TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

I just can't wait until Sandman gets to cane the shit out of McMahon. I won't be surprised if it never happens, but it should. Unless I am missing somebody on the New Breed side of things, it loks like the Originals outnumber the New Breed, which is great storytelling by the bookers here. Usually the faces are outnumbered by the heels, however in this instance it just makes the Originals look weaker than the WWECW New Breed of Cor Von, Burke, Striker and Thorn.

I think one of the Originals should sell out to McMahon and join the New Breed. Have McMahon make the offer, and then have him claim that somebody has accepted his offer however for the time being that person will remain a mystery as to be a mole in the Originals lockerroom. This of course woudl cause mistrust and dissent amongst the Originals. Eventually have either Sandman or Dreamer unveiled as the sellout. This would make the odds 5-4 in favor of the New Breed, which would lead to Punk joining with the Originals. Come the WM23 match Corporate Dreamer or Corporate Sandman could jump back to the Originals, costing the New Breed the match and explain that he was a mole/spy for the Originals. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have this wrestler then expose CM Punk as a double agent, as he was funneling information back to McMahon all along.

More from F4W on Flair's tirade on Carlito:

The office itself scripted the promo, word-for-word, and it was what it appeared to be, a total burial of Carlito. The majority of the speech was derived from road agents reports on Carlito, as he's felt to be lazy on house shows too, with Brian Gewirtz making it a little more inflamatory with the end result being what we saw. People know Carlito can do better, but because he doesn't he got the public burial. Alvarez brought up that we get stuff like this because they're not going to let anyone go to TNA, and they're also worried about WSX as well.

At least we'll get some comedy on Raw when it comes to public burials.

I wonder who'll be next?

Because Bam Bam Bigelow passed away with little to no money left, several Northeastern wrestlers led by wrestling legend Afa started to raise money for his funeral. Afa was recently contacted by WWE (it's been rumored that he'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year along with Sika), and in the course of his conversation with Vince McMahon, McMahon agreed to pay for the funeral. There were two funerals for Bigelow, one in New Jersey and one in Florida. McMahon payed for the NJ one. Local wrestlers in Florida raised money for the Florida one. Several members from his old biker club were at the NJ one, along with wrestlers from the NJ area. Also, Mick Foley was there. DDP flew from California and Brother Ray flew from Florida to attend the funeral as well.

More from F4W on Flair's tirade on Carlito:

The office itself scripted the promo, word-for-word, and it was what it appeared to be, a total burial of Carlito. The majority of the speech was derived from road agents reports on Carlito, as he's felt to be lazy on house shows too, with Brian Gewirtz making it a little more inflamatory with the end result being what we saw. People know Carlito can do better, but because he doesn't he got the public burial. Alvarez brought up that we get stuff like this because they're not going to let anyone go to TNA, and they're also worried about WSX as well.

At least we'll get some comedy on Raw when it comes to public burials.

I wonder who'll be next?

What does this do for company morale?

I don't understand who'd really want to wrestle for WWE anymore. The low pay for anyone not in the main event coupled with all the political crap, really doesn't make it seem worth it.

ECW has now become a vehicle to make Bobby Lashley a superstar. Vince McMahon is determined to make Lashley look as strong as possible. The new idea is to make Lashley into an unstoppable, dominant champion. The ECW brand is now the catalyst that gives Lashley the credibility to be one of the company's top stars. ECW as a concept is pretty much dead, only surviving because they have a television commitment on Sci Fi to live up to. The main point of the brand is that when it's all over, Lashley can be moved over to one of the other brands and be seen as an equal to the other world champions.

wrestling observer

So, ecw will only be around till whenever the contract runs out?

Guest GiantRutgersFan

The ratings are low and Vince Mcmahon doesnt like the brand.

Do you think that Vince will end ECW after their contract on Sci Fi channel comes to an end and bring the workers on to Smackdown/Raw?

So what happens to everyone else not named Lashley, Cor Von, or Burke once ECW is dead?

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'RE FIRED!

Check out this unintentionally hilarious quote from President of CW Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff:

"I have to say the WWE, Vince and Linda (McMahon), have been incredible partners. They really have been," she said. "I have to say they are excellent show producers. ... They know their characters better than anybody. They understand what their audience is looking for, and who their audience is, better than anything. They have been doing this for a long time, and their business is more than just this show. It is truly a whole culture, a phenomenon."

Speaking of unintentionally hilarious:

In her latest blog on wwe.com Candice talks about pissing on the side of the road and then uses the sign off at the end of the blog: "stay classy".

I think one of the Originals should sell out to McMahon and join the New Breed. Have McMahon make the offer, and then have him claim that somebody has accepted his offer however for the time being that person will remain a mystery as to be a mole in the Originals lockerroom. This of course woudl cause mistrust and dissent amongst the Originals. Eventually have either Sandman or Dreamer unveiled as the sellout. This would make the odds 5-4 in favor of the New Breed, which would lead to Punk joining with the Originals. Come the WM23 match Corporate Dreamer or Corporate Sandman could jump back to the Originals, costing the New Breed the match and explain that he was a mole/spy for the Originals. If you wanted to take it a step further, you could have this wrestler then expose CM Punk as a double agent, as he was funneling information back to McMahon all along.

Honestly, that's one of the worst ideas I've ever read. Almost as stupid as Austin and Kurt Angle joining the alliance during the Invasion.

Honestly, that's one of the worst ideas I've ever read. Almost as stupid as Austin and Kurt Angle joining the alliance during the Invasion.

