TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TysonTomko420

Comments which don't warrant a thread

Out of curiosity, is the new IC Champ the kid that Cornette slapped around before he got fired? I think I remember reading his real name as Anthony Carelli.

Yes, he's the guy who went crying to John Laurinaitis when the retired 150lb wrestling manager slapped him a few times.

Wasn't the problem that Cornette did it in front of other wrestlers and staffers backstage?

Out of curiosity, is the new IC Champ the kid that Cornette slapped around before he got fired? I think I remember reading his real name as Anthony Carelli.

Yes, he's the guy who went crying to John Laurinaitis when the retired 150lb wrestling manager slapped him a few times.

Wasn't the problem that Cornette did it in front of other wrestlers and staffers backstage?

The problem was that Cornette did it at all. Cornette shouldn't have slapped Carelli, but when the first thing the guys does afterwards is to go crying to management rather than at least trying to sort things out face to face, it just makes him look like a total pussy.

Cornette's job is not to assault people.

True. But going to management is the last thing you do not the first. If Carelli had at least tried to sort things out with Cornette face to face, I would have at least understood him going straight to Johnny Ace, because he might have felt like he couldn't straighten things out with Cornette. But he went straight to management instead of trying to sort things out with Cornette man to man. That makes him a pussy.

True. But going to management is the last thing you do not the first. If Carelli had at least tried to sort things out with Cornette face to face, I would have at least understood him going straight to Johnny Ace, because he might have felt like he couldn't straighten things out with Cornette. But he went straight to management instead of trying to sort things out with Cornette man to man. That makes him a pussy.

No it doesn't. Fuck Cornette. Why waste your time trying to deal with an asshole like that?

Companies like that have a chain of command, for you dense individuals, a pecking order for situations like that.

He is a pussy. I don't know about you, but if someone started slapping me, the last thing I'd be doing is crying to management.

Didn't he set Cornette off because he started to laugh when the Boogeyman debuted instead of cowering in fear as he was supposed to do?

Correct. The trainees, including Carelli, were told to cower away from the Boogeyman and act all scared to sell fear. Carelli didn't do what he was told, started laughing instead, and this, understandably, upset Cornette. That's not to justify what Cornette did, because you can't, but Carelli was expressly told what to do, and he didn't do it.

And *none* of us were there to see what really happend. For all intents and purposes, Carelli when confronted by Cornette, probably mouthed off and disrespected him in a fashion that made Cornette knock him silly.

Possible? Yes. Do we know for certain, no.

Maybe because Cornette's insane? I don't see how this makes the guy a "pussy" in any way, shape, or form.

Not to jump on the "Corny=bad" bandwagon, but he doesn't seem like the type to sit down with people and talk issues over. He has always come off to me as a guy who had no respect for people in general, unless he had a prior great working relationship with the person.

I don't know why he had any obligation to go to Cornette and "straighten things out". Yeah, maybe if Cornette yelled at him in front of the boys, then he should have tucked his tail and apologized. But he was struck by Cornette - how do you sort things out then? Cornette was in a position of power, and whether Cornette had final say or not on developmental (and he didn't), he basically controlled Carelli's fate.

And again, I thought the big deal was that he struck Carelli in front of the other wrestlers, and no one there condoned it.

From the Figure Four Weekly after Cornette was fired...

It started with the debut of Marty Wright, the huge black guy from Tough Enough that was cut because WWE, in the legendary words of John Lauranitis, doesn’t like liars. He was a 40-year-old who claimed he was 30, looked 30, and outperformed all of the competitors that really were 30. But he LIED about his age, so they cut him. Soon afterwards, they realized the absurdity of this, signed him and sent him to Ohio Valley. The word we got was that in terms of his in-ring, he was nowhere near ready, but his persona was out of this world and he could cut awesome promos. In fact, we were told that he either did the most believe insanity gimmick in all of history or he really was insane.

WWE took out a trademark on The Boogey Man, gave the name to him, and he was set to debut on OVW TV last Wednesday. Jim Cornette built him up like crazy, saying he was axed from Smackdown because he was a dangerous criminal with a record (not true) and a pathological liar (perhaps true, though that might serve him well in this business). A bunch of trainees presumably from the “Goof Class” (beginner class) were told to sit in the front row as plants and act terrified when he came out. One of them was a man named Johnny Geo Basco.

