TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

The Office: Season 4

Guest Tsukuyomi
I'm disappointed that Dwight didn't compare himself to John Henry. Of course, he's actually better than John Henry, since he didn't die after beating the machine.

"Dwight Schrute was a paper-sellin' man..."

Why didn't the pizza boy just walk out the door when Michael said he couldn't leave?

Because he wants the money. He's not leaving without the 63 and change.

I meant he should've just taken the pizzas and walked out, like he said he was going to do when Michael refused to pay $63.

Why didn't the pizza boy just walk out the door when Michael said he couldn't leave?

Because he wants the money. He's not leaving without the 63 and change.

I meant he should've just taken the pizzas and walked out, like he said he was going to do when Michael refused to pay $63.

Which would have solved the problem that had arisen from ordering from the wrong pizza place in the first place. This was another example of Michael starting to become entirely too stupid, in my opinion, just like last week with the driving into a lake, which. It feels a bit like what happened to Homer Simpson, except in fast-forward.

It's not that I disliked the episode last night; Angela, Dwight, and Andy made it worthwhile (as did Phyllis, Ryan, Stanley, and Kelly to a lesser exent), but I'm quickly starting to find Michael just outright unbearable this season, and not in the funny way.

Phyllis' Wedding is probably the only episode that I don't like in the entire series. Michael just makes it excrutiating to watch.

I thought it was obvious that Michael was just projecting his feelings for Ryan on the similarly snot-nosed pizza kid. And with all Michael has been dealing with (Jan spending all of his money when he's already in debt, Ryan changing shit up rapidly), they're setting him up for an explosion sometime this season.

Exactly. I'll agree he's more off-the-wall this season, but look at the circumstances. He's trapped in a relationship he's already acknowledged is awful and is now taking orders from the guy he always fancied as his pupil, regardless of how untrue that was. If this doesn't lead to some huge breakdown/outburst at some point this season, I'll retract my support for the direction they seem to be taking Michael in. Until then, I have enough faith in the writing staff that all of this is building towards something.

Anyone else catch the really quick bit in the cold open where Michael called "colored paper" "collard paper", a throwback to Diversity Day, the second episode of the series. :lol:

andydwightdancexo6.gif

That whomever discussion was great.

"Well, I used whomever as an object"

"Ryan used me as an object"

"Toby, nobody asked you, so whomever you are, why dont you stick a letter opener in your skull?"

Guest Tsukuyomi

This is just a... surreal episode. This isn't working much for me. While it's funny... it's not The Office. Does anyone remember when entire episodes would take place and they would go anywhere else? And why are these guys

But that aside...

It's an okay episode. Mose is always funny, but the BnB stuff didn't work for me. It's funny to see Michael being the big man on the sales floor, even if he isn't making any sales. Darryl and Kelly is inspired. And it's good to see Ryan actually exercising his power.

Oh, and Jan's a bitch.

This episode had some damn funny moments (Kelly being confused by honesty, Michael announcing bankruptcy.) Kind of a depressing episode too, though it's good to see Dwight moving on. It probably won't last, but oh well...

"Don't sell you're implants please..."

The first half wasn't anything special, but the the last half hour was really good.

"Where is this train taking us?"

"I think the engineer left."

The Whoever / Whomever discussion wins it. "Michael's right, it's a made up word to trick students".

I enjoyed seeing Michael have friends at his telemarketing job. This was an all around good episode.

I agree with Mik; I've definitely laughed harder at other episodes, but this one was really good, and I enjoyed it the whole way through.

Yeah, it wasn't gut-bustingly hilarious, but it was one of those episodes that shows you there are some damn good writers on that show.

I dunno the opening with Micheal being a Diva to Pam, and then apologizing calling her... [insert Irish Name from Million Dollar Baby] and her switching from elation to figuring out which movie he's watching to, "He's going to try and kill me" had me laughing through the commercial break.

Kelly/Darryl back and forth was funny as well.

Also, how can you not love, Mose don't throw the manure?

Last week's episode seems polarizing... people either love it or don't (I've seen it called both "the best of the episodes aired" and "the weakest of the season"). I'm in the weakest camp and thought last night's was much better.

I also thought last night was better then the previous week. Aside from the funny moments that had already been listed it had some really nice genuine "serious" moments like Dwight and Jim's talk leading to Jim almost crying himself when he realized what his life was like when he was depressed over Pam. Also dug the brief shot of Jan and Michael's feet swinging from the train and hey, who doesn't love Italian food?

I could be wrong but when Jim and Pam were thinking back to the night at the farm and they showed the brief glimpse into their room in the morning had they pushed the two double beds together?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I've been sleeping 12 hours a night all week, so I missed the episode and have been trying to watch it on nbc.com, with little luck. it keeps freezing up. I've been watching this since 9 in the morning.

Having a read of The Office forums this episode seems mostly loved but a few really hated it.

I have to say if you didnt like last nights episdoe then you are watching The Office for the wrong reasons or you dont fully understand what the show is about.

If Gervais and Merchant had to write another episode after the christmas specially with Tim and Dawn together this would be it. The episode had heart and most importantly the jokes were sutble and character based, in keeping with the British version. On the face of it the episode seemed a downer BUT that is the complete opposite of what the episdoe was trying to convay (see the Micheal/Jan chat, the first time in the whole of the US version he has been cared for, also the fact that the people in his other job acually LIKED HIM is a HUGE moment in Micheal Scott's arc that people just seem to have passed over without a second thought.

The smile between Jim and Pam after seeing Dwight back to his old self was another great moment, JAM really care about Dwight, yes they prank him but they know he is not a bad person, just like Tim/Dawn and Garath at the end of the Christmas British version.

Easily in the top 5 episodes of The Office ever.

Guest Tsukuyomi

Maybe the best episode of the season, but top 5 ever? I'm really not sure about that.

I like the character development, but the 'chasing the train' thing is a bit too... childish. I like seeing the characters developed, but I'd like to see it in a less ridiculous way. Michael hitting up his office workers for money, and still trying to hide his incompetence? That's funny. Michael getting a second job and then trying to hop a train to escape debt? Too much. Admittedly, the second job wasn't too bad, but the train is just over the top.

Personally, Pam and Jim's new attachment and understanding of Dwight was probably the best part of the episode. They've constantly harassed him throughout the series, to see them honestly empathize with him is a nice change. The smile from Jim after Dwight reasserted his desktop was great.