TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

I don't suppose anyone notices the startling similarities to ROH's recent Project 161 Storyline...

I don't suppose.

And as much as Jericho is the man, this won't make me watch RAW anytime soon... He'll just be jobbing to Carlito in a month anyway.

What's this Project 161 you speak of? I haven't really been keeping up with ROH much lately.

God damn, might just be better to read on the ROH boards, or in the post about here in the Indy section. Long story short it was a "viral marketing campaign" started on the ROH boards, pretending to be out of kayfabe, with blog postings and weird eerie pictures and stuff, all talking about "161" and Chicago on Sept 15th (ROH's 161st show.) And on that date (PPV taping) they revealed themselves as Jimmy Jacobs' new faction, sort of an uber-sick Raven's Flock. It's all over the video wire, with him standing under Jay Briscoe as blood rains down on him, drinking it, etc... Along with Tyler Black, Lacey and Necro Butcher,

The eerie pictures are now at http://www.ageofthefall.com/

The blog is at http://projectonesixone.blogspot.com/

It was brilliant and kept everyone guessing, passing out weird half-assed underground leaflets at shows, occasionally showing up in the crowd with a megaphone to yell "project 161" and then disappear. Stuff like that.

Yeah, just got done watching the videos and reading the posts about it. Holy shit. Probably my favorite wrestling angle in a long time, then again, I mark out like a little bitch for well thought out angles like this.

I'd also like to throw D-Lo's name into the hat as well.

D-Lo or Jericho are my two choices for right now.......wait no no, I just came up with a third choice....God.

I'd also like to throw D-Lo's name into the hat as well.

D-Lo or Jericho are my two choices for right now.......wait no no, I just came up with a third choice....God.

[Rex] Trick question...Jericho is God [/Rex]

*wonders if anyone will get that joke*

It's the first ad, and all of you are saying if it ain't Jericho or if it's someone new from OVW... it's going to be a letdown. Give me a fucking break you pessimistic crybabies and let it develop. No fucking patience in anything.

Hes growing the same type beard as Jericho had at least..which is why I thought they sorta looked kinda similar..

carlitowu9.jpg

cj28un7.jpg

Wow, who is who?

Good thing Marvin has HD or he might never be able to tell them apart.

Airheads?

No offense to D'Lo, but if it turns out to be him then nobody will give a shit. Anyone but Jericho will be seen as a letdown.

So in your world, everyone expects it to be Jericho?

So if Jericho does come back what should they do with him first? Do they play off the fact that it was Cena that ran Jericho out of the fed and go from there and have them fued? Or should they forget all about it and start fresh with something else?

Airheads?

No offense to D'Lo, but if it turns out to be him then nobody will give a shit. Anyone but Jericho will be seen as a letdown.

Honestly, just about everyone expects it to be Jericho. I mean in the commercial a voice clearly says something to the effect of "I'm back!" which rules out anyone new making their debut. The only other options are Sid Vicious or D'Lo (with an off chance of it being Shawn Michaels), and I doubt its them. And back in July, Jericho all but confirmed he was coming back soon.

And not that he's always right, but Dave Meltzer certainly believes it's Jericho. From todays Wrestling Observer update: "Interesting how Chris Jericho's book signing tour has no dates scheduled on Mondays. I guess that tells you the brand he's going to, because he does have signings on Tuesdays. " And in his hype for the next WO Newsletter: "We've got more on Chris Jericho, including his situation as it regards his comeback and when the current angle was put together. "

Airheads?

Hell, I don't even think a lot of the people watching even KNEW it was a hype video for a wrestler.

I didn't the first time, I FFed right past it, and I know a couple other people who did as well.

I'm wondering if it can be Bret Hart. There has been talk of he and Anvil possibly coming in to debut the Hart Foundation 2.0. I know not much adds up to Hart, but hey, why not?

What? No. Why does someone always think Bret is behind something. You guys got his goodbye.

Because no one is expecting it. Once in a blue moon Vince pulls out a surprise, mind you they are few and FAR between.

Anyone subscribed to F4W? I read Bryan saying he was going to discuss it.

But by that carny code, it probably meant 'I'll find out next week or whenever Dave tells me'

Hes growing the same type beard as Jericho had at least..which is why I thought they sorta looked kinda similar..

carlitowu9.jpg

cj28un7.jpg

FinnishMissSwan.jpg

"He Look Like a Man!"

And if this Save_us.222 is Jericho, it may prompt me to watch again. (Raw, not MadTV)

Its too elaborate to be one of the suspended wrestlers who has only been gone a month.

That's what I was thinking, but then I remembered all the times WWE has gone to alot of effort to hype something, and then it turns out to be nothing major. I agree with you that it's not one of the suspended wrestlers, but I don't think it's Jericho or any other top star either.

Never watch MadTV.

Mad TV > SNL.

Yeah, maybe 10 years ago. Mad TV is a joke now.

which makes SNL....

not as big of a joke.

BTW O & A rock dude. I wish they were still on air here in columbus.

Never watch MadTV.

Mad TV > SNL.

No matter what, SNL is still > Mad TV.

However, these days that's like saying syphillis > AIDS, you still want to avoid both.

I always thoughtit would be a cool idea thattheyhad jericho return at the royal rumble as a mystery person and while they're doing the countdown from 10 at the # 4 it turned into the jericho countdown

Thats like the awsome-ist idea ever.