TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

What songs have you been diggin' lately?

Songs that I'm all aboot right now:

'Lover I Don't Have To Love' by Bright Eyes

'I Am the Highway" by Audioslave

'Seed Version 2.0' The Roots feat. Cody Chestnut

'Laughing City' by Eisley (they're so hot right now)

'Life In A Glass House' by Radiohead

Evanescence- My Immortal, and Hello.

THese songs have like a hypnotic effect on me. Amy Lee has a ridiculously beautiful voice.

The whole CD is good, Ripper. Invest...or download. Your choice.

As for what I'm digging lately, I've found myself humming "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne on more than one occasion. And I'm digging "You Thought Wrong" off of Kelly Clarkson's CD.

I've been digging the enitre The Love Below album. Speakerboxxx is good too, but Andre's has more funk and soul to it, I think.

Other songs I'm feelin':

"Kiss Me I'm Shitaced"- Dropkick Murphys

"Seniorita"- Justin Timberlake

"Enemy"- Sevendust

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm still in my Nile frenzy. "Howling of the Jinn" and "The Blessed Dead" being my two favorites at the moment.

I've also been hearing "A Day In the Life" in the car lately, for whatever reason. I'm trying to find a way to make that piano cadence at the end into my signature. It's so great that Type O Negative ripped it off to end 2 or 3 of their songs. It's brilliant.

The whole CD is good, Ripper. Invest...or download. Your choice.

As for what I'm digging lately, I've found myself humming "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne on more than one occasion. And I'm digging "You Thought Wrong" off of Kelly Clarkson's CD.

I have the whole CD. Every track is great, but those two just have a hold on me for some reason.

Evanescence- My Immortal, and Hello.

THese songs have like a hypnotic effect on me. Amy Lee has a ridiculously beautiful voice.

"My Immortal" is a great song. It reminds me of my grandfather. Very emotional tune that takes over me as well.

'Seed Version 2.0' The Roots feat. Cody Chestnut

YES.

And, although it isn't new by any means, "Party All The Time" has gotten heavy rotation on the computer and in the car in the last few days. I've also been on a big Byrds kick for the last few weeks, and "Eight Miles High" has been most-played.

Guest Choken One

Anything Caputo Based is constantly playing...

I recently started to check out Some Elton John stuff and when the fucker is "ON"...he's fucking ON.

I've been hooked on "Losing Grip" by Avril Lavigne for reasons that I cannot fathom.

I've really liked "Why Don't You and I" by Santana/Chad Kroeger for most of the year, despite the radio overplay testing my patience, and the single version (with that guy from the Calling) sucking the meat missile for some odd reason - it's the same song, so how can they make it sound so much more generic?

I'm still digging Sam Roberts' full length album. Why hasn't this guy been pushed in the US?

And while I rag on CHR stations, I doubt that I'd have heard "Simply Being Loved" by BT. Enjoying that one very much.

Honourary mention goes to "If You're Not The One" by Daniel Beddingfield as that's the song that always reminds me of my fiancee.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I have found myself not hating Timberlake.

I'll say

Achillies Last Stand - Zeppelin

Try Honesty - Billy Talent

That 'Beautiful' song by Pharrell and Snoop

All of Death From Above and the Mars Volta

Susperia - "Of Hate We Breed"

Sound Like The Hu-Man - "Essay" (my friends' grind/funk band)

Black Label Society - "We Live No More"

Geto Boys - "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta"

I just bought the Audioslave CD today and sweet fuck, that is some fine-ass music IMO. I was a tad worried that I'd be getting Rage Part II but it's nothing of the sort. Lots and lots of really solid stuff here.

"Like A Stone" = Song of the year (right now)

Guest Mindless_Aggression

The Waste by Sepultura featuring Mike Patton is just good times. They really should just fire the new lead singer guy and beg Patton to drop one of his 100 side projects and join up with them for an album.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I really need to hear that. A whole album of Patton and Sepultura would have to rule. C'mon Mike..go for 101 side bands.

for the last 2 days, "hey ya" has been stuck in my head, boring a hole into my brain.

and i've found myself playing "please mr. postman" by the beatles a LOT.

Guest BAR

"It's So Easy" Guns N' Roses

"Angel From The Coast" Thin Lizzy

"When The Tigers Broke Free" Pink Floyd

Guest Random Hero

AFI - This Time Imperfect (Hidden track on 'Sing The Sorrow')

AFI - This Celluloid Dream

Interpol - Obstacle 1

Interpol - Obstacle 2

The whole CD is good, Ripper.  Invest...or download.  Your choice.

As for what I'm digging lately, I've found myself humming "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne on more than one occasion.  And I'm digging "You Thought Wrong" off of Kelly Clarkson's CD.

I have the whole CD. Every track is great, but those two just have a hold on me for some reason.

I've only heard 2 singles... does she ever break from the whiney tone? Because if so, I'll definitely pick the album up.

I got Seal's new one for my b-day and I really like:

My Vision

Let Me Roll

Touch

Heavenly

I just bought the Audioslave CD today and sweet fuck, that is some fine-ass music IMO. I was a tad worried that I'd be getting Rage Part II but it's nothing of the sort. Lots and lots of really solid stuff here.

"Like A Stone" = Song of the year (right now)

I finally picked that album up this past Saturday and I haven't stopped listening to it. I really need to see them live.

Another song which isn't anything great but catchy is "Falls on Me" by Fuel. I think that's the name of it?

I might have to go out and buy my first metal album in a while. I been hearing alot of Shadows Fall and I'm really getting into them.

A little off topic. I saw REM's and the White Stripes new videos today and their great. Of course they wouldn't win a VMA against Justin or 50.... Well, you know how that works......