TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

Just what Raw needs - another big name. And over on SD! we have Batista the friggin champ again, with Khali, Mark Henry and Undertaker as his challengers. If an Non-McMahon was filling Stephanie's role as head of creative they would have been fired a long time ago. It's the writing that sucks, stupid.

Only way I'll be at all excited about a Jericho return is if he has a secure spot on the writing committee and Hogan-like control of his character.

Didn't Teddy Hart say on his myspace that he was heading up to a main roster in October? Could this be a Hart Foundation 2.0 debut promo? Or is it Jericho or bust?

I've seen news stories that WWE is offering Jericho a seven figure deal. All dirt-sheets should be taken with a grain of salt, but just saying, I don't think they'll have HHH 'berry' him if that's the case.

I've seen news stories that WWE is offering Jericho a seven figure deal. All dirt-sheets should be taken with a grain of salt, but just saying, I don't think they'll have HHH 'berry' him if that's the case.

So naive, so naive.

Anyways, I'd die laughing if the message was "Save us 420".

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned Sid as a possibility.

The "I'm Back" sounds much too sinister to be Jericho (although it would be great to see him back).

Obviously it's not The Rock, and I won't even give myself false fantasy hope...

So...I would say that it might be a promo for a new wrestler...but the "I'm Back" part contradicts that.

So...Sid...Jericho...

I thought the Sid rumors were killed when he told them he wouldn't pass the wellness tests? Jericho's Pro-WWE stance during the heat of the Benoit coverage probably earned him at least a 3 month reprieve from HHH "burial".

I'd like to get interested in this, and it does seem like something interesting, but the problem is that this deal will end in one of two ways. WWE will either fuck it up out of incompetence, or ego will get in the way and it'll be kept in the midcard while the real stars stay on top. The inevitable aside, if it's Sid, then he'll get the big nostalgia pop on his return and then mean less and less with each passing week. If it's Jericho, then he'll get huge reactions until Hunter decides he wants Jericho to be his bitch again.

I thought the Sid rumors were killed when he told them he wouldn't pass the wellness tests?

Shouldn't all he need to pass is a friendly doctor?

Just what Raw needs - another big name. And over on SD! we have Batista the friggin champ again, with Khali, Mark Henry and Undertaker as his challengers. If an Non-McMahon was filling Stephanie's role as head of creative they would have been fired a long time ago. It's the writing that sucks, stupid.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Plus I don't remember the when or if Jericho was ever on SD so they'd have some fresh people to feud with.

I do like that for the time being, they opted not to do the usual "HE'S BACK!" video hype packages as they did with HHH and Mysterio. Jericho debuted with that mysterious countdown and this would suit him well to return in this fashion with more of these themed videos. Sid would work best if he just showed up out of nowhere, did his powerbomb spot on either the heels he's laying to waste, poses and doesn't come back. Do this every 6 months and you got another Hogan act.

Its too elaborate to be one of the suspended wrestlers who has only been gone a month.

Sid-Jericho-DLo

I'd be happy to see any of them personally. And whoever it is will be on Raw. Vince doesn't think the other two shows have any real effect on business.

Guest Bigelow34

Isn't USA breathing down their necks? I know Vince has always seen Raw as the flagship anyway, but I think a lot of this stunt casting, McMahon overload, soap opera stuff and roster loading is due to the pressure by Bonnie Hammer.

I'd be happy to see any of them personally. And whoever it is will be on Raw. Vince doesn't think the other two shows have any real effect on business.

I'm suprised to see that Taker has been on Smackdown as long as he has. I figured Taker and Batista would be on Raw by now.

I wonder how the WWE feels knowing that CM Punk, Matt Hardy, and MVP are more entertaining than HHH, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Batista.

Not complete gibberish. There's the obvious "Save Us" but there's names and abbreviated names of WWE shows and former shows (Raw, Raw is War, Heat, Livewire, Smack(Down)) "Akked" is probably "Jakked", WM99 could be Wrestle Mania '99 (or 15), "Survivor" is probably a Survivor Series reference, and I think some other stuff, I can't remember.

Project 222!

So, it's pretty obvious who it is, but the whole 'Save Us' part is interesting. Are they going to bring Jericho back in his original gimmick, vowing to save the WWE?

Thinking about that, Jericho certainly has seen his character change over the years. From "saviour" Jericho to Smartass face, to angry face, to undisputed champion, to angry heel to heel turned face in love with Trish to........ I can't really remember his last run's character well.

