TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dips

ECW gets a normal time slot

If you check out the Sci-Fi Channel programming guide, you'll notice that starting on June 13, every Tuesday night has a 1-hour 'TBD' timeslot from 10pm to 11pm EST.

Perhaps that will be the ECW timeslot?

I bet at the trekkie boards (and I'm sure they exist, and I hope I never encounter that place, they'd make WP look normal in contrast) they are up in arms about wrestling being on their docking station.

Ha, the SciFi.com boards are being spammed by an ECW mutant warning 'geeks and nerds' of the oncoming 'ECW invasion.'

ECWGENERAL

stranger

Reged: 05/17/06

THE ECW INVASION IS UPON YOU SCIFI GEEKS

THE TAKEOVER NOW BEGINS.RVD,SANDMAN,TERRY FUNK, SABU AND OTHERS WILL BE INVADING YOUR NERD STATION..JUST LIKE WE WILL TAKE OVER THIS BOARD. SLEEP WELL LOSERS YOUR TIME IS ALMOST UP

THE ECW BOARD IS TAKING OVER.EXPECT A HUGE INVASION

ECWGENERAL

stranger

Reged: 05/17/06

THE ECW INVASION IS UPON YOU SCIFI GEEKS

THE TAKEOVER NOW BEGINS.RVD,SANDMAN,TERRY FUNK, SABU AND OTHERS WILL BE INVADING YOUR NERD STATION..JUST LIKE WE WILL TAKE OVER THIS BOARD. SLEEP WELL LOSERS YOUR TIME IS ALMOST UP

THE ECW BOARD IS TAKING OVER.EXPECT A HUGE INVASION

:ph34r:

Guest Felonies!
I don't know, it doesn't seem that weird to me. I bet people thought it was weird when Raw first showed up on USA.

Why? USA has always just been a motley assortment of general interest stuff. They aired wrestling, tennis, Saturday morning cartoons (Cartoon Express!), The People's Court, Silk Stalkings, and $ale of the Century reruns, and of all that erstwhile programming, I probably miss $ale the most

But only GSN was able to finally air the Michael Larson episodes...

I miss Peter Tomarkin

I hope Joel Gertner comes out dressed like Riker or something

I'm glad ECW will be on a channel I actually get on my local cable company, but I don't know how well it will fit in on the station.

BTW, some people don't SciFi? Hell, I have like the shittiest cable company in America (CableOne), we don't get Comedy Central, Bravo, or MTV2, and we have to pay extra for crap like Hallmark and CourtTV. But we do get SciFi...

I'm glad ECW will be on a channel I actually get on my local cable company, but I don't know how well it will fit in on the station.

BTW, some people don't SciFi? Hell, I have like the shittiest cable company in America (CableOne), we don't get Comedy Central, Bravo, or MTV2, and we have to pay extra for crap like Hallmark and CourtTV. But we do get SciFi...

In the bay area, regular comcast cable doesn't give their customers the sci-fi channel. I'd have to upgrade my cable to get sci-fi. I can't just order the channel because I don't have the comcast cable box.

Um, it isnt any weirder than back in the day when I discovered ECW it was aired at 1am EST on Univision which in this area was a spanish channel.

Guest Felonies!
Felonies!: You forgot about Press Your Luck!

Press Your Luck/Scrabble/$ale of the Century/$25,000 Pyramid was a great lineup. I have a Scrabble game on my computer, and I got through a Sprint in like 5.3 secs.

Oh, also, Coffey, Raw didn't just show up out of nowhere. Prime Time Wrestling was on USA Monday nights through most of the 80s. So there. Dork

I bet at the trekkie boards (and I'm sure they exist, and I hope I never encounter that place, they'd make WP look normal in contrast) they are up in arms about wrestling being on their docking station.

If you asked alot of people, being a wrestling fan is just as bad as being a "trekkie."

Um, it isnt any weirder than back in the day when I discovered ECW it was aired at 1am EST on Univision which in this area was a spanish channel.

That's not so weird, the only channel I had ECW on was at 8AM on Empire Sports a regional sports network. Univision, while I'm not sure as common as Telemundo, would definitly be more prominent in any high population Spanish area.

Well, it wasn't weird back then...

But the channel that used to hold ECW, USWA, NWA Wildside, WWF Shotgun and Full Metal/Bottom Line & Afterburn, and WOW is now a religious channel. At least where I live.

Well, it wasn't weird back then...

But the channel that used to hold ECW, USWA, NWA Wildside, WWF Shotgun and Full Metal/Bottom Line & Afterburn, and WOW is now a religious channel. At least where I live.

I remember watching that channel at school. It was all I had to follow wrestling at school. It was changed to the religious channel that same year.

Anyways, I had to check to see if I even get the Sci Fi channel seeing how I never watch it or even surf past it in boredom. Oh well, being on TV is better than not being on TV.

The words Science and Fiction around Vince McMahon scare me. A lot.

And any 'cool points' ECW potentially had have now evaporated at the prospect of people hyping 'wrestling on the science fiction channel'. "Man, if you wanna watch something really cool, put it on the Science Fiction Channel!" That's hardcore, that's hardcore.

I can't believe so few people watch SciFi, noone here watches Battlestar Galactica??

They only showed the first season over here on commercial tv, so I'm waiting for season 2 on dvd. That show is like crack though.

If the Sci-fi channel is the only place WWE can find to air ECW, then it'd be better off as a webcast on WWE.com(instead of a speciality channel which doesn't suit wrestling.) There is still a chance it could end up on USA, but either way it won't affect the UK.

Guest El Satanico

This is ALMOST bigger news, than the Network Television Premiere of House of The Dead.

Star Trek is on G4, not Sci-Fi.