TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

SWF GENESIS VI CARD

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF GENESIS VI

LIVE FROM MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2005

(11:00 pm EST, 8:00 pm PST; check local listings)

The theme song for this event is "I Love New York City", by Andrew W.K. The arena will be using a celebratory theme, so feel free to decorate to that if that's the kind of thing you're into. Decorating.

Genesis VI. Last year, between Genesis IV and Genesis V, the World title was passed around like a dirty whore, with several newcomers to the title scene winning the belt. The year between Genesis V and Genesis VI, by contrast, was the year in which those at the top of the card stayed put. Only one man who won the belt in the past year had never held it before, and the latest champion, "Deathwish" Danny Williams, is going into his fourth title reign. This year has been one in which the old guard maintained its position.

However, Genesis is where new careers are springboarded, and this year is no different. In the International title bout, two young stars have the opportunity to steal the show. Across the card, we see new faces in their first time on the big stage, all of whom hope to break out next year. And when it comes to the SWF, there's no better time than between Genesis and the Cold Front Classic to break out of the pack.

Genesis VI. The end and the beginning.

THE CARD:

MAIN EVENT

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

"Deathwish" Danny Williams (SWF World Heavyweight Champion) v. El Luchadore Magnifico

-> And so the SWF will end its fifth year with two very familiar faces. At Genesis II, El Luchadore Magnifico made a name for himself, winning the SWF Championship from Chris Wilson. Three years later, Magnifico is challenging for the World championship again, this time against nemesis Danny Williams.

Williams, on the other hand, has done what he does best since his return: win wrestling matches. His victory in the informal Three-Time Champ Challenge sent Magnifico into a rage, and sealed the two men's collision course for Genesis. Originally, this match was supposed to be about pride, jealousy, and glory, and would have been a sure match of the night candidate. But with the biggest prize in e-wrestling added into the mix, and the prestige of main-eventing the SWF's biggest show, too? This could be the match of the year.

Rules: Standard

Marker: Ace309

SINGLES MATCH

"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins v. "The Superior One" Tom Flesher

-> Spike Jenkins is one big ball of rage against the machine. Ever since his suspension for poisoning Toxxic, Jenkins has been convinced that Creative Control is out to get him. He has made it a habit to ruin family-friendly Lockdown, routinely come to blows with the commissioners of all three shows, and -- perhaps most importantly -- has drawn the ire of the Superior One, Tom Flesher. The legend has come out of retirement, and after his emphatic beatdown of Ced Ordonez on Smarkdown, it's clear that Flesher has some pent-up frustration with Jenkins. If pent-up frustration was gasoline, though, Jenkins would have enough to fill an H2 tank. When these two come to blows... they might just kill each other.

Marker: Chuck Woolery

SINGLES MATCH

Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix v. "Urban Legend" Todd Cortez

-> Sex. Lies. Deception. And as South Dakota turns, Megan Skye finds herself in the middle of a love triangle that's gone further than any one before. At least she's not on a pole in this match.

Maddix and Skye slept together. No big, right? Well, turns out they didn't sleep together. And not only did they not sleep together, but she did sleep with Todd Cortez. That's like insult, and then injury, and as we all know, that's more than Maddix's fragile ego can take. His rage at not getting laid led to him forming an unholy alliance and putting a huge target on Todd Cortez's back. At Genesis, Landon is the silver bullet. The question is, hit... or miss?

Marker: chirs3

SWF INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

"The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke (SWF International Champion) v. Zyon

-> The International Championship has been Jay Hawke's toy for... well, what feels like forever. It's hard to argue with the fact that he's had a dominating reign with the belt, has been able to make it mean something... yadda yadda yadda. Enter Zyon. The bold newcomer, whose flashy offence is a distinct contrast to Hawke's grind offensive, and whose daring attitude has won him fans the internet over. Basically, he's the anti-Jay Hawke. So what will happen when Hawke and anti-Hawke meet, with the International title on the line? Well we're just going to have to find out, aren't we.

Marker: The Superstar

SWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP

HOUSE RULES: WE DESTROYED IT ONCE AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN MATCH

Bruce Blank (SWF Hardcore Champion) v. JJ Johnson

-> Bruce Blank has got to be the most surprising Hardcore champion we've had in a while. In his first defence of the belt, he's facing JJ Johnson. Boys, you're going to war. In a toy store.

Rules: No rules. The match will begin in the lobby of FAO Schwartz. First man to score a pinfall, submission, or knock out wins.

SINGLES MATCH

TORU v. Marcus "The Mastermind" Ward

-> After a bitter, bitter loss to the team of Ward and Bruce Blank not too long ago, TKO looked poised to face them again at Genesis. Since Blank is preoccupied with Johnson, however, one-half of TKO, TORU, will be doing the job (foreshadowing?) alone tonight, going head-to-head with the Mastermind.

Marker: realitycheck

SWF WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

TWO ON TWO MATCH

Wild and Dangerous (Wildchild and Johnny Dangerous, SWF World Tag Team Champions) v. The Crimson Skull and Ghost Machine

-> Tom Flesher was sitting in a room one day and said, "Man, who would make a fun tag team?" He proceeded to throw darts at a wall, and thirty minutes later THIS TEAM WAS BORN. The Crimson Skull and his new best friend, Ghost Machine, get the chance of a lifetime on the biggest stage in professional e-wrestling, going toe-to-toe with the Tag Team champions, Wild and Dangerous, with no rules. No rules. This could get ugly... but in a pretty way.

Rules: No rules. Tags are not required. First team to score a pinfall, submission, or knock out wins.

