TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Edge injured; out of action for undetermined length of time

Well I'd definitely have Arquette as #1 since he was a celebrity with no wrestling experience. Khali at least went to wrestling school (and we know the story there) but a guy who chops and screams having the world title just seems so wrong to me. It's as if the WWF had put the strap on Giant Gonzalez in 1993.

Why the hell does kane have to compete in a #1 contenders spot again?. I mean hes already the #1 Contender and all they had to do was add Batista to the match sence he was going up against Khali anyways at the Bash.

I really don't know why to think as Khali as Champion. Why they couldn't have just put the belt on Kane is fucking beyond me.

I remember mocking the WWF for giving a title to three straight injury liable wrestlers.

I remember mocking the WWF for giving a title to three straight injury liable wrestlers.

The Days of Bret Hart Reliability and Durablitiy are over....And no Cena doesnt count...That schedule was just unreal back in the late eighties early ninties compared to now...we won't even get into 70s

Khali at least went to wrestling school (and we know the story there) but a guy who chops and screams having the world title just seems so wrong to me.

So I take it you have a problem with Flair's 16 title reigns as well?

I can kind of see why they gave it to Khali. Considering the way he wrestles and the number of moves he does, there's a very minor chance he'll actually get injured.

If they build it up right, it will be a big moment when he finally loses the belt. Regardless of how badly everyone thinks he sucks, he is so freaking huge that he comes across as a credible monster. I actually don't have a problem with him having the belt. Though again I think they could have taken the opportunity to give the belt to a mid card guy and maybe make a bigger star. The building up to him losing the belt would be easier of course if they hadn't sacrificed him to Cena "the underdog giant killer".

Knowing mcmahon/the wwe they will probably have him lose the built in a week or two, to the boring batista....who really should turn heel if they are going to have him in the title picture again for the foreseeable future. And Mcmahon wonders why the ratings are down.

wow, Smackdown can just never catch a break. They FINALLY get over the most recent spree of injuries and have people lined up to come back, and the draft happens, making their roster look like a mystery grab bag. Now another series of injuries happens and we get India's first World Heavyweight Champion (am I right?).

This is irritating. As if taking Kennedy Benoit and Booker was not enough, no, let's give Khali the title when our main guy goes down. Why are these poor decisions made? It is not good business - at all - to deplete and sabotage any show you have on the air.

That said, the GAB will be tons of weirdness worth recording!

I can kind of see why they gave it to Khali. Considering the way he wrestles and the number of moves he does, there's a very minor chance he'll actually get injured.

That's actually a good point. You can't get killed in a car wreck if you never get in a car. So it's pretty doubtful that Khali could get hurt Wrestling.

Although... remember all those various torn quads caused by extreme, uh, walking.

If they build it up right, it will be a big moment when he finally loses the belt. Regardless of how badly everyone thinks he sucks, he is so freaking huge that he comes across as a credible monster. I actually don't have a problem with him having the belt.

Knowing mcmahon/the wwe they will probably have him lose the built in a week or two, to the boring batista....who really should turn heel if they are going to have him in the title picture again for the foreseeable future. And Mcmahon wonders why the ratings are down.

Well, they've got these options with Khali:

- Undertaker returns, feud for title. Wins it, gets his appropriate one last run as champion.

- Ric Flair's final run as a World Champion ... having him beat Khali (if they book it right ... think Flair/Vader from Starrcade) could be one of his greatest career moments. No one would expect him to fare well against Khali on his own, so there'd probably be some slight overbooking with interference by Batista or someone ... since Flair and Batista are old chums.

- Batista wins title at GAB.

- Build Matt Hardy up to be more of a credible challenge to the title, have him win, then have him feud with Edge upon his return.

- Rey Mysterio Jr. could return, have his feud with Chavo for putting him out, getting Chavo over more to perhaps an upper midcarder, and then carry his momentum to a feud with Khali, thought it would be hard to believe Mysterio could actually beat Khali.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

Taking steroids and adding muscle mass are not the same thing.

That's like saying rape and sleeping with your girlfriend are similar. One is an illegal and cheap way to do things. One is the right way.

And the "TLC affairs" is not MY theory, bro. No one else in those matches suffers from the string of physical luck that Edge does.

I think that a combination of working guys that were stronger and more durable in grueling bouts to elevate his character over and over again, combined with early prescribed steroid use, and lack of proper muscular development have left the 30-something Adam Copeland injury prone. How many titles has he forfeited now? How many extended breaks has he had now?

To be fair....No one else has had to work harder than Edge though...The guy has clearly been the hardest working guy on the roster for the past couple years

Cue the guy who says Edge's hardwork never got him a push and fucking Lita did more for his career than any so called "work" he ever did.....

Now Edge is my favorite wrestler but I know someone is out there thinking that.

And what did Screwing Steph get HHH?

2 torn quads and a baby girl

So, did I miss something, or are there no full sets of spoilers out?

I know the Battle Royal and Kane vs. Batista match didn't take up the full 2 hours.

So, did I miss something, or are there no full sets of spoilers out?

I know the Battle Royal and Kane vs. Batista match didn't take up the full 2 hours.

pwheadlines has them up.

Do you guys think that if they never moved Benoit to ECW, nothing would have happened and we may have possibly had another Benoit title reign?

Well since Benoit obviously went into a murderous rampage that was spurned by his demotion to ECW, I'd say you're absolutely right.

If they build it up right, it will be a big moment when he finally loses the belt. Regardless of how badly everyone thinks he sucks, he is so freaking huge that he comes across as a credible monster. I actually don't have a problem with him having the belt. Though again I think they could have taken the opportunity to give the belt to a mid card guy and maybe make a bigger star. The building up to him losing the belt would be easier of course if they hadn't sacrificed him to Cena "the underdog giant killer".

The problem is that I don't think Khali can carry the load needed to carry a world title long term. Can he put together 10-15 minute main events on house shows on a consistent basis? There are several factors that go into being champion beyond booking.

- Build Matt Hardy up to be more of a credible challenge to the title, have him win, then have him feud with Edge upon his return.

That could work. Have Hardy win the belt at Cyber Sunday or whatever the last PPV before Edge's return ends up being. Edge can then return to do a sneak attack on Hardy similar to what Hardy did to him in '05, with no build up or anything so as not to create babyface sympathy heat. "Hardy took Edge's title while he was out with injury like Edge took Hardy's girl while he was out." Use something like that as the storyline and go with it.

Hell, I don't care. I just want to see Hardy with the title.

Khali at least went to wrestling school (and we know the story there) but a guy who chops and screams having the world title just seems so wrong to me.

So I take it you have a problem with Flair's 16 title reigns as well?

No because Flair could work. My initial comment should have read "a guy who just chops and screams...."

Because by the time Edge comes back, the SD title scene might be different and HHH could persuade the creative team to toss him back over on Raw for him to squash en route to a Mania match between himself and Orton.

You know, I understand that its the internet thing to talk about HHH squashing everyone and holding the rest down, but has there been much evidence of this in the past 2 or 3 years other than internet hearsay? He jobs in every big match and hasn't held a title since early 2005. I just really doubt that he wants Booker and Kennedy on Raw to squash them and that he's so upset that Edge was the one who got away. It's totally ridiculous.