TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The NBA Offseason Thread

Guest Smues
Oh, give me a fucking break.

nba_dream_redeem_vwtop.jpg

Oh fuck a bunch of that. I'm very happy Team U.S.A. got the gold, but the Dream Team they are not.

I was shocked to see that, and then when I went to read another article on it, I saw Wayman Tisdale had part of his leg amputated today. Bad day for 80s/90s NBA players. As someone who had all the cards and knew weird things about just about every player from that era, between these and Vincent Askew getting arrested for "To Catch a Predator" like acts the past few weeks have been strange.

Knicks trade Fred Weis for Patrick Ewing Jr.

Yeah.

That trade will be worth it just to hear the PA guy call out Paaaaaa-trick Ew-ing one more time.

Looking forward to the Heat season this year, I think. Wade played fantastic basketball at the Olympics, and with the additions of like, Chalmers and Beasely, there's so much potential there.

Cleveland might be entertaining to watch as well. We'll see. October can't come soon enough.

Sources: Chalmers, Arthur caught with marijuana at rookie camp

March Madness heroes Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were thrown out of the NBA's rookie transition program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room with marijuana, according to several sources.

"They were sent home for violating program rules," NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

Sources said Chalmers and Arthur, who starred on the Kansas Jayhawks' 2008 NCAA championship team, were also fined $20,000 apiece and will start the regular season on the suspended list. But McIntyre would not confirm that.

"We're still looking into it," McIntyre said. "Once we have all the details, appropriate sanctions will be taken."

The players were caught by NBA security at the Doral Arrowwood resort in Rye Brook, N.Y., where 69 of the league's rookies arrived last night for the four-day seminar in which coaches, referees and former players speak about adapting to the league.

Chalmers, who sank the game-tying, buzzer-beating 3-pointer that forced overtime in Kansas' 75-68 championship victory over Memphis, was drafted 34th by Minnesota. He was quickly traded to Miami, where he is expected to vie for the starting point guard position after playing well during summer league. Chalmers played three seasons for the Jayhawks.

Arthur, also an early-entry candidate who played two years at Kansas, was a sympathetic figure on draft night. Roundly believed to have lottery-type talent, Arthur sank to the 27th spot after erroneous rumors of a health problem circulated throughout the league.

Then, after being selected by New Orleans, the 6-foot-9 forward was traded to Portland, then Houston, before finally settling in Memphis.

Per league policy, Chalmers and Arthur will have to attend the program again next season.

Glad I'm not the only one not digging the OKC team's look.

I mean, if you're going to do "Thunder," shouldn't the logo/uni's be black/grey/white with silver alternates or something? At least do blue/grey/black and rip off the old WCW Thunder logo.

thunderlogo.jpg >>>> thunder2.jpg

I know what you mean, but too many teams have a blue/grey combo as part of their color scheme.

That said, you are completely write that WCW Thunder completely owns this mess.

Glad I'm not the only one not digging the OKC team's look.

I mean, if you're going to do "Thunder," shouldn't the logo/uni's be black/grey/white with silver alternates or something? At least do blue/grey/black and rip off the old WCW Thunder logo.

thunderlogo.jpg >>>> thunder2.jpg

I would imagine that the "few" are people that actually like this shit. There's probably D-League teams with better names, logos, and uniforms than this.

Guest דניא&#15
I mean, if you're going to do "Thunder," shouldn't the logo/uni's be black/grey/white with silver alternates or something?

The Spurs would object.

This is like a generic Madden create-a-team logo, but it's real. I wish only failure on the erstwhile Supersonics.

I guess if you wanted to incorporate blue, it would be hard to not look like the Magic, but you could still do black/silver without looking like the Spurs. Just go for a more "Raiders" look and downplay the white. And if you make sure the font's different, and there wouldn't even be any confusion for the white home jerseys.

I'm of the mindset that a team's logo and/or colors should somehow reflect their name and/or city. OKC has failed in every possible way here.

Guest דניא&#15

Teams that are old or in huge cities are pretty much grandfathered in and don't have to do anything fancy, like the Lakers, Pistons, and Knicks. Teams in smaller towns or newer teams should reflect the name or city. The Jazz did a really good job of making themselves look like a Salt Lake City-based team in the mid-'90s before they pissed it away to just wear navy blue. The Supersonics wore green for Seattle being the Emerald City (I think) and used to hve either the skyline or the Space Needle as a logo. This Thunder thing? What is this?

It took me years to get over being pissed at the Jazz' Mountain logo. Color me old school, I loved the Music Note J.

Technically they have purple as the shadow, sorta.