TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

So Fire Pro R is back

Doubtful. I tried asking for that style when I first got the game and no one was really willing to write up templates. I just went and got an AR Max Drive from ebay for like $12.99. If you plan to use it a lot, it's worth it.

I think I'll see how well I can do on my own first and if I suck royally, I'll snag one for Christmas. Thanks for that bit of info though, I had a feeling it would be that way but figured I should ask first. Game is supposed to be here on Tuesday, although amazon telling me it's shipping from parts unknown has a lovely flair to it.

It's starting to seem doubtful that my Babbages will get it in soon, so I've finally just ordered from Buy.com. Should be here by the middle of next week.

Thanks a lot for the info dude, so i could have a save file on one card and then overwrite it with the save for the second one? sorry but im kinda of a noob when it comes to this.

That is correct, sir.

I'm using edits on my PS3 and anytime I stick the memory stick in there and save to the 2nd memory card, it asks if i'm sure I want to overwrite.

For you guys looking for good edit packs go to fireproclub.com ........They're already converting the japanese saves to the american versions for the PS2 and PS3

How do I do that. Install edits. Can it be done with a USB drive?

So after three fun matches and an hour of editing, I really LOVE this game. Vader vs Sabu was an absolute squash though as Vader just tossed him around like a ragdoll (the finisher of Sabu hitting a dropkick that had no effect and Vader just picking him up and choke slamming him was sweet).

This is such a fun ass game. I'm slowly getting used to it and I figured that using strike moves to see what they look like first has helped me figure out where to stand to hit them. I felt stupid at first because I couldn't figure out how to pin Bret Hart in the match I had against him as Petey Williams. Eventually hitting X, I got it and seeing the Canadian Destroyer and getting a three count with it was just beyond cool.

Easily the best money I have spent on a game and I've barely scratched the surface of what I can do.

Last night I had a Match with Hayabusa and Shinzaki, it was back and forth through the whole match, the ending sequence was amazing. I gave him a falcon arrow he kicked out at 2.9 he got up, gave me a praying powerbomb i kicked out at 2.9. He picks me up gives me the praying ropewalk and goes for a second praying powerbomb I turn it into a small package and win the match. My pulse was racing after the match.

8 man matches are a great joy. I've had two timed rumble matches where I was the first guy in, and it of course, comes down to me and the last man in. First time it was Vader and he just beat the piss out of me, until a hit the Eiffel De Parachute out of nowhere for the pinfall.

Second time, comes down to me and Terry Funk, with him making some great babyface comebacks and kick outs, and constantly dodging my corner to center gore. Eventually put him away with my new favorite finisher sequence: Complete Shot, Corner to Center Gore, and a run to corner moonsault. Whole thing went almost 20 minutes, with just me and Terry taking up a third of that.

I work in a video store and we have had it in since last Thursday. Still haven't played it yet though.

Creating got a lot easier with default copies of Angle, Brock, Austin and others already saved into the edit section. I was rolling right along with a near perfect Angle...until I opened up moves.

Son of a bitch, you cannot appreciate or HATE the number of moves this game has until you are trying to create someone. I've spent 20 minutes looking for the Angle Slam and I had to stop. It's a nightmare, a great one to have but damn. It's a shame that right now it is the ONLY move of his I cannot find. I didn't look through the massive list of front grapples yet but it might be there. Overall though, creating wrestlers was a lot more simple than I thought it would be in the design area. Just the movesets are going to be absolute torture!

I've heard alot about using a Max Drive to import Fire Pro saves. I've just now come to the realization that I have no idea what I should be looking for when I'm trying to get a Max Drive.

This is for the few people that have been asking about edits. First you wanna get this http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-Action-R...5900&sr=8-3

for me it is the easier way to go, make sure its the version that has the usb drive. You will also need a second memory card so you can import the wrestlers to your main game save. If you guys need in depth step by step pm me ill walk you through it. Its really easy.

I'm not interested in an additional 40 dollars for something I will only really use for this game when I can just go slowly insane searching through move by move for creations. Plus throw in the price of another memory card and I'm looking at another 60 bucks for a game that cost 20. I'd do some deletion off my other cards but I really want to protect those saves since a lot of the games I've either finished into free mode or I'm about 90% done. Not being a dick or nothing, just it's too much of a cost for me at this point.

