TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - December 2008

Yeah, it's probably because they wanted to put the IC belt on Punk, they couldn't have him defend the IC championship and the tag titles at the same time...By having the tag title change hands quietly it doesn't really hurt Punk at all, I guess...

Not saying it cuz he's Jamaican, just cuz Punk's straight edge.

I really didn't think either of them would be down with that kind of thing.

Hopefully they just dropped the belts cuz Punk's getting the IC title.

If this is Wellness related, I'm pretty sure they would have at least waited two days to have them drop the belts on Raw. There's gotta be more to this.

Having them lose the Tag Titles so Punk could win the IC title makes no sense. As if a guy has never held two belts before? They could have just as easily lost the tag titles on TV next week.

I wish they'd done the Best Impression Slammy on Raw so they could have had four separate boxes on screen, each with a different Charlie Haas looking pensive or hopeful.

I was thinking along the same lines with a shot of Charlie Haas backstage with his fingers crossed going "Please, please, please..." and jumping for joy out of shock once he won.

While I'm psyched for Miz & Morrison...

Pretty shitty title reign for Punk and Kofi. Like Rock/Taker bad. In the end, it's like "Why did we make these guys the champs?".

It could be nothing at all, and they're just doing something similar to what they did with, I think London and Kendrick a year or so ago, where they just wanted a title change at an "Overseas" event (Yea, I know) to send the crowd home happy and try to boost house show attendance as well.

Which if that is the case, I'd expect Kofi/Punk to possibly get the belts back. Although they shouldn't, and probably won't as they were just a thrown together tag team anyways.

It could be nothing at all, and they're just doing something similar to what they did with, I think London and Kendrick a year or so ago, where they just wanted a title change at an "Overseas" event (Yea, I know) to send the crowd home happy and try to boost house show attendance as well.

Which if that is the case, I'd expect Kofi/Punk to possibly get the belts back. Although they shouldn't, and probably won't as they were just a thrown together tag team anyways.

Only problem is that in such scenarios, the title usually flips back on the same tour. WWE isn't running any further house shows till after Christmas.

mizorrison.jpg

That is an awesome shot. The light coming off of Morrison's belt makes it that much cooler.

mizorrison.jpg

That is an awesome shot. The light coming off of Morrison's belt makes it that much cooler.

I also like the fact it looks as if they'll be carrying their Slammies around for a while.

Yea, I remember that. They dropped the belts to Benjamin and Haas wasn't it?

IIRC, shortly after Londrick was drafted to Raw, they beat Cade/Murdoch only to fumble the titles right back a few days later.

So Team Be Jealous have won both the SD and Raw tag titles while still being on the ECW roster, what's a brand extension?

Not that they don't deserve it mind you.

So Team Be Jealous have won both the SD and Raw tag titles while still being on the ECW roster, what's a brand extension?

If you think that's bad,just wait until they start defending The Raw World Tag Team Titles on SD.

I was waiting to get a haircut at a Sports Clips yesterday, and since they had a TV in the lobby with a football game on, we were treated to an ad for Armageddon. There were two kids, maybe around ten, seated near me, and they began discussing the card. What do the kidz think?

John Cena is just not very entertaining.

Ohh, HHH versus Jeff Hardy?! That will be good.

They'll be registering accounts here once they get out of school for Christmas.

Kofi isn't even Jamaican. He's from Ghana.

Does he know Prince Nana?

Nana would be pissed if he knew that Kofi was teaming with Punk.

Nana would be very much pissed if he knew that.

But, judging from the comments Nana made during his surprise return about 6 weeks ago, he has many reasons to be pissed off.

Just a couple,

He's wanting a job in Ring of Honor again because he's tired of driving yellow taxi cab.

He misses shrimp cocktails.

TNA or WWE need to scoop up Jim Mitchell, Larry Sweeney, and Prince Nana and bring back the male manager.