an 8. I still haven't decided if that was a high or low point in my life.

Thank goodness the gutters were filled in, eh?

I have weird arms. They curve naturally that if I bowl 'correctly' the ball goes into the gutter halfway up the thing. So if I throw the ball where I am comfortable, I do decent, but damn if it doesn't drive the 'pros' crazy. Then they wander over and want to 'help' me.

I should be a better bowler than I am; my parents are really good (My Dad has a 220 avg.), but I'm just...not that great. It takes me a couple games to warm up, and once I'm warmed up, I'm decent for a game, and then my arm gets tired so I'm not any good for the last game. My high game is a 170, but my average is only around 115. I do kick ass in the bowling game on the Wii, though.

Since I went bowling last night, I figure I'll just go ahead and cop to the fact that I'm a terrible bowler, and the best score I've ever gotten is barely over 100. Having a few too many Budweisers didn't help. Yes, I know Budweiser sucks, but it was cheap, and it being a bowling alley, they didn't have much of a selection.

Also, bowling in a corset top and mini-skirt is definitely a good way to attract more attention from sweaty old rednecks than I ever wanted.

But seriously, if anyone takes me on at the air hockey or pool table, they get schooled.

Day before yesterday I was playing a bowling game in the arcade of a theater I went to. It had little prop cannonball sized bowling balls and you got like 15-20 minutes of five-frame games for a dollar. The last time I rolled the ball, it actually curved towards the pins and was going to hit them dead-on...right as the time ran out. The pins were literally lifted away RIGHT as the ball was going to hit them. A pox on that game...

Air hockey was my game. Kristi, do you hold the paddle on top with your hand or do you go for the "several fingers in the paddle's little moat-thingy"?

I typically just grip the top part. Don't want to ruin my manicure, ya know?

I think the next time I go bowling, I'm gonna see if they'll let me use the bumpers. A 25 year old woman with no children asking for bumpers should be funny enough on its own.

But seriously, if anyone takes me on at the air hockey or pool table, they get schooled.

My father is nasty at air hockey...its like the only recreational thing he did during his stint in the Marines. I learned not to play it with him because the dude knows how to shoot the puck just right to hit you in the knuckles whenever he wants. I would come home from arcades with my knuckles all bloody and bruised.

Also, bowling in a corset top and mini-skirt is definitely a good way to attract more attention from sweaty old rednecks than I ever wanted.

Tell me about it. :)

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad
Since I went bowling last night, I figure I'll just go ahead and cop to the fact that I'm a terrible bowler, and the best score I've ever gotten is barely over 100. Having a few too many Budweisers didn't help. Yes, I know Budweiser sucks, but it was cheap, and it being a bowling alley, they didn't have much of a selection.

In the words of Chuck Klosterman, this anecdote is profoundly depressing.

I'm incredibly inconsistent at bowling. I was on a 10 week league at school last year and I averaged a 136. My highest games ever are a 203, a 202, and two 187s. The game after the 203 (my first time breaking 200) I got like a 98. I hate how I just can't stay good.

I bowl in a league which starts soon!

Avg: 178

High Game: 245

16lb ball

I took a break last winter from the normal "large ball bowling" to try out candlepin...holy hell that shit sucks. Had like a 75 avg :(