TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

Holy hell, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that last 15 minutes. Talk about dangling a big fucking carrot in front of our faces.

January 22nd can't come fast enough.

So Eden did shoot herself, right? To wreck her brain and keep Sylar from taking her power? Or did he make her shoot herself, like he intended to do with Clea Duvall when she and Parkman first encountered him? I interpreted it as being the former.

And interestingly, HRG seems to have the power to negate powers.

No, the Haitian does. He also has the power to erase memories, it looks like (like he did to Claire's brother and Zack and her mother). It seems that he has a different agenda from HRG, though.

And I think Sylar made Eden shoot herself. He's already absorbed a bunch of other powers, so perhaps he's got Peter's power as well (from someone else) and used Eden's power of persuasion against her.

Edited by KingPK

No, remember what Sylar said when she was moving the gun when he had pulled her through the glass?

"You know that won't hurt me."

I think she even said, "I know.", before moving the barrel to her own head and pulling the trigger.

That was an incredible episode. This show started so so with a lot of promise, and has morphed into something so much more. Even the Jessica/Niki/DL thing was interesting.

That was probably the last thing I was thinking that could happen but it makes so much sense that I can't believe I didn't think of it. I can't believe they keep cranking out so much awesomeness.

Now, just have to wait 6 weeks.

Great ep. Pretty sure Eden killed herself. Her power of persuasion and Claire's healing factor would make Sylar the most powerful being on the planet. Only the Hatian and Peter Petrelli (and Hiro, maybe) would stand a chance. She knew that.

I was blown away with Peter being the bomb. And Hiro fighting a fucking T-Rex. And what was with Nathan's look in that dream? He was looking downright evil.

The Nikki/DL thing still has me wondering how they fit into the grand scheme of things. Their story is like another show altogether.

Ever since Thomas Sprague mentioned his line about blowing up the city if they shoot him, I'd thought he was was the bomb Hiro saw in the future.

Up until about 30 minutes into the episode, where I suddenly had the revelation that Peter was somehow the bomb. But, how's it happen?

DAMN, THE 22ND CAN'T GET HERE SOON ENOUGH!

Oh, and this show fucking rules, even if Mohinder slows the whole thing to a crawl. Seriously, at least Nikki/Jessica/DL/Micah can be relatively interesting at times.

Oh, and Matt gets shafted when it comes to fan recognition. He's awesome.

And interestingly, HRG seems to have the power to negate powers.

No, the Haitian does. He also has the power to erase memories, it looks like (like he did to Claire's brother and Zack and her mother). It seems that he has a different agenda from HRG, though.

Where was the Haitian when HRG went in to confront Sylar? Why was HRG so confident that this guy couldn't hurt him? He's definitely a meta, but like Peter it isn't detectable because it's only obvious in the presence of other metas.

Up until about 30 minutes into the episode, where I suddenly had the revelation that Peter was somehow the bomb. But, how's it happen?

he mimics Radioactive Guy, but unlike Radioactive Guy, he can't control it.

There is so much 'looking to the future' going on in this show, it's amazing. I'm more interested in Hiro fighting a dragon, than Peter blowing up.

Hiro probably blinks himself to the prehistoric days or some shit!

Because Sylar pulled Eden through the glass by her gun. Maybe he can only control inanimate objects telekinetically?

No. He threw around Parkman (or was it Audrey?) around like a rag doll, and he cuts victims open with his teke.

I admit I could be wrong about HRG having powers, but I'm sticking to what I've said. If I'm wrong... well, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. Or the last (I'm married, after all).

There is so much 'looking to the future' going on in this show, it's amazing. I'm more interested in Hiro fighting a dragon, than Peter blowing up.

I liked his butterfly effect reference when he saw the picture, plus how he's now more determined to find that sword.

I liked his butterfly effect reference when he saw the picture, plus how he's now more determined to find that sword.

Was it a butterfly effect reference? I thought it was a Simpsons reference

Which would be...a butterfly effect reference. (The theory, not the movie) What happened in that ep of the Simpsons is what the Butterfly Effect is.

Although he didn't coin the phrase, read "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury. It's pretty much where the notion was popularized in fiction.

Is it just me or is Eden really really dumb? Why not put some cyanide Sylar's food or fill the room with gas or something, the gun she brought along was pointless.

It had to be a suicide.

If it wasn't suicide the higher ups would know that he was killed when they said not to kill him. Of course she could have told him to swallow his own tounge or hang himself. But still.

Eden definately killed herself to stop him from getting to her brain. You could see how Sylar actually wanted to stop her from shooting herself when she started to point the gun towards herself.

Since Peter's power is temporary use of other peoples powers I want to know who gave him that vision of the future!

One theory is that he doesn't "synch" up with people's powers, rather he stores them like a battery, so a dream power wouldn't be used up all at once. So the question would be - who has he been around long enough to absorb that much dream power. Only one answer that we would know of - Shaft.

Are the graphic novels on nbc.com supposed to be included in the "world" of the show? In the most recent one, it seems that Sylar was captured right after Eden killed herself. I didn't know if the novels were separate, or if that happened. Anyone heard anything on that?