TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Movie moments you marked out for.

What are some movie moments you marked out for?

Mine would be...

+ De Niro and Pacino on the screen at the same time in Heat.

+ Mickey Mouse/Bugs Bunny, Donald/Daffy Duck on the screen at the same time in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

The "Don Corleone" line followed by the shut door at the end of the Godfather (I only saw it for the first time in full last year, i was marking at how awesome it was right at that moment)

Last scene of Shawshank, but more of a misty-eyed mark out moment.

The Rohirrim march on the city in Return of the King, especially that huge long sweeping shot as the armies are about to collide, me and my buddy just looked at each other in the theater and yelled out "holy shit"

Shaun of the dead, the part towards the end where the Zombies break into the pub and my favorite Queen songs (Dont Stop Me Now) plays and I go totally insane and so do my friends. Hell, we even sang along together in the theater.

The Yakuza guy shooting the prisoner to see if he becomes a zombie in Versus.

Christian Bale vs. Taye Diggs in Equilibrium. EDIT: Actually, everything in that movie from "Not without incident" on had me marking, but the peak was the Bale vs. Diggs fight

Ash builds a chainsaw hand and says "Groovy".

The fight scene/bear scene in Achorman.

"Here." from the Batman Begins trailer.

And I agree with Inigo Montoya vs the six-fingered man from Princess Bride.

Christian Bale vs. Taye Diggs in Equilibrium. EDIT: Actually, everything in that movie from "Not without incident" on had me marking, but the peak was the Bale vs. Diggs fight

That's another great one!

Guest LooneyTune

To name a few...

- Rocky: When Creed knocks Rocky down near the end, but still gets up despite having his brains beat in already.

- Star Wars: Episode II: To quote someone already, "Yoda busting out the mad lightsaber skillz"

- Star Wars: Episode I: Darth Maul/Obi-Won/Qui-Gon first meeting in the hanger bay near the end.

- Also Vader taking out Palpatine in ROTJ.

- Also Inigo/6-Fingered Dude confrontation at the end of the Princess Bride

- Dog Day afternoon: Al Pacino continously screaming "Attica" at the hundreds of policemen.

- ..And Justice For All: Al Painos opening statement of the judges trial at the end of the movie.

Stan Lee Cameos in Marvel films.

Anytime Bruce Lee pulls out his nunchakus.

And although someone already mentioned Ash, Ash saying "This is my boomstick!" was a markout moment.

Guest Vitamin X

I can't believe noone's mentioned this one-

Peter Parker returning to being Spiderman in Spiderman 2.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: "I'll give you back the sword if you can take it in three moves" and he takes it in one.

Spider-Man 2: The violinist doing the old TV Spiderman theme and every scene with J. Jonah Jameson.

UHF: The Wheel of Fish.

Dazed and Confused: Bob Saget's cameo.

Bloodsport: Chong Li's spoken lines.

You used spoiler tags for that?

Vader is Luke's father!  OMG, don't spoil it for anyone!

Yeah, I don't know why I did that. I guess because I didn't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, which would be hardly anyone.

James Cagney makes the world his bitch "White Heat"

Later Marked out for about the same thing in "Scarface"

3-way in "Wild Things" You know you did too. Also, Matt Dillon makes the fucking FUNNIEST FACES EVER in this scene. When I pointed this out, my friends blankly stated: 'you were looking at Matt Dillon'? Trust me, it's hilarious.

Bruce Campbell does battle with his own hand 'Evil Dead 2'

The big twist in Cemetary Man actually is the only twist that has ever made me feel chilled.

Chauncy Gardner walks on water. -Being There

Mirror Scene- Duck Soup

Versus- "I'm a feminist"

Ghost in the Shell- Opening and Kusanagi rips herself apart.

Eddie Brock mentioned in Spider-Man. w00t.

NOT a good movie, but almost anytime Colin Farrell kicked ass as Bullseye in Daredevil.

The latter half of Donnie Darko had me full of nervous energey that I have never felt watching a movie.