Marker: Justice

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Akira v. Manson v. Devon Walters

-> It's SWF tradtion to have a completely random #1 contendership match at Genesis, and this year we're giving Manson, Akira, and Devon Walters that glorious opportunity. Whoever wins this match has a guaranteed title shot on the 9/28 edition of Lockdown, and the chance to rocket themself up the card. For Manson, it's a chance at reward after years of struggle. For the other two, it's a chance to finally make a name for yourself.

Rules: Standard triple threat rules. First pin/submission/knockout wins. If one man is disqualified, it becomes a one-on-one affair. Also, CC says that if the winning match is less than 2500 words, the #1 contendership is revoked.

Marker: realitycheck

Writers: Your matches are due to markers by 11:00 PM EST. Absolutely no exceptions will be made. Promos are due to me, Chuck Woolery, by 12:30 PM EST. If you don't get it in by then, save it for Storm or the boards.

Markers: Marked matches will be due to me by 1:00 AM EST, September 19. If you don't think you'll be able to get stuff marked in that time span, let me know so I can take you off the card.

Edited by Chuck Woolery

Man I wish I didn't have anything going on for Genesis, I might be in a World Title Shot match ;)

Looks like a decent card, I'm feelin like a huge underdog goin one v. one with TORU. We'll see what I can do :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!! I hope SWF got insurance

if not - well too bad :D this'll be awesomely fun, and funnily awesome all rolled up into one.

SWF HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP

HOUSE RULES: WE DESTROYED IT ONCE AND WE CAN DO IT AGAIN MATCH

Bruce Blank (SWF Hardcore Champion) v. JJ Johnson

-> Bruce Blank has got to be the most surprising Hardcore champion we've had in a while. In his first defence of the belt, he's facing JJ Johnson. Boys, you're going to war. In a toy store.

Rules: No rules. The match will begin in the lobby of FAO Schwartz. First man to score a pinfall, submission, or knock out wins.

Fuckin' A.

Excellent card. This is going to be a fantastic show.

Boo. "O Fortuna" is supposed to be the official Genesis theme for all times.

It's a good, solid card, really. But just like last year, nothing really jumps out at me as a "holy shit, this is going to bring the house down" match. I'm also hoping that, unlike last year's Genesis, there are going to be promos and storylines weaved in throughout the show, and retirees coming out of the woodwork to remind us why this is our flagship PPV, and why the SWF is so great. Surprise me, people.

-Z

Boo. "O Fortuna" is supposed to be the official Genesis theme for all times.

It's a good, solid card, really. But just like last year, nothing really jumps out at me as a "holy shit, this is going to bring the house down" match. I'm also hoping that, unlike last year's Genesis, there are going to be promos and storylines weaved in throughout the show, and retirees coming out of the woodwork to remind us why this is our flagship PPV, and why the SWF is so great. Surprise me, people.

-Z

So come out of the woodwork. Come on, you booked for all those years, it's time to put some EFFORT back in!

;)

Man I am so psyched! my first SWF PPV and it's the big one

no word limit match either - make or break time :D I'll have to pull out a long one AND a spectacular one, the stip requires it!

this will be awesome - and a very solid card!

Name for the Skull & Machine team - "Deux Ex Machina", cause Skull is my god and Machine is... a machine ;)

Guest Suicide King

Nice. I eagerly look forward to reading this show, and will attempt to turn in a promo for its momentousness.

This is of course assuming you all haven't turned me into Bobby Riley with a poker gimmick on the announce table. ;)

Did Genesis IV have a music video, or was that III?

Is anyone doing the old school Genesis "Tale Of The Tapes" this year? I can knock them up and send them to Mike to edit in if need be. Because, lets face it, what would Genesis be without Tale Of The Tape?

Erm I'd be happy to do one for the Hardcore match

but I'm not sure exactly what an SWF style "Tale of the tape" is

<= n00b

Did Genesis IV have a music video, or was that III?

Is anyone doing the old school Genesis "Tale Of The Tapes" this year? I can knock them up and send them to Mike to edit in if need be. Because, lets face it, what would Genesis be without Tale Of The Tape?

I've already got one in mine, but thanks for offering.

It's gonna be a bitch figuring out how to format it so that it shows up like I want it to on the boards, heh.

Wow... the first Genesis since the original that I am not involved in some way. Feels a little odd, I have to say.

Good luck to everyone. This is the big show of the year, and the card looks terrific.

I was going to do a music video regarding the World Title, like last year.

Yeah, please let me know if you're going to be doing your own tale of the tape. I was dangerously close to doing some actual work there for a few minutes.

-Z

TALE OF THE TAPE

Ejiro Fasaki

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 188lbs

Bench: 290lbs

Move List: 26 practiced moves, 2 variables.

Finisher(s): Ejirocation, Cobra Crossface.

Accomplishments: SJL Eropean Champion, SJL World Champion, SWF Tag Team Champion(Longest Reign), SWF United States Champion.

Last Five: 4-1

Va'aiga

Height: 6'8"

Weight: 305lbs

Bench: 475lbs

Move List: 26 practiced moves, 4 variables.

Finisher(s): Maori Drop, Pacific Stretch.

Accomplishments: SJL World Champion, SWF Tag Team Champion.

Last Five: 2-2-1

POWER ADVANTAGE: Va'aiga

LEVERAGE ADVANTAGE: Va'aiga

SPEED ADVANTAGE: Ejiro Fasaki

EXPERIENCE ADVANTAGE: Va'aiga

TECHNICAL ADVANTAGE: Ejiro Fasaki

HOT/COLD: Ejiro Fasaki (Hot)

OVERALL ADVANTAGE: Va'aiga