Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Who would you prefer winning at SSlam?

Orton or Cena?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd you want to win?

• John Cena
    • Randy Orton

I'm not sure what the status of whether polls are allowed in the WWE folder as I never see them, but with this board seemingly split on the WWE title match at Summerslam, why don't we see what the members overall think?

Even if it's a case of the lesser of two evils, who's your personal preference?

I honestly don't see how there are those that still want to keep Cena as champion. The same tired act for the past year has gotten more than stale, and even though Orton is a complete shit-brick, we really need something new. I'm pulling for Orton to win.

Cena has been unstoppable against the big guys, Khali and Umaga. Orton has been knocking guys out for two months. (Basically re-hashing the commercial they run, oh well) But I think Cena needs a break, so Orton should kick him in the head, and give Cena some time off. It's time for a change, and Orton's only reign was short, and now has to be somewhat deleted due to the Benoit situation.

I think they missed a pretty good storyline going into the match, last night, by not having Orton give Cena the Concussion Kick after the 2 RKO's. We all know Cena would just "overcome the odds" and win, but it would have still added a little something extra to the match.

Where's the goddamn None Of The Above option? Or better yet, La Parka?

Ha.

I was actually considering some sort of L.A Park answer.

But I deliberately left out the NOTA option, as I wanted, even if it was the theory of the lesser of two evils, to find out exactly who people would prefer as Champion after this Sunday.

I honestly don't see how there are those that still want to keep Cena as champion. The same tired act for the past year has gotten more than stale, and even though Orton is a complete shit-brick, we really need something new. I'm pulling for Orton to win.

I feel exactly the same way. And the act has been tired for much more than a year.

I'm going with Cena. He's so close to hitting the 1 year mark, that now I want to see it done.

However, even if he retains here, Unforgiven is only day 364 of his reign, so he probably still won't get the year.

I'm going with Cena. He's so close to hitting the 1 year mark, that now I want to see it done.

I'd like to see Cena hit the one-year mark as well, but I don't think it'll happen.

I don't really care who wins at Summerslam, but an Orton title win would be good purely for the impact of finally having the WWE title change hands. With Cena having the belt for almost a year, a title change should be major news. If Orton wins the title at Summerslam, I can see him dropping it by Survivor Series because I don't see them trusting Orton with a Wrestlemania main event just yet.

Cena, I want the novelty of a 1 year plus champion. I think he can easily take out Savage's record of 371 Days. He's at 339 as of today. Survivor Series is the right time for him to drop the title.

I want Orton to win. Only cause I want to see HHH crush the life out of his worthless body once again.

Not to look to far ahead, but ler's say within due time HHH gets the belt again.

What if he held on to it for more than a year? Would you people HATE it or LOVE it?

Cena all the way. He should keep the belt until at least Wrestlemania.

Orton's kick people in the head gimmick has been nice, but he doesn't deserve the title.

Will a mod merge this with the other thread?

Orton.

They don't have a strong opposition for the inevitable "Oh my God, can Cena make it one full year as Champ" match at Unforgiven so what's the point? It's just the same thing over and over. Guy decides he wants to challenge Cena, attacks him, a few promos, a tag match maybe, run-in on non-title Cena win, Cena fends off challenge, rinse repeat. Aside from something new to say in a promo, Cena having to face somebody for the honour of being Champ for a year won't mean shit.

Plus if Orton loses, he's done. He's already being booked into oblivion twice. And whether you like him or not, in-ring or out, building a heel up for months only to turn him into just another failed challenger isn't good for business.

Cena. And I hate Cena. But Orton is a fucking maniac in the old 70s rock star sense, and not someone you want as the figurehead representing a multi-million dollar international corporation.

I want Cena to retain but not because I have anything against Orton. Cena's been working hard all year and I believe he deserves the 12 month reign. If you're going to have Cena overcome every odd ever, might as well let him have the year long reign before shaking it up.

I would have said Cena a couple of months ago, as I wanted the year-long reign. Not because he deserves it or anything, but because I enjoy the X-Pac heat he gets and I thought it would have built up to nuclear levels if he had held onto the belt that long.

But fuck, I'm really liking Orton now. The slight shift in his gimmick works so well, that I'm actually looking forward to Cena vs. Orton. The thing is, I'm not so sure it'll work so well when he's the No. 1 man, but I want to see if it will.

Orton by a mile. I'm so sick of cena having the belt and of his character that I literally want to turn the tv when he is on.

Despite the stuff backstage/attitude of randy orton. He has done a fantastic job of late. It seems rare now a days for someone to play the heel correctly but he does and I like it.

Orton winning opens the door for the logic that "You have to outsmart John Cena to beat him; that's why big muscular buffoons all fell but Orton emerged victorious".

Cena winning basically condemns Orton to a trip to Smackdown and the WHC from Batista, because as we all know Smackdown is the "I can't beat John Cena for the gold, but I can surely beat whatever Smackdown's got to offer!" brand.

Not to look to far ahead, but ler's say within due time HHH gets the belt again.

What if he held on to it for more than a year? Would you people HATE it or LOVE it?

A year? I'd hate a 1-day run for HHH.

I would have said Cena a couple of months ago, as I wanted the year-long reign. Not because he deserves it or anything

X

but because I enjoy the X-Pac heat he gets

XX