Outside of one of the originals actually switching sides, I don't think it's a bad idea actually. The New Breed would have to be 'losing the feud' though for Vince to go out of his way to claim that someone is switching. Build off miscommunications and whatnot on the originals side, and it could create some tension. Just make sure that no one actually switches. I mean, can you really see Dreamer, Sandman, Balls, RVD, or Sabu going corporate?

Check out this unintentionally hilarious quote from President of CW Entertainment, Dawn Ostroff:

"I have to say the WWE, Vince and Linda (McMahon), have been incredible partners. They really have been," she said. "I have to say they are excellent show producers. ... They know their characters better than anybody. They understand what their audience is looking for, and who their audience is, better than anything. They have been doing this for a long time, and their business is more than just this show. It is truly a whole culture, a phenomenon."

Ha! That's awesome considering it's pretty well documented McMahon has been hands-off with SmackDown and generally doesn't know wtf is going on with that show....the only good one of the three WWE programs.

Outside of one of the originals actually switching sides, I don't think it's a bad idea actually. The New Breed would have to be 'losing the feud' though for Vince to go out of his way to claim that someone is switching. Build off miscommunications and whatnot on the originals side, and it could create some tension. Just make sure that no one actually switches. I mean, can you really see Dreamer, Sandman, Balls, RVD, or Sabu going corporate?

They need to bring back Foley so he can do the Unkle Eric promos again and I remember Mr. Monday Nite RVD going corporate back in 97 when he turned heel.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=22795&p=1

FULL WWE RAW, SMACKDOWN AND ECW RATINGS REPORT

by Dave Scherer @ 10:10:00 PM on 2/7/2007

As we mentioned earlier today, Monday's Raw did a 4.1 cable rating. The show did a 6.0 share and hours of 4.0 and 4.1. That is down from last week's 4.2.

The 2/3 edition of AM Raw did a 0.7 cable rating, with a 2.7 share.

The 2/2 edition of Friday Night Smackdown scored a massive 3.1 broadcast rating, with a 5.2 share. Off of the top of my head, I believe that is the best number that they have done since moving to Friday nights.

Last night's edition of ECW on Sci Fi did a 1.4 cable rating, with a 2.3 share, down from the previous week's 1.7. Even with Vince McMahon on the show this week again, the number dropped in a big way.

Guest Totally Crazy

okay...so why have around half a dozen Originals on a job on a show that survives based on name power? They should have just gone right from the beginning on what they're intentions were. I mean Vince hates hardcore matches for crap sakes!!! They should have just kept RVD, Sabu and Balls Mahoney on smackdown and put Sandman and Dreamer on RAW in the tage division. That way they'd have been free to use the third brand as they want, with no expectations for ECW. Having new superstars and other superstars from other brands with no room just get in and develop.That would have been a better way to go about things, I think, rather than just having disapoint us every effing week.

I agree, however suspect that Balls, Sandman, Sabu and the rest of the unemployed Originals would have never been hired and if for nothing else this (WW)ECW got them a pretty solid paycheck for the time being and probably will help their indy purses once they are fired.

VKM wanted to use the ECW momentum out of ONS, though seemingly got bored with the idea when it didn't take off.

Guest Totally Crazy
I agree, however suspect that Balls, Sandman, Sabu and the rest of the unemployed Originals would have never been hired and if for nothing else this (WW)ECW got them a pretty solid paycheck for the time being and probably will help their indy purses once they are fired.

VKM wanted to use the ECW momentum out of ONS, though seemingly got bored with the idea when it didn't take off.

That's just ridiculous. They could have just stuck withthose T.V specials that hey had going, you know, just hype it up for a little while with some interbrand action, and go all hardcore.Easy, right? But no, we have to deal with with them handling their talent like morons while there's an alternative product just itching for a two hour time slot. Total BS.

I think Test will probably join up with the New Breed.

CM Punk should be a "Free Agent" courted by both sides, finally joining the Orginals at the end and replacing an "injured" Orginal like Dreamer and do 5 on 5 in WM

Former Smackdown diva Amy Zidian, who appeared briefly on Smackdown as Jimmy Wang Yang's valet, left a nasty message on Kristal's web page accusing the diva of getting her fired. She also posted a picture of Kristal and her dog Ginger, and used Matt Striker's face on the dog. (Striker and Kristal have been dating). Zidian wrote, "maybe you should let him off his leash from time to time." She also wrote, "Thanks for running to Stephanie and trying to get me fired. You got the job done you bald skank." On December 13, 2006, Zidian was released by WWE.

Credit:Wrestling Observer/Gerweck

Gerweck didn't have a link so somebody find that picture.

this just came to my attention...But is there no PPV at all in March?

Nope.

This isn't the first time since the 12-whatever PPVs a year it's happened though.

If we're going to get multiple shows per month (January, April, June, November, December), we should get more months without a PPV.

this just came to my attention...But is there no PPV at all in March?

Nope.

This isn't the first time since the 12-whatever PPVs a year it's happened though.

If we're going to get multiple shows per month (January, April, June, November, December), we should get more months without a PPV.

If it were up to Vince, we'd probably have a PPV every week. :P

I found it amusing that Vince was calling the ECW Originals a bunch of has-beens, when at Wrestlemania, HBK & UT are competing for WWE Titles.

Though Snitsky....well he looks odd being all shaved.

Well that, and all his added muscle mass and HORRENDOUS acne scattered all over his body indicating steroid use.

Really, I am not sure how beating Snitsky, Test, Holly is really helping Lashley. If Vince is serious about Lashley, why not just put him back on Smackdown and/or Raw and start beating some stars. It would be better for both Lashley and the ECW brand overall.