TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

Cleveland Cavaliers vs San Antonio Spurs

Fuck San Antonio right in the goddamned eye.

It should be a interesting matchup. Two teams that can rebound the fuck out of the ball, no one can matchup with anyone....it ought to be pretty interesting.

I hope Cleveland wins because...once again, someone should fornicate with San Antonio's eye.

Great...my two least favorite teams in the NBA Finals. Guess I'll be rooting for the Spurs. Like someone said in the other thread, rooting for LeBron would be like rooting for Jordan. He'll have his signature moments, but I don't expect the Cavs to beat the Spurs. Normally I'd say Spurs in 5 but I'll give the Cavs 2 games and say Spurs in 6.

Guest Vitamin X

I agree with MFerXtreme there, but I'll be rooting for the Cavs because I just hate the Spurs so, so much.

I love Duncan, Pop and the Spurs, I love that people will actually be watching because Jordan, Tiger, Peyton, LeBron is playing. I love that everyone is going to be rooting against San Antonio because they're "boring" etc.

I'm a little afraid of the Wade effect and the Spurs ability to defend James being impaired, but I'm hopeful the refs can keep that shit in check. Bowen v. LeBron is a fun matchup, Bowen is overmatched, but he can still bother LeBron enough to mess with his game. The Spurs team D will be a lot better than what the Cavs saw v. Detroit. All those wide open looks guys got won't be there, San Antonio will force guys to put it on the floor and create off of the openings that LeBron creates for them, and while Detroit offered virtually nothing in the way of paint defense (aside from fouling), Duncan might be the best paint defender in the game and the other San Antonio bigs are adept at clogging the middle. Parker is a huge mismatch against the Cavs' PGs and they don't have the personel to exploit him on the other end. I'm not going to completely discount the Cavs and I think it's a given that LeBron can will them to a win or two, but San Antonio should and probably will win.

I'm hoping the oddsmakers overrate the Cavs, it could be a good opportunity to make some bank

I don't know how anyone could overrate the Cavs, considering at 50-32 they're a particularly weak team to make the finals. They're about like the 2002-03 era Nets and will probably fare about like that Nets team did against the Spurs (6 games). The only difference is that LeBron has now shown an ability to dominate a game, which separates them from those ho hum Nets teams.

I will say Spurs in 6 games, but I wouldn't be enormously surprised if an upset occurred here.

I guess the Cavs proved everyone wrong by beating Detroit, but I think the Spurs are really going to put the boots to 'em, so to speak.

Tim Duncan should be taking Gooden to school, Parker will have his way with Gibson, and while the Spurs bring difference makers like Manu and Horry off the bench, the Cavs will respond with... Varejao? Talk about having mismatches all over the floor. Lebron should still be effective even with Bowen on him, but his ability to finish at the basket will take a hit with the shot blockers the Spurs have. Most importantly, the Spurs won't fold like a cheap tent under the slightest signs of pressure like the Pistons. Cleveland's best hope will be to get some 8 on 5 action going, but since the Spurs always seem to get the benefit of the doubt (for reasons I can't understand), that doesn't seem so likely. I'll take San Antonio in 5.

Guest George's Box

I want Spurs in 4, but the damage has already been done. It's already bad enough that Limestone Head has gotten this far this soon.

You know what just really hit me? The cleveland fucking cavs are in the finals. It feels like last week that Ricky Davis was their go to guy and now they are in the fucking NBA finals. Geez.

Guest George's Box

Remember the Bulls getting officiated out of their last game of the year against the Nets to determine who got the #2 seed? I'll never forget.

Spurs sweep the Cavs.

Only bad thing is I get to hear ESPN "analysis" about how supposedly shitty the city of San Antonio is and how they hate having to go there.

San Antonio in 5. Because...well, it's Cleveland. They don't win titles in Cleveland.

QFT . . . and I'm a Cleveland homer. Or maybe, QFT because I'm a Cleveland homer.

I figure the Cavs will take 2 and give San Antonio quite a scare when the series goes to Cleveland. And for those sick of hearing about LeBron/Cavs on ESPN, too fucking bad. This city's sports teams have sucked their own asses for so many years so I don't feel the least bit apologetic.

Is it really that hard to figure out that if you don't like the hype sessions... to turn off the TV?

Spurs in a sweep, but I hope for the Cavs to take it in 7.

If your one of those people who thinks everything is a fix these days, you have an exciting time of figuring out if Stern abandons his plan to give the Spurs another championship, now that the King is in the finals.

