TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
geniusMoment

Perry Saturn

This is from the F4W Forum from Meltzer:

All of his close friends believe he is not alive, but nobody has any proof one way or the other. Every few months they ask me to try and do a missing persons search on him and we always turn up nothing. At Kowalski's funeral, it was the No. 1 topic of conversation and his friends were all sayin they didn't believe he was alive.

But again, we have no proof of that. Maybe he's a secret witness or something given a new identity.

Who thought the Radicalz would end up like this. Dean, I hope you're watching yourself

I hope he's alright, but shit, if you were to say that about 8 years later, 3/4 of the Radicalz were dead, I wouldnt believe you.

I know a few years ago he got shot:

Wrestling-News.com and USA Pro is reporting that former ECW, WCW, NWA TNA and WWE (as part of the Radicalz) star Perry Saturn is making his return to the ring at a USA Pro show in September, following a long layoff due to injury.

From USA Pro:

In April of 2004 Perry Saturn was driving his girlfriend to work when he heard what he thought was an argument next to a vehicle. When he approached the vehicle, he saw two men trying to restrain a woman as they were raping her. Without hesitation, he grabbed both men off her, and started fighting with them. As he was able to get the woman free from her attackers, he felt a burning sensation in his neck. He thought originally it was a cut stemming from a punch. However, he learned soonafter he was shot three times in the neck with a 25 caliber handgun.

Perry Saturn now has a steel plate and 3 stainless steel screws where his C-5, C-6 and C-7 vertabre in his neck were badly injured. The good news is that after a very tough and extensive amount of physical therapy and training, he is able to return to wrestling. When you think about it, it's amazing he is even alive, or even able to walk!"

I always thought Saturn was very underrated.

He's not "missing" per se, it's just that no one in wrestling has heard from him in years, so they've asked Meltzer to look at any missing persons database.

I know a few years ago he got shot:

Wrestling-News.com and USA Pro is reporting that former ECW, WCW, NWA TNA and WWE (as part of the Radicalz) star Perry Saturn is making his return to the ring at a USA Pro show in September, following a long layoff due to injury.

From USA Pro:

In April of 2004 Perry Saturn was driving his girlfriend to work when he heard what he thought was an argument next to a vehicle. When he approached the vehicle, he saw two men trying to restrain a woman as they were raping her. Without hesitation, he grabbed both men off her, and started fighting with them. As he was able to get the woman free from her attackers, he felt a burning sensation in his neck. He thought originally it was a cut stemming from a punch. However, he learned soonafter he was shot three times in the neck with a 25 caliber handgun.

Perry Saturn now has a steel plate and 3 stainless steel screws where his C-5, C-6 and C-7 vertabre in his neck were badly injured. The good news is that after a very tough and extensive amount of physical therapy and training, he is able to return to wrestling. When you think about it, it's amazing he is even alive, or even able to walk!"

I always thought Saturn was very underrated.

Wow, I never heard that story before. That was awesome of Saturn to do something like that. I hope he's allright as well.

Apparently Saturn was a real badass mofo, to the point where I've heard stories about him bitching out New Jack and Jack just sitting there with his head down and taking it.

I have always loved that story...I just imagine Saturn being so pissed that two men were hurting a woman that he didn't even feel getting shot in the neck...he's a real hero and I hope that he's still with us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Saturn#Currently

Don't know if it's true. It doesn't say he's missing.

That actually is true (referencing the Albert Lea location).......or it has to be at least partly because I had a friend who, about a year or year and a half ago, actually worked with Saturn on some industrial contracting job in Owatonna, MN, which is about 30some miles from Albert Lea. So he's just stayed local to this area all this time. Weird he'd end up here of all places (I live about an hour from these locations) but it makes sense if he wants out of the spotlight. This is about as hokey dokey as you can get, full of farmers and the like.

You should send Meltzer that Wiki link and he could track down who wrote it, etc.

I have always loved that story...I just imagine Saturn being so pissed that two men were hurting a woman that he didn't even feel getting shot in the neck...he's a real hero and I hope that he's still with us.

Me as well. I was always lukewarm on Saturn, some of his stuff I liked and some I didn't, but I had massive respect for him after hearing that.

I've always loved watching Saturn in the ring. I've always seen him as a great wrestler and worker. That sucks that no one has really heard from him or doesn't know where he is. I really hope he's alright and safe.

I was a pretty big Saturn mark. He could work as a total badass or a total goof. My favorite episode of Heat was when he hosted with Mopey.

It sounds like he just wants to disassociate himself from the business. Given the shit he's gone through and all of his friends that have died, can't say I blame him.

Really hope he isn't missing/dead though. To be honest, he was probably my 2nd favorite Radical behind Roots Genoa for the longest time.

Reminds me of a friend of mine...told us he was going to travel through Canada and Alaska BY FOOT...like he's Christopher McCandless or some shit...no one's heard from him since. Probably been about 4 years now.

Count me in with the fans of Saturn. I always enjoyed his in-ring work and after reading the heroic story about him above, I have a new found respect for him. That's amazing. I can't believe I hadn't heard that til now. Here's hoping he's doing alright.

Add another Saturn mark here. I always thought he had a badass look and wished he would have been used better when he jumped to the WWE.

I personally was never that big on saturn as a worker (though i liked the eliminators in ecw). But that story about saving the woman is dam good and its such a great thing to do. I hope hes ok and safe.

also if you want to see a wrestler show real guts go check out the wrestlepalozza 97 main event saturn drops a elbow of the top with a dam near broken leg. It was the most amazing thing i have ever seen in wrestling.

I remember hearing about that rescue story a while back, and the guy is a true hero for doing that. The Moppy thing was honestly my favorite thing he ever did, but he was a very solid worker. I used to think his Rings of Saturn finisher looked so badass. I hope he's doing well.

Saturn is the man, I loved him, bad-ass, goofy, didn't matter I marked like a little bitch. So much so, that I named my cat Perry. I heard about the rescue story when it happened, and made me that much more of a fan.