If the "save us" Jericho returns I will mark out.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla come back for another run, he was one baaaaaaddd mama jama if I remember correctly.

I'm suprised to see that Taker has been on Smackdown as long as he has. I figured Taker and Batista would be on Raw by now.

I wonder how the WWE feels knowing that CM Punk, Matt Hardy, and MVP are more entertaining than HHH, John Cena, Randy Orton, and Batista.

.....In your humble opinion......

--Much of the speculation regarding the SaveUs.222 clip that played last night on Raw for 10/7 (the No Mercy show) revolves around it being the return of Chris Jericho. 7Oct is text in the clip (the day of No Mercy) and cd_volume4_1.act and the fist track on WWF The Music Volume 4 is Jericho's theme music. The time works out perfectly with his book coming out, it would be the time he'd want his presence back on television. If nothing else, the hints are designed to make people think it's Jericho, and in this case, it seems to add up.

Chris Jericho just updated his myspace account with the headline, "I'm Coming Back!!"

If it is Jericho it's probably going to be a "non-wrestling-chance-to-plug-my-book" type of deal. He doesn't look anywhere close to "in-ring" shape as was mentioned here earlier.

If it is Jericho it's probably going to be a "non-wrestling-chance-to-plug-my-book" type of deal. He doesn't look anywhere close to "in-ring" shape as was mentioned here earlier.

In an interview Jericho did with the Baltimore Sun back in July, they asked him if he would return for special appearances, and here's what he said:

Q: When you do come back, do you want to work a full schedule again or do you want to be a guy who kind of comes and goes and makes special appearances?

A: No, that’s not me. I’m “go hard or go home.” When I left, I never said I was retiring. I just said I needed a break and I said when the time was right and I could come back better than ever, I would. When I come back, it’s to come back and make a difference and to play the game. I don’t really think guys coming in for special appearances and leaving really helps. If you come in for one show every two or three months, it’s a good nostalgia thing, but you really can’t make any forward progress. You might as well just come out and wave at the crowd like an ex-president at a parade and then disappear. If I come back, it’s to do what I do best and become one of the biggest names in wrestling again.

Source: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wre..._jericho_1.html

Guest joshtothemaxx

A lot of this evidence looks coincidental. The Joshua 2:2 thing is random and feels like some bull shit Bible code stuff. The only thing that has really convinced me is the Volume 4 thing. That's pretty solid. I can't find it in the clip, but it's obvious.

But to back myself up a little, there's at least 2 pretty clear references to Wrestlemania '99/15 in there, and clearly Jericho wasn't on the card.

One I did check up on, there is the text "RAW_REV_MAY2" in there. There's only been 2 episodes of Raw on May 2nd: 2005 and 1994. In 2005, Jericho didn't do much; he lost to Edge in the next to last match of the night (the last match was Benoit beating HHH, neato).

But yeah, I'm convinced the rest of the command lines outside of SAVE_US.222 was just crap pulled from some WWE database and chucked in there to look Matrix-like.

Bah what's the use speculating. If it isn't the 2 guys mentioned before (Sid or Jericho) then I don't give a fuck.

In an interview Jericho did with the Baltimore Sun back in July, they asked him if he would return for special appearances, and here's what he said:

Q: When you do come back, do you want to work a full schedule again or do you want to be a guy who kind of comes and goes and makes special appearances?

A: No, that’s not me. I’m “go hard or go home.” When I left, I never said I was retiring. I just said I needed a break and I said when the time was right and I could come back better than ever, I would. When I come back, it’s to come back and make a difference and to play the game. I don’t really think guys coming in for special appearances and leaving really helps. If you come in for one show every two or three months, it’s a good nostalgia thing, but you really can’t make any forward progress. You might as well just come out and wave at the crowd like an ex-president at a parade and then disappear. If I come back, it’s to do what I do best and become one of the biggest names in wrestling again.

Source: http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wre..._jericho_1.html

Saying and doing are two different things, ESPECIALLY in wrestling.

fuck dudes, I can't wait til they reveal McMahon's illegitimate kid...oh yeah, hopefully they reveal the higher power soon too! Hey, maybe it's the hummer driver? maybe it's Sarataker's stalker? Hey, what do you suppose is in that giant egg?

JERICHO UPDATE

by Dave Scherer @ 8:45:26 PM on 9/25/2007

To follow up an earlier item, two readers have sent word to say that Chris Jericho has recently said he doesn't have a MySpace page, which would mean anything posted on the page claiming to be his isn't true. Honestly, I hate MySpace and don't know who is and isn't legit there so take the whole thing for what it's worth.