I won't be watching this shit. This is the worst possible matchup for the NBA Finals. The Spurs, while great, are boring, and the Cavs are probably the worst team in the Finals...ever... They have one amazing talent, and a bunch of scrubs. They just lucked out in that they drew a lazy Detroit team coached by Flip Saunders in the conference finals. This is reason #11 why letting Larry Brown talk to other teams, will be the ultimate downfall of the Pistons. Under him, they had fire and passion, under Flip they have a "we can turn it on whenever" aura about them that has pissed me off for the last two years. I hope the Cavs win since it will shut up all the idiots who think Lebron at 22 should be as good as Jordan at 30. If he can get a consistient jumper, I think he might actually be better than Jordan, just because he physically is so damn imposing.

Guest George's Box
Isn't Ilgauskus one of the best centers in the league?

Ilgauskas looks like the Cavaliers were a man short and had to ask somebody's dad to fill in.

Isn't Ilgauskus one of the best centers in the league?

Ilgauskas looks like the Cavaliers were a man short and had to ask somebody's dad to fill in.

shit...remember Arvidas Sabonis?

While Ilgauskas is not the most athletic center out there, the dude has gone through missing two years due to injuries to his feet, yet still hustles his ass off for loose balls, cashes in on 2nd chance points, and has a nice perimeter shot (which hasn't really been showcased too much in the postseason yet).

And he's not My Vidas, he's not Your Vidas, he's Arvidas.

As much as I dislike San Antonio, they really are much better than the Cavs.

I only home Lebron can make this series competitive enough to make it watchable.

Why is it that when Lebron isn't even the star of the game that clinched the Finals birth it's still "Lebron and some scrubs"? Does anybody outside of one guy at ESPN even consider that maybe the team is better than people thought?

That being said, as a Cleveland fan I have to predict San Antonio is going to win because if I thought Cleveland had the better team, it's Cleveland. God himself would grab Lebron and Z by the back of the jersey and hold them on the ceiling so it was 5-on-3 the entire game if it would cost Cleveland a championship.

I'll be avoiding ESPN and any sports related shows now, and for the forseeable future. I am so tired of hearing how John Doe is better than Michael Jordan, or Wilt Chamberlin, etc. NO THEY'RE NOT.

LeBron's performance in Game 5 was great and all, but did he score 63 against the '86 Boston Celtics? Could he score that much against them? Nope.

The Spurs have too much firepower for the Cav's to handle anyway.

I have no idea what to think about this series. On pure talent, the Spurs should wrap this up in 4 or 5, but Lebron's been good enough to carry his team to at least two victories in this series. I've doubted this Cavs team all season and they keep enduring. I wouldn't be shocked to see them win this thing.

But gun to my head, I'll say Spurs in six. Doesn't it seem like the Spurs always win in six?

I'll be avoiding ESPN and any sports related shows now, and for the forseeable future. I am so tired of hearing how John Doe is better than Michael Jordan, or Wilt Chamberlin, etc. NO THEY'RE NOT.

LeBron's performance in Game 5 was great and all, but did he score 63 against the '86 Boston Celtics? Could he score that much against them? Nope.

The Spurs have too much firepower for the Cav's to handle anyway.

Lebron was bigger than basically the entire 86' boston team and just as atheletic as the guy that did drop 63. We are talking about two different eras here, but seriously, who the fuck could they have put on him to stop him from putting up 80 on them? And while you could hand check then, people don't realize that when people hand check you, they are basically telling you which way you can go to get by them.

The Celtics would have won in a blow out though.

Lebron has height and muslce mass but there's few I can see effectively bullying the Celtics. He would most likely get raped on the inside if he tried to swing his weight around. Yeah, there's nobody on the Celtics that could hold Lebron one on one but it's not like they would be playing him man up anyway and I'm not sure he has the savy that Jordan had to slip around everything the Celtics were throwing at him. It would be interesting to see though, but yeah; it would be a blow out either way.

And while Lebron played a great game against a very good favored team, it's not enough to overcome the mythical aura of Jordan's acrobatics against the most endured of the Bird led Celtic Championship teams. If he was to do the same thing against the Spurs it still might be enough, fair or not that's the way it is.

any team that plays good defense and *rebounds* the ball very well always has a chance, in any series, so Cleveland can definately put up a fight. I've got the Spurs in 6 though. Timmy D is just phenomenal, i'm continually impressed by how quietly good he is. Most importantly though, they have Greg Popovich, who is the top, or at least top 3, coaches in the NBA. They're not dealing with Flop Saunders anymore.