TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2008

They also might have Batista and HHH induct Flair together...

Of course there are numerous people that should induct Flair over HHH, but the odds of them actually doing so are slim to none. AA would be perfect, but I don't think the WWE would him do it considering that HHH wants to be part of the big moment.

Sting is an obvious no.

I think Hogan has more history with Flair, but the more recent fans won't remember and WILL remember Flairs time with HHH in Evolution.

Regardless, whoever inducts Flair is going to be totally overshadowed by The Rock making an appearance...but I think in the wrestling world, Rock one of the only three guys who are above Flair, the other two being Austin and Hogan.

I just find it funny that no matter what, HHH will never be seen as being on that top plateau with Hogan, Austin and Rock.

Uh, Triple H was Flair's best man at his wedding, from what I recall. I'm pretty sure Flair would have no problem being inducted by him, at any rate, despite what a bunch of people on the internet adamantly believe.

I just find it funny that no matter what, HHH will never be seen as being on that top plateau with Hogan, Austin and Rock.

While Austin and Rock will never be on the top plateau with Hogan, but that's the way the business goes :ph34r:

In their day, the Briscos were a great team. Jack was even a 2-time NWA World champion. There's more to Jerry aka Gerald than being one of Vince's stooges during the Attitude days.

That's the one thing that bothers me about when Vince uses the older wrestlers sometimes. He makes them look rather foolish and it seems to take away from what they did in the past. Lawler is a perfect example. In his prime, "The King" was a solid wrestler and I'd put his matches against Terry Funk, Austin Idol, and Eddie Gilbert up there with any classics of today. Yet, all fans probably know of him today is how he acts like he just hit puberty when the divas come to the ring.

Well, that's because Jerry has been doing that role for 15 years and WWE makes a good effort to put over their past with the dvd releases and stuff on 24/7. He's still put over as a great wrestler to this day on Raw telecasts.

And to be fair, any time Lawler does wrestle a heel on Raw he's put over tremendously (some would say too much) and usually gets tremendous heat (see his stuff with Booker prior to the latter's departure).

Lawler would be without several million dollars if he indeed never came to the WWF in late 92. Last time I saw his contract info, he was making like $130,000 a year.

So, the inductees look like this:

Flair being inducted by HHH

Mae Young being inducted by Stephanie McMahon

Rocky Johnson and Peter Maivia being inducted by The Rock

Eddie Graham being inducted by Dusty Rhodes

Who inducts The Brisco Brothers? Pat Patterson? Someone else?

Also, if they announce Gordon Solie tonight, is it a given that Jim Ross will induct him?

Finally, who makes the broadcast? It's certain that Flair, Mae Young, and Rocky/Peter Maivia will, but usually it's four inductees on the show. Do the Brisco Brothers, Graham, or Solie get the spot or do they just do three on the actual broadcast?

Besides me, I don't know, but does everyone think this class is being overshadowed by The Rock's return? This could really turn out to be a one man show. Unless of course, HHH is there and has a say. It would be funny to see HHH slide in a jab at Rock while he's doing the Flair induction speech.

Besides me, I don't know, but does everyone think this class is being overshadowed by The Rock's return? This could really turn out to be a one man show. Unless of course, HHH is there and has a say. It would be funny to see HHH slide in a jab at Rock while he's doing the Flair induction speech.

I'd imagine they'll have Rocky Johnson/Peter Maivia's induction open the broadcast, and Flair's induction will close it. I do hope, however, HHH wouldn't stoop low enough to point of talking smack against The Rock during Flair's induction.

So, anyone think Rock and Cena will have a confrontation or showdown tonight? At least The Rock gives Cena a piece of his mind after getting trashed a few weeks ago by him?

Latest last minute HOF notes from Dave:

The Hall of Fame will air on the Internet from 7:30 p.m. but not the inductions of Rocky Johnson, Peter Maivia or Ric Flair, which are saved for tape delay on USA at 11 p.m.

Based on what we know, here is the deal:

Mae Young inducted by Stephanie McMahon-Levesque.

Jack & Jerry Brisco inducted by ?

Eddie Graham inducted by Dusty Rhodes, accepted by Mike Graham

Gordon Solie inducted by Jim Ross, accepted by Solie's children

Rocky Johnson inducted by Dwayne Johnson

Peter Maivia inducted by Dwayne Johnson. I believe it will be accepted by his wife Lia and/or daughter Ata, but that hasn't been confirmed to me

Ric Flair inducted by HHH

Latest last minute HOF notes from Dave:

The Hall of Fame will air on the Internet from 7:30 p.m. but not the inductions of Rocky Johnson, Peter Maivia or Ric Flair, which are saved for tape delay on USA at 11 p.m.

Based on what we know, here is the deal:

Mae Young inducted by Stephanie McMahon-Levesque.

Jack & Jerry Brisco inducted by ?

Eddie Graham inducted by Dusty Rhodes, accepted by Mike Graham

Gordon Solie inducted by Jim Ross, accepted by Solie's children

Rocky Johnson inducted by Dwayne Johnson

Peter Maivia inducted by Dwayne Johnson. I believe it will be accepted by his wife Lia and/or daughter Ata, but that hasn't been confirmed to me

Ric Flair inducted by HHH

One site, I forget which, is reporting JBL is inducting the Brisco Brothers.

I'd also imagine Peter Maivia's wife would accept for her husband.

Guest Locutus
Is anyone watching this on WWE.com?

As of 7:40 it hasnt started yet for me.

7:45 now, and still nothing for me either.

Well, it's buffering for me, finally. That's something.

Does anyone know if the show will be available for viewing on the site later on? I'm about to leave, and I would like to see the ceremony in its entirety rather than just the last hour I'm recording from the TV broadcast.