TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The NBA Offseason Thread

I wonder what the Warriors do now. Between losing Baron, Calderon and Udrih agreeing to return to their teams and Arenas likely to do the same, that takes all the PGs that are worth a damn off the market. Do they make a trade, or try to shoehorn Monta Ellis into the spot?

The Clippers, on the other hand, are going to be downright scary if they can stay healthy. Kaman, Brand, Thornton, Mobley, Baron with Gordon, Ross, Brevin Knight, Tim Thomas off the bench, plus whatever they end up getting for Maggette, who I think will finally be moved.

The Clippers, on the other hand, are going to be downright scary if they can stay healthy. Kaman, Brand, Thornton, Mobley, Baron with Gordon, Ross, Brevin Knight, Tim Thomas off the bench, plus whatever they end up getting for Maggette, who I think will finally be moved.

Actually the Clippers won't be able to sign and trade Maggette because they would have to renounce their rights to him to sign Baron Davis.

Maggette now can only sign with most teams for the mid-level, only the Warriors, Grizzlies and Sixers could pay him more.

Well, at least they realized they needed a point guard as bad as any team in the league -- I also wonder if they'll have the patience to start Gordon right away and have Mobley in the wings in case he fails.

The Clips just went gained that "elite aura" after the recent depth chart I just read. They have 15 players on the roster, and that's before the Maggette trade.

So a few sources have the Wizards offering Arenas $120 million or more on a 6-year deal. That strikes me as an awful lot to burn on a guy who missed almost all of last season and hasn't yet shown that he's still great. I guess the idea is that they can be top-flight if Jamison, Butler, and Arenas all stay uninjured, but they've each gotten plenty banged up over the last three years.

In other news, Baron Davis and his agent were asking for a four year 13 mill per year contract from the Warriors. They didn't want to give him more than 2 years at the same price.

SO....they could have had Baron Davis for 50 mill, but instead opted to try and sign arenas for over a 100.

What the fuck were they thinking?

Fuck... Clippers got Baron Davis... I feel warm. This is gonna be awesome, Brand/Davis when healthy are going to be the next great guard/forward combo for the NBA. Baron Fuckin' Davis.

So the Rockets are chasing Brent Barry and are possibly looking into Sam Cassell and Robert Horry--all the while (apparently) not offering Corey Maggette anything.

Yeah, that'll get them out of the first round. Fragile Yao, fragile McGrady...no solid 3rd scoring option. All hail mediocrity.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Maggette sign with Boston, he says he would love to and would take a pay cut (settle for the MLE) to come here and win. Would he be a big upgrade over Posey?

Maggette has a serious problem with not being a starter. He will not go to Boston or any other team that puts him on the bench.

The Knicks may be off the hook for the Jerome James contract...ESPN is saying that Dallas is bringing back DeSagana Diop for the full MLE. WTF.

The Knicks may be off the hook for the Jerome James contract...ESPN is saying that Dallas is bringing back DeSagana Diop for the full MLE. WTF.

Any details?

I mean off the hook as far as the whole "worst contract in basketball" thing goes.

It's amazing reading the feedback on ESPN, and seeing the number of Mavs fans that seem totally unaffected by the fact that they are giving their full MLE to DeSagana Diop.

The Warriors are attempting some Hutchinson/Burleson vengeance and have offered Elton Brand a multi-year max deal. Amusement reigns.

I'm a little disappointed the Cavs didn't try to work out some kind of sign and trade for Davis, even if they don't really have anyone another team would want. The thought of a LeBaron double-mega-beard team is too facially awesome to deny.

It's amazing reading the feedback on ESPN, and seeing the number of Mavs fans that seem totally unaffected by the fact that they are giving their full MLE to DeSagana Diop.

Don't doubt the power of Baby Shaq

fuck not this take a paycut like Patriot shit.

at least you can rest easy knowing that kind of attitude will never flow into the Bruins. Players will most likely always take a paycut to get the fuck out

fuck not this take a paycut like Patriot shit.

at least you can rest easy knowing that kind of attitude will never flow into the Bruins. Players will most likely always take a paycut to get the fuck out

Good one?

Chara took less money to go to Boston. So did Savard. Ryder just picked the Bruins over five other teams who were going after him hard.

I am Antoine Walker. Awesome. It was the 90% selfishness that put it over the top.

I got Walker too. It's good to know I'm not the only 90% selfish person here.

Maggette doesn't WANT to take a pay cut. he just knows that when the Clippers signed Davis and probably are going to resign brand, that they can't negotioate a sign and trade with anyone because they won't be able to take back the salaries. So he will pretty much have to sign for the MLE or sign with the Sixers, who seem to want to put all their money into a PF. So basically he has his choice of teams to go to for the MLE.

Well...except for Dallas....who used their on fucking Diop.