So Boogey Man came out, and instead of acting scared, Johnny Geo Basco took one look at him and started laughing hysterically. I should note that while I have not see this on TV yet, I am told that Boogey, perhaps in an unplanned moment, came out with ANTLERS on his head. Perhaps Basco had no idea this was going to happen and really was in hysterics at the site of this terrifying man coming to the ring wearing antlers.

Regardless, he laughed, and Cornette was outraged. He confronted Basco backstage and Basco intimated that he didn’t feel he’d done anything wrong. Cornette went nuts and slapped him at least a dozen times, right in front of everyone. I don’t think I talked to one person who thought his actions were justified. Basco called the office to issue a complaint and the rest is history.

No offense to anyones opinion but at that time Jim Cornette is more or less his boss. And he's acting in a highly unprofessional manner, which for Cornette really isn't surprising......If Corny wants to yell at the guy and be pissed and tell him that isn't how you do things, fine I get that.

But you do not slap people in the face and act even more out of line than you are getting mad about him being. As far as I'm concerned Cornette got what he deserved, keep your hands to yourself.

If Jim Cornette slaps you, be a man. Slap him back and threaten to beat the shit out of him. Your a worker, don't be a pussy. Even if u keep it inside, its better than telling on him.

And every person who agrees with what the loser did is probably a pussy themselves. Get some balls.

Maybe because Cornette's insane? I don't see how this makes the guy a "pussy" in any way, shape, or form.

Holy shit, are you like 5'8 140 or something? He slapped him, he didnt injure him. Fuck, he didnt even punch him. He set in a disrespecting punk back in his place. A GRWON MAN for fucks sake. You sound like such a pussy Baron.

I'm sorry, but the career killer would have been to lay a hand on Cornette. I think Carelli handled it properly. If he didn;t complain and tried to sit down with the man who holds your career in his hands, who just smacked you numerous times and try to work it out - that's when you look like the mook. There is a youtube video around of Cornette reaming some drive thru kid for messing up his order or something - the guy is a piece of work.

Anybody who thinks Carelli, who has some MMA training if his Myspace is to be believed, a fit twenty something couldn't take a fat, old dumpy guy in cokebottle glasses I'd say you are absolutely nuts. I mean if some parapelegic starts slapping on my, I'm not going to lay the smackdown just because I have the right to defend myself.

Will Carelli have to prove his toughness on the road - maybe somebody will take a poke at him, but I'm betting he can handle himself.

If Jim Cornette slaps you, be a man. Slap him back and threaten to beat the shit out of him. Your a worker, don't be a pussy. Even if u keep it inside, its better than telling on him.

And every person who agrees with what the loser did is probably a pussy themselves. Get some balls.

If the guy threaten to beat the shit out of Cornette, not only would he have lost his job but he more than likely would have had his ass beat by the vets. In all rights, Santigo did the right thing by going to the office about it.

Maybe he liked having a job.

I mean if some parapelegic starts slapping on my, I'm not going to lay the smackdown just because I have the right to defend myself.

Not even one boot?

94ec6cab15.jpg

Gotta prove that this is a fake...

That's never stopped WWE from recycling pictures though:

51CVVC1TWCL._AA240_.jpg511ZE1949KL._AA240_.jpg

This whole debate over Cornette and Santino is rediculous. In any professional work place, hitting someone is not tolerated. End of debate, there is nothing to argue about. If my manager at Best Buy is pissed at me, he can't hit me. And if he hits me, even if he has trouble walking, it would just make matters worse if I were to hit him back. This isn't about proving who is a bigger man or proving oneself to not be a pussy, it is pretty black and white. If you hit someone in the work place, let alone multiple times, you do not deserve to keep your job.

Exactly.

All these people saying "Oh, nut up or shut up poser!" about Carelli are fooling themselves. Whether it's because it's because they worship the ground Corny walks on or whether they're just deluded and trying to play the internet gangsta, whatever. For the record I love Cornette's work. But if your boss slaps you at work today, you're not going to slap him back because then you don't have a job. You're going to go over his head and tell someone about what happened. Doesn't matter if you're a professional wrestling or you're working at McDonalds, this isn't about 'tough guy reps'. This isn't the 1970s, the business simply isn't the same.

Cornette was wrong. Carelli did what anyone would have done. End of story.

Bob is like 5'3'' and maybe 110 pounds.

I weigh a lot more then that.

But the moral of the story is don't hit your employees.

Not- if you get slapped by your boss and go tell upper management, you're a pussy