TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Bossman passes away

Just like Hawk, Mr. Perfect, and Rick Rude, another one of childhood heroes is gone and in a better place now. Thanks for everything, Ray, we'll never forget the Big Boss Man!

bossman.jpg

Always made sure those punks served hard time!

Guest fanofcoils

I wasn't shocked at all when I read this (natural reaction), there was no chill over my body, I just clicked the topic.

I was stunned at first, but not Owen levels. Was he into drugs at all? I wonder if painkillers for his knee might of had something to do with it. You just don't die at 42 years old just because it was your time and you stop breathing one night.

Really bad news to hear...this has just been one of those weird nights, and I guess this caps it off.

RIP, Ray Traylor.

If you guys get the chance, you should try to look up some of his work in All Japan in the early '90s. It is easily the best body of in ring work Ray Traylor ever performed. Too bad for all of us.

If this happened in late 1991 then it would be a shock to me.

The death of a 42 year old man isn't shocking?

Guest fanofcoils

I guess it is how you saw the Bossman that determines your reaction. For instance if you saw him as another old retired guy who died (just an example), I wish I could remember what was on my mind right when I saw this news only just a half hour ago, but I do know I did not have huge shock.

Guest fanofcoils

All Japan in the early 90s, hmm, is this when he literally no sold almost the entire year of 1993 for the WWF before returning for a house show late that year before joining WCW?

Guest jm29195

RIP Bossman, I was a fan of his matches vs Al Snow at Fully Loaded and Summerslam 99, some decent comedy with some sick bumps....

QUOTE (KOAB @ Sep 23 2004, 01:18 AM)

QUOTE (JoeDirt @ Sep 23 2004, 12:15 AM)

QUOTE (KOAB @ Sep 23 2004, 01:15 AM)

QUOTE (JoeDirt @ Sep 23 2004, 12:10 AM)

I really hope the WWE gives him a nice tribute before Smackdown or during RAW. 

I'd like to see someone do his slide under the ring rope, then pop them with an uppercut spot. It would be nice to see someone do it on RAW. 

It'd be nice to see someone win a match with the Bossman slam, too.

That reminds me of another great Bossman moment...shocking EVERYBODY and pinning the Rock to earn a title shot against Big Show at Armageddon in 1999. 

I remember that moment...seemed like the crowd just died once Bull Buchanon ran in, and they did the beatdown on him. 

Was Bull already around then? I thought he debuted right before WM2000.

Al Snow's dog was Pepper. Man was that some Wrestlecrap. And of course it led to Kennel in a Cell. 

Bull was around, because people were pissed when The Rock lost to Bossman, then when Bull came out, and helped Bossman beat him after the match, the crowd went from lukewarm...to silent.

Buchanan didn't debut as Buchanan until Feb 2000, Bossman's henchman prior to that was Prince Albert....

Guest fanofcoils

Albert and Bossman were entertaining in their feud with the Big Show. Buchanan and Bossman were just another team from my memory.

Gabe Sapolsky posted on the ROH board that Bossman told him he might have been coming back to the WWE in November.

Another Bossman moment...does anyone else remember him and Albert tear gassing Big Show or something like that? I vaguely recall that...

OMG, this really is shocking. I always loved Big Bossman. I thought he had great charisma. He was a big part of my childhood that is now gone forever! What a downer. Rest In Peace buddy. We all love you. Thanks for the memories. You truly were a legend in the business.

Guest JMA

RIP, Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor. I'll always fondly remember his run as a hated heel and a member of the Twin Towers, not to mention his run as a fan favorite.

Guest Rob Edwards
42 is just ridiculous, even for a good-sized guy. What's with the wrestling biz that so many people are passing away at such young ages? You look at the WWF roster from the late eighties to early nineties and it seems like half of them are dead already. It's so sad.

Drugs, simple as.

I think the earliest they might do a tribute mention could be any of the weekend shows (Velocity, After Burn, Bottom Line, Heat or Experience).

I will miss Bossman. He was a good fun performer.

...even if I did laugh when Chyna did the parody of Bossman.

Holy shit, this shocked me. I was always a mark for the guy ever since I was a wrestling fan, and I enjoyed his two short Main Event runs in 1999 and when he came back with Booker against Austin. I loved his feud with Show, and his gimmick was always entertaining. I agree that WWE should have a solid tribute to him on RAW.

RIP Bossman, I would love Big Show to come out on SmackDown and concede that he is a Big Nasty Bastard!

Man, this is shocking news. There are so many good Bossman moments

*Breaking a nightstick over Tazz's head at NWO 2000

*Taking the superplex from the top of a steel cage vs Hogan

*My personal favourite-Bossman's music play, as he's going to be Hulk Hogan's ringside enforcer for a match vs Dino Bravo with Earthquake at ringside. As soon as Bossman's music starts, this girl in the crowd just starts screaming and screaming (on WWF Mega Matches if anyones got it)

RIP Ray Traylor, I get the impression some people in the afterlife are going to be receiving some hard time...

This was quite the upsetting way to wake up this morning, and although it's just adding the same comment said 100 times, I didn't really see it coming. Bossman was always really good to the kids and charities, so this is a true loss. I've always felt the WM7 match against Mr. Perfect is an underrated one and when I started watching Wrestling in 1991, Big Bossman was one of my favourites (love the high spinkick and the uppercuts).

RIP, Ray. You really did rule.

One of my favorite Bossman moments was the week after he got kicked out of the corporation, he comes out to "Hard Times. Then gives Vince this cold stare, then gets the mic says I love you guys and hugs them all.

I have never actually seen that Rumble...how did the Hogan elimination come about?

Bossman (and Akeem?) eliminated Hogan at the '89 Rumble, stunning the crowd who had expected Hogan to win.

The Towers and Mega-Powers feud that began in the fall of 1988, spawned the angle that led me to initially follow professional wrestling. Of course, I'm talking about the infamous tag match on the February SNME show, as well as the cage match blowoff he had with Hogan in the May SNME, which led Hogan into his new feud with Tiny "Zeus" Lister.

OMG Bravesfan, the exact same angle & match made us fans, cause I never really followed wrestling until that Main Event.

That makes me miss Bossman even more now :(