GItS 2, Kusanagi joins Bateau to rip some fuckin' shit up. Also the ridiculously lavish opening scene. Speaking of:

Seeing the cityscape scene in Blade Runner when it was rereleased as the directors Cut. Think I was about 13-15? Good way to awe a boy who's reading Neuromancer.

Buscemi the man finally gets some in Ghost World.

Printer beating in Office Space. Have personally had the pleasure of partaking in this.

There's innumerable others. I mark for movies.

the end of 'it's a wonderful life'.

anna karina deciding to dance in the pool hall just for the hell of it in 'vivre sa vie'.

anna karina and jean-paul belmondo spontaneously breaking into song in 'pierrot le fou'.

the "tiny dancer" scene in 'almost famous'.

more movies should bring people together with the power of song.

Vader choosing his son over Palpatine and realizing that true enlightened power lies in the light side of the Force. You saw Vader's shell cracking a little as Luke spoke to him on Endor, and the very moment when he makes that first motion to destroy the Emperor as the Force music swells is completely without equal. So much emotion in that whole scene, and it makes the rest of the film a big weepfest for me.

The second-best would be for Anakin's spirit appearing alongside Obi-Wan and Yoda's spirits at the very end. I don't care about continuity or any of that shit in this case, and it's the alteration on the DVDs that pisses me off the most. Sebastian Shaw just pulls off this smile as he looks at Luke that hits me just right.

I didn't "mark out," but I really enjoyed the scene in "Deep Blue Sea" involving Sam L. Jackson. Everyone in the theater loved it too because it was unexpected.

Also seeing Bruce Campbell in Spiderman 2. I was the only one in the pack theater who got the connection...

My mark out moments:

Scanners: The exploding head

Starship Troopers: First Time we see giant bugs

Ichi the Killer: Man split in half

The Matrix- Agent Smith serves Neo against the subway with the superfast body shots

Army o Darkness- too many to think of

Napoleon Dynamite- The Election Dance

The Secret Window- Depp's appearence behind the door as Shooter

Fight Club- Tyler's revealing himself to....... himself and the end

Spiderman 2 - phil lamarr's cameo

Pulp Ficiton- Phil Lamarr's cameo

Mortal Kombat- Scorpion/Cage fight

and the list goes on and on

Equilibrium

-"no...not without incident"

-"Oh shit! He's a sense offender, shoot him!"

After both of those Preston just goes on a killing spree.

Freddy vs Jason

-Jason kills the Destiny's Child chick, everyone in the theater poped.

Pulp Fiction:

-"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face."

Dead Alive

-Kung Fu Priest, "I kick ass for the lord"

-The fight with the baby at the park.

They Live

-backlot brawl, awesome fight scene.

Collateral

-Max has to pretend to be Vincent to get info at the club.

Beware, Children at Play

-The parents massacre their kids! GREATEST ENDING EVER!

Donnie Darko

-"You're suck a fuckass."

-"Go suck a fuck!"

Young Guns

-Too many scenes to name off

The Matrix: When Neo finally realizes that he is "The One", and he stops the bullets with his bare hands. Followed by Morbius' line: "He's beginning to believe." Neo then gets the best of Agent Smith, shocking him.

The Matrix Revolutions: When the teenager tells the people of Zion "The war is over! We won! We won!" The people of Zion celebrate.

Army Of Darkness: Ash saying "...Groovy."

Star Wars: Episode II: Attack Of The Clones: Yoda battling Count Dooku with his lightsaber. The theater I saw it in went crazy when that happened. They loved it.

Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: Darth Vader saying, "No. I am your father."

Star Wars: Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi: Darth Vader killing Emperor Palpatine saving Luke Skywalker.

Rocky II: Rocky and Apollo Creed knocking each other out.

Rocky IV: The fight between Rocky and Ivan Drago, from the moment Rocky is introduced till the end.

Ed Wood: The montage of clips of Ed Wood filming Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Office Space: The destruction of the copier, followed by the drunken partying.

They Live: The backlot fight. Later parodied in the South Park episode, Cripple Fight.

Guest Fook

The opening scene of The Way of the Gun, complete with Sarah Silverman getting punched right in the face.