The layer situation isn't as hard as I thought and most of the guys I can design close enough to where it honestly won't bother me. If I can get the stupid color sub-menu to open so I can make the color adjustments then I'll be in good shape (I've tried every button and Kurt STILL has blue frickin shoes). I also just need to find that cm and kg converter for height and weight so I'll be good. All I really wish is someone had a list of the move renames of the major wrestling finishers. Outside of that, I'm not having trouble with creation that I thought I might. It's very detailed sure but with the game being 2D, close is good enough with this.

I'm putting together my list of wrestlers today and seeing how many I can get designed without moves by the end of the night. I just need to figure out how to move guys from group to group so I can create WWE, TNA and ROH.

ADDITIONAL, hitting the first CRITICAL is by far the coolest thing ever. Being Vader, I was able to completely DESTROY Sabu and get my first critical with a chokeslam. There is nothing better than that "SURPRISE! YOU JUST KNOCKED HIM THE F OUT!" and seeing their limp body lying on the mat. So naturally, as Vader, I followed it up with another chokeslam and a big splash. Vader is a dick and it's finally FUN to get to be him.

Creating got a lot easier with default copies of Angle, Brock, Austin and others already saved into the edit section. I was rolling right along with a near perfect Angle...until I opened up moves.

Son of a bitch, you cannot appreciate or HATE the number of moves this game has until you are trying to create someone. I've spent 20 minutes looking for the Angle Slam and I had to stop. It's a nightmare, a great one to have but damn. It's a shame that right now it is the ONLY move of his I cannot find. I didn't look through the massive list of front grapples yet but it might be there. Overall though, creating wrestlers was a lot more simple than I thought it would be in the design area. Just the movesets are going to be absolute torture!

The slam is in there, and it is a front grapple -- it has to be a Circle (or X & Circle) grapple, though.

I'm not interested in an additional 40 dollars for something I will only really use for this game when I can just go slowly insane searching through move by move for creations. Plus throw in the price of another memory card and I'm looking at another 60 bucks for a game that cost 20. I'd do some deletion off my other cards but I really want to protect those saves since a lot of the games I've either finished into free mode or I'm about 90% done. Not being a dick or nothing, just it's too much of a cost for me at this point.

Dude, you know you can back up your saves to your computer (or memory stick) when an Action Replay Max, right?

I read this on wikipedia:

"On November 14, 2007 Agetec released a statement concerning availability issues with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns saying the game will only be made available to GameStop, EB Games, and Best Buy."

I guess that's not totally crazy or anything, but just in case folks are going to Target to look for it, don't.

Dude, you know you can back up your saves to your computer (or memory stick) when an Action Replay Max, right?

My computer is already pretty full too. Plus I'm finding a certain joy in creating these guys now, it's too much fun. Usually creating is a chore with a game but this is actually...fun.

Thanks for the info though. I might consider it in the future but with the holidays fast approaching and the number of people I need to buy for growing by 5, money to spend on gaming equipment isn't there.

I just had one of the best matches so far in fire pro, It was Misterio vs Mistico for the Cruiserweight title i created. Match went back and forth with big move after big move. Ending came after misterio gave me the 619, i thought it was over. He covered me but only gets a 2.9. Misterio picks me up and goes to give me a hurcarana pin combo and i reverse it to the sunset flip and win the match. I'm gonna have to buy a video recorder so i can start recording some of these matches.

I read this on wikipedia:

"On November 14, 2007 Agetec released a statement concerning availability issues with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns saying the game will only be made available to GameStop, EB Games, and Best Buy."

I guess that's not totally crazy or anything, but just in case folks are going to Target to look for it, don't.

I don't know how accurate that is. I just picked up FPR at Toys R Us on my lunch break.

That said, I plan on playing this game straight through me leaving work tonight and going back on Thursday afternoon.

Alright, I want to put the save packs onto my ps2, but I don't have the AR Max.

Do I need to have the AR Max, or can I just save to my flash drive then copy it onto a memory card?

I know that over at fireproclub people say that there are other ways but i only know of the ar max because of the cd it comes with.

You will at least need a CD of the AR Max software to recognize the USB drive on your PS2. Plus, pretty much all saves are "crushed" into a .max format and you'll need to "uncrush" them from the USB drive to your memcard.

That said, you can use any low capacity (ie under 256mb) USB drive, though.

My computer is already pretty full too. Plus I'm finding a certain joy in creating these guys now, it's too much fun. Usually creating is a chore with a game but this is actually...fun.

Thanks for the info though. I might consider it in the future but with the holidays fast approaching and the number of people I need to buy for growing by 5, money to spend on gaming equipment isn't there.

It's definitely a good investment for the future and making memcard backups. :)

thats one of the reason i bought it, for the backups.