TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

Molly Holly released

So, Japan is the next step then? There isn't a whole lot in the way of women's wrestling in America. There's a talented division in the IWA:MS, she might get work in TNA...other than that, I guess Japan is here only real option.

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but IWA-MidSouth is a JOKE, why would anyone go from WWE to a latchkey indy fed full of garbage wrestlers and never-will-be's. Don't even reference Zach Gowan, because we know why he was used in WWE...cheap heat. Molly will not go to an Indy Fed, she will end up in Japan wrestling other talented women, and making comparable money to what she made here.

IWA uses a lot of great workers, a lot of the top guys on the indy scene. I don't see why Molly wouldn't work some indys now and then when she's not doing a tour in Japan, and IWA has better women's wrestling than 99% of the indies out there.

The problem is, the joshi scene in Japan ain't doing so great right now (and hasn't been for a while).

Then again, she won't be having to job to Hemme or whatever useless slit (not a typo) they hire from Diva Search 2, so maybe it's a fair trade-off.

Well, I'd hope she could do as well or better in Japan with her wrestling ability. I understand AJW is done, but aren't there any other opportunities for her?

Speaking of Trish, and her hard work to become an actual wrestler, I wonder how she feels about the outlook for the womens division? It's gotta be a bit of a slap in the face to her that she made so many sacrifices just to see any chance of her matches meaning something more than T&A be pissed away.

So, Japan is the next step then? There isn't a whole lot in the way of women's wrestling in America. There's a talented division in the IWA:MS, she might get work in TNA...other than that, I guess Japan is here only real option.

I'm sorry to go off-topic, but IWA-MidSouth is a JOKE, why would anyone go from WWE to a latchkey indy fed full of garbage wrestlers and never-will-be's. Don't even reference Zach Gowan, because we know why he was used in WWE...cheap heat. Molly will not go to an Indy Fed, she will end up in Japan wrestling other talented women, and making comparable money to what she made here.

I'm guessing you haven't watched IWA:MS in about 4 years... they put on great shows with hardly any "hardcore" matches anymore and they book the best indy guys in the Midwest. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to work some indy dates and get paid... Japan wrestles "tours" instead of 52 weeks a year.

Gee, this is exciting. Every day, we get to guess who the new casualty will be that's no longer on a WWE roster. It's like jobber Russian Roulette!

As for Molly, I'm just glad she put over some younger talent on the way out.

Guest Jack Potts

With the addition of all the worthless Diva Search baggage that the WWE has brought on, Molly Holly's release is particularly shameful.

Although I wasn't a fan of her Miss Madness gimmick in WCW, Molly Holly has really grown on me since her arrival in the WWE. She's a terrific worker and I appreciated her work ethic and her strong principles.

She's the only person that Goldberg had nothing but kind words for. Not that I care what Bill Goldberg has to say, but if you can elicit warmth from someone who's recognized as a class A, selfish prick and all-around curmudgeon, I think that says a lot about your character. She apparently sent a kind note to him once when he was in an emotional and professional funk, and it meant a lot to the guy.

Bottom line, in a crappy dog-eat-dog business filled with prima donnas and tramps (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Lita!), Molly Holly seemed like a truly nice person who respected herself and the business.

According to Dave Scherer of PWInsider.com the next very likely talent to be release will be............. Victoria. Yes, I am not kidding you about this.

Guest Trivia247

you know those wrestlers just taking up space valuable space for those new useless Divas that no one but McMahon cares about.

According to Dave Scherer of PWInsider.com the next very likely talent to be release will be............. Victoria. Yes, I am not kidding you about this.

Well, if Victoria doesn't realize that she's next, then she must be pretty doped up on crack right now.

What I don't get is why Molly gets canned while Stacy is still kept. Yeah, I know she does photo shoots and stuff, but it's not like she's around on tv that much promoting anything.

Looks like I called it.

Guest LooneyTune

I don't fucking believe this...

^--- becoming quite a popular phrase this week.

I don't really blame them for releasing Victoria.  She's been out with injuries quite often if I remember correctly.

Still not happy about it, but that's the way the business runs.

Victoria had an injury, but decided to wear a knee brace and avoid missing ring time rather than have surgery and miss six months.

Didn't matter, they used her so sparingly that she should have gotten the surgery.

Hard to see Victoria fired, though. She's the second most useful woman on either Smackdown or Raw.

Of course, Victoria isn't confirmed, but considering she partnered with Molly on Raw, her only claims to fame are jiggling her ass and being a passable worker, and she hadn't been on TV in forever, just like Molly, it made sense...you know, as sensible as WWE gets, anyway.

May as well fire Simon too. They ran out of ideas for him 2 weeks after they debuted him. For some reason, I'd be more shocked if Maven were canned than if he was.

I don't get firing Victoria at all. She's actually attractive enough for their stupid calendars and shit, she can work well in the ring, and she's capab;e of doing good mic work too. She's three times as useful as Molly was.

A year in the making...they shaved her bald but couldn't fire her because that would be a dick move. Funny how RAW wrestlers are getting the majority of the releases. Unless something happens after Smackdown.

Has there ever been a release that nobody cared about?

11 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

10 Members: BorneAgain, CanadianChick, The Fett, slimm44, Use Your Illusion, ChrisMWaters, NitroJMS, S_D, Reverb, vaderbomb

Uh oh...

Excuse me a second.

*Steps outside...deep breath...*

FUUUU...

*Cut to church bells, birds flying away in terror, people looking around gasping...and Ned Flanders*

...anyway. I guess I have to change my signature now...

If anyone finds out where Molly will be working from here on out, PLEASE tell me. So I can find a way to get footage.

He's in too much shock, he's just staring at his computer screen with his jaw on the floor.

Man this blows. I know I should have seen the writing on the wall when the Diva Search was happening, but I always had a teeny little bit of hope that the women's division would take off. It certainly wasn't the greatest wrestling, but in 2003, I thought the division was doing quite well. What happened for WWE to change it? Or does Vince look back when WWE was most popular and thought nameless big breast chicks is the way to go? Because it really isn't and the crowd, with the exception of Christy and Joy (I think), couldn't care less about these girls.

well they had to make room for the next diva search where the winner and everyone else will be signed and will do 5 minute fashion shows on raw and sd every week as opposed to matches.

and you know youre a wrestling fan when youre a man complaining that there is too much women in skimpy clothes on this show :D

from PWI:

According to several sources, Molly Holly's release from World Wrestling Entertainment was something that Holly approached WWE about last night at Raw, as opposed to her being a victim of cost-cutting. According to several, it had been clear for some time that Holly had been unhappy and wanted out. WWE.com referred to her release as "mutually agreed upon" earlier today.

There's no word as to whether she will be able to use the Molly Holly name, a WWE creation, outside of the company. The late Mike Lockwood, who worked as Crash Holly, did not use the name outside of WWE following his departure there.

It is expected Holly will have the same 90 day no compete as per usual with WWE releases, which would make her available to work in early July.