TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

WWE Tribute to the Troops

Credit: Wrestlingobserver.com

- Taped today in Baghdad, Iraq. The show will air on NBC December 20th.

- Jeff Hardy, CM Punk and R-Truth defeated JBL, John Morrison and The Miz

- Rey Mysterio, Batista, John Cena defeated Randy Orton, Big Show and Chris Jericho

- The show is only one hour so those were the only bouts taped.

- They did the usual Christmas stuff, as well as the return of Vince McMahon to television doing an interview (not sure if that will air).

- Cryme Tyme and several of the women were there.

- They also did a dark match with Kelly Kelly over Maria

I like six man tags, so yay! Looks like a fine show by Tribute to the Troops standards.

Wow, what a shitty show. They hauled the TitanTron out there for 2 matches?

The number of matches is really incidental on this show. I'd love to know if WWE paid to transport the TitanTron itself though considering its current cost-cutting mode.

I'm speaking solely as someone who would have attended those shows before. For the last 5 years, they've done a full-blown episode of Raw or Smackdown with at least 5 or 6 matches. And now they get only 2 matches? What a joke.

Obviously there will be the usual filler (video packages, appearances by maybe Vince, Cryme Tyme, divas, etc.). But maybe those two six-man tags are 15-20 minutes each?

Between the Ropes confirmed that President Bush will make a tapped appearance on the program.

It's just going to be that pre-taped intro he has already cut and was leaked 3-4 days back.

And I dont see why anyone is up in arms about the spoilers, the Tribute show was never heavy on extremely competitive matches, either on paper or as how they turned out before. This is just more of the same, the wrestling is filler to the "tribute".

The first Tribute was gold

JBL coming out in a space suit >

and I don't think they bring the titantron over there because it's no pyro. I never saw a giant screen and the backstage area was some tents

It's kind of cool that they put the Tribute To The Troops as a arena in the new game, but the pyro is still there and you can have any type of match. Kind of weird seeing the HITC sitting outside surrounded by troops.

I'm speaking solely as someone who would have attended those shows before. For the last 5 years, they've done a full-blown episode of Raw or Smackdown with at least 5 or 6 matches. And now they get only 2 matches? What a joke.

Show's only an hour, champ.

I think the troops have other things to worry about.

Two matches isn't bad, this is a tribute to the troops, not wrestlemania. It's going to focus on what the troops are doing, and interacting with the wrestlers. And of course, Big Show wearing armor that doesn't fit him.

I think the troops have other things to worry about.

"Forget the enemy, I wanna know where my Kung Fu Naki match is! Over!"

So? TNA can have 12 matches and 65 angles in that time.

So? TNA can have 12 matches and 65 angles in that time.

I would rather have two well-paced matches than four rushed matches.

It's kind of cool that they put the Tribute To The Troops as a arena in the new game, but the pyro is still there and you can have any type of match. Kind of weird seeing the HITC sitting outside surrounded by troops.

Sounds like the climax to the Marine 2.

Considering this was taped before Armageddon, they gave away the fact that Cena would retain his title, much like last year with Orton. Cole referred to Jeff as new WWE champ and Miz and JOMO as new world tag champs despite no belts.

Anyhow show was fine and much better being 1 hour, so not too many long documentaries about the trip to fill the timeslot. The troops enjoyed it and that is what counts. Although the constant self back-patting by WWE makes you sick sometimes, the show was ok to watch.

Question, did Big Show just turn face there? I doubt it will be mentioned, but it sure looked like it .Then again JBL did the same thing 2 years ago ,attacking Masters, so likely no is the answer.

So, anyone else actually watch this?

Anyhow show was fine and much better being 1 hour, so not too many long documentaries about the trip to fill the timeslot. The troops enjoyed it and that is what counts. Although the constant self back-patting by WWE makes you sick sometimes, the show was ok to watch.

Question, did Big Show just turn face there? I doubt it will be mentioned, but it sure looked like it .Then again JBL did the same thing 2 years ago ,attacking Masters, so likely no is the answer.

So, anyone else actually watch this?

I watched it, though it's doubtful many others did the same outside of a regular WWE slot. Given that, the Big Show "turn" was probably done just for the troops' benefit and won't stick in